TNM 1.0.5 test help

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: TNM 1.0.5 test help

Post by Jonas »

Already working on that. In fact, knowing Nick, he probably got it done last night when he started looking into it :-)

I'll check out that code you posted. Why would you want to disable autosaving?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Of course that makes lvl 4 computer a lot less interesting.

While you're busy making my work obsolete, are you guys checking out the issue with ATM's giving infinite money?
While at it, might as well fix them using DX Ice Breaker instead of TNM (never did figure out why that was...)
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
dx_blaster
Thug

Post by dx_blaster »

Jonas wrote:Already working on that. In fact, knowing Nick, he probably got it done last night when he started looking into it :-)

I'll check out that code you posted. Why would you want to disable autosaving?
Mostly autosave suck at testing maps or features of the game. The autosave feature implemented for DesuEx by Lork saves every time a map change/load is done. On older PC machines (like mine) it’s very annoying to wait for load and autosave if you have to go though map barriers a lot. That was my motivation to create an on/off option for autosave.
wbr
DX_Blaster
sorry for my bad English it is not my native tongue

latest cool thing i found on the net:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vV ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy ... r_embedded
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

My not so humble suggestions: Add more biocells to be bought, and more ways to spend money in general now that I think about it. And a way to buy rocketboots(they should stack too).
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Of course that makes lvl 4 computer a lot less interesting.
What do you think I am, a novice? :lol:

We're not disabling the time limit completely, we're only raising it on Advanced and Master. Only, at Master it'll be so long it might as well be infinite.
While you're busy making my work obsolete, are you guys checking out the issue with ATM's giving infinite money?
Did you do anything with the ATMs? Yeah I've asked Nick to look into it. In fact while we're at it, could you give me the exact steps I need to take to reproduce this? I never could make it work.
dx_blaster wrote:Mostly autosave suck at testing maps or features of the game. The autosave feature implemented for DesuEx by Lork saves every time a map change/load is done. On older PC machines (like mine) it’s very annoying to wait for load and autosave if you have to go though map barriers a lot. That was my motivation to create an on/off option for autosave.
Oh, well we're not doing it that way. Our autosaves will probably be scripted like 2027, so it saves at major plot points.
Jaedar wrote:My not so humble suggestions: Add more biocells to be bought, and more ways to spend money in general now that I think about it. And a way to buy rocketboots(they should stack too).
Good idea, actually, I'll add it to one of the Weapon Shop vending machines.How does... 250 per cell sound?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

How about a few skill points for killing DDL, if we are playing on WorldCorp's side?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Why? Do you not get enough skill points in the WC storyline?

I would let Scara give you money for it, but that would require new VO.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

I don't want some big reward, like 100 skill points or so are enough. It just seems like the most convenient way to add some reward for killing him (if you are on WorldCorp's side).
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote: Good idea, actually, I'll add it to one of the Weapon Shop vending machines.How does... 250 per cell sound?
Don't remember the balance of cash that well but my guts tell me it should be a bit more expensive.

Rocketboots should be free, obviously :mrgreen:
odio ergo sum
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:We're not disabling the time limit completely, we're only raising it on Advanced and Master. Only, at Master it'll be so long it might as well be infinite.
I see. The reply made it seem you modified it to be always infinite. Which would make Master pretty much a waste. Still would be probably depending on how long Advanced is longer now...
Did you do anything with the ATMs? Yeah I've asked Nick to look into it. In fact while we're at it, could you give me the exact steps I need to take to reproduce this? I never could make it work.
I've disabled the script to re-activate the downtown one, but that's in the missionscript. Nothing about the ATM's itself.
Not quite sure what causes it. Thought it was the re-actvation of the downtown one (since it appeared to happen after you retun there) but using // to make it not happen the bug still appears present in 1.0.4+ :/
All I know is that ATM's are restocked after about every mapchange.
Sorry I can't be more help...
Good idea, actually, I'll add it to one of the Weapon Shop vending machines.How does... 250 per cell sound?
I thought I remembered you being against that, and previous suggestions to such got conned. Oh well...
Does sound a bit low, yes.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
dx_blaster
Thug

Post by dx_blaster »

Jonas wrote: Oh, well we're not doing it that way. Our autosaves will probably be scripted like 2027, so it saves at major plot points.
Oh, cool have to take a closer look my self how 2027 is doing that :) would be nice for DeusEx it self.

Maybe Nick or You could later release how you implement it on the DXEditing forum or an enhanced SDK doc.
Is there a way to name the directory of the "automatic save"? Lork's version creates a directory called Save3, and I found no way to change that.
wbr
DX_Blaster
sorry for my bad English it is not my native tongue

latest cool thing i found on the net:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vV ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy ... r_embedded
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Oh yeah, would a reduction in save file size be possible? I'm assuming no due to how the engine saves stuff, but I thought I might ask especially if you're implementing autosaves cause I remember the save times getting pretty high some times.
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Nick spent a day looking into save file reduction, and I believe the conclusion was: "fuck it."
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Amakir
NSF

Post by Amakir »

Do you have room for one more tester? :giggle:
"There is a door, you will be required to get through it. If you cannot think of at least three ways to do that, perhaps Deus Ex is not the game for you. - chris the cynic
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

We have infinite room for testers!
Jonas Wæver