Enemy-free game

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
johnshrapnel
Thug

Enemy-free game

Post by johnshrapnel »

Suppose you have a very young child who wants to play the game, just because they love the FPS perspective, and they just want to walk around, jump from one thing to another, etc. It's okay to have environmental damage (like falling damage, or exploding barrels). But we don't want any combat, so there need to be no enemies on the level.

And no, I can't just go around and kill them all and have the kid walking over all the corpses. Or even all the unconscious people.

Is there a cheat code that just removes all enemies? Or maybe just makes everybody friendly? I don't want the people attacking each other either. . .
johnshrapnel
Thug

Re: Enemy-free game

Post by johnshrapnel »

Oh, one more thing: I don't care whether this is done in TNM or vanilla DX1.

I don't have a copy of DX2 and don't intend to get one. Any suggestions?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hm not that I can think of, sorry. Best I can come up with is "massban", but then you still have to deal with the corpses, and it kills everyone, not just the enemies.

There's also a good chance something like what you want would totally break parts of the game logic. Not sure though.

Plus you often come across people who are just plain dead to begin with. TNM has a certain amount of content that simply isn't suited for children - for example every line of dialogue out of Scara :P

Sorry I can't be of more service.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
johnshrapnel
Thug

Post by johnshrapnel »

I could always start with one of the levels, kill everyone, pile up the bodies and blow them up with TNT or something. Or dump them in the water.

There'll be a big pile of blood there. But I don't think there's any way to kill people and leave no remains.

Or I could just dump the corpses in a sufficiently deep body of water.

Liberty Island may be problematic, because Gunther's on it and he's unkillable. Is there at least one unkillable person on every level of DX1? Or are there exceptions?
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

Start a multiplayer game.
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

What about just deleting all the enemies in editor?
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

Just play red faction guerilla. set up a lan game where you can walk around and just do damage to the buildings. of course its not first person perpective, but it wont matter that much

lulz by "the" game you mean Deus Ex? whats the difference lol. just put red faction on and say thats Deus Ex or its cousin or something
Andy.G
Thug

Post by Andy.G »

There wouldn't happen to be a cheat for unlimited bioenergy? Otherwise you could just plug in the cloak and silent feet augs and you'd be fine!

(but then again, does cloak make you invisible to robots too?)
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Andy.G wrote:
(but then again, does cloak make you invisible to robots too?)
No, but you can have both invisibility and bot-invisibility.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

set deusex.jcdentonmale energy 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999...ect

I think thats the cheat to set the amount of BioEnergy you get.
By setting it a really big number you can run the whole game with Augs on :)
Just don't use a Repair Bot or any Biocells as it sets it back to 100..
I think.
Tell me if it doesnt work and I'll check it
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Andy.G
Thug

Post by Andy.G »

Otherwise you could simply use the cheats found at the end of Radish Adventure, one of which makes you completely invisible to everyone if my memory serves me right...

Or you could just type in "iamjonas" :P
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Yeah, wasn't there a binvisible true? Erasing all the enemies may be unnecessary. Also, areas in TNM lack combat, or the combat can be cleared, like many areas of Forum City.

I still find that hilarious though, fixing the problem of combat for a child by having them all be dead corpses.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

"invisible 1" and "iamjonas" does the same thing, which is make you basically invisible to the game. Problem is it also makes triggers ignore you, so parts of the game logic become thoroughly broken.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JizzyJeff
UNATCO

Post by JizzyJeff »

You know you can turn off the blood, right? I didn't even know the game had gore the first time I played it, it was turned off for some reason.
My name is not Jeff.
Andy.G
Thug

Post by Andy.G »

JizzyJeff wrote:You know you can turn off the blood, right? I didn't even know the game had gore the first time I played it, it was turned off for some reason.
I thought that was more gibs rather than blood (simular to the old Half Life) that could be removed with that option, which is in the option menue no doubt.
If anything just use an area in TNM in which there are mostly friendlies (and not to many weapons), say PDX HQ or Goat city, and let them roam free through there. Personaly I've always thought Goat city was the most peaceful map in TNM with it's music and lovely scenery, which always made me feel bad after fighting my way through it :(