TNM 1.0.5 test help

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

TNM 1.0.5 test help

Post by Jonas »

Hey, people. We're doing some things for 1.0.5 that will need a substantial amount of testing soon.

Any takers?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: TNM 1.0.5 test help

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:Hey, people. We're doing some things for 1.0.5 that will need a substantial amount of testing soon.

Any takers?
Holy crap. This is getting bigger than Ben Hur. :P

Yes to the volunteering btw.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Count me in. I attract bugs like, er, syrup? Let's just say I tend to encounter many of them.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

TNM is getting another patch?

I would volounteer if it weren't for the fact that I have so much uni stuff to do right now, so can't really promise any actual bug hunting for the next 3 weeks :/
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

MEMEMEMEMEME!
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Seems like you got one or two takers anyway but if you need an extra hand bug hunting: Count me in! :)
I was gonna do another TNM playthrough at somepoint this month anyway. :mrgreen:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yep, more hands are good.

This is fundamentally an HDTP compatibility patch. After trying out their latest build, I realised most of our weapons for example don't use the HDTP assets at all. Figured: since we gotta fix that anyway, may as well fix a few extra niggles and issues.

For example, I've added another ladder out of the Downtown canals, so you don't have to swim so long to get out if you jump into the water in the wrong place. Of course that created some BSP issues, because the Downtown sector is straining the engine as it is, but I think I've fixed them. Emphasis on think, that's where the testing comes in ;)

There will also be some new content and features. Ded has let us use some of the new visual effects from his mod, and I've finally got around to making the five other apartments in the very first map enterable (though not quite the way they are in Hassat's addon). Nick is working on autosave right now.

I'll consider requests, btw. Don't hold back.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I don't know if it's practical but here goes: In the Corporate District sewers maybe a couple of extra molotovs, or some other Greasel eradicating stuff, hidden somewhere. There's all sorts of nooks and crannies so it wouldn't need to be a hidden compartment, although that'd be awesome. Sometimes I go down there early-ish and don't have my favourite Greasel hunting flame thrower.
Last edited by bobby 55 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I can add some molotovs to the sewers, sure. Do you think that's the best weapon for dealing with greasels?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jonas wrote:Yep, more hands are good.

This is fundamentally an HDTP compatibility patch. After trying out their latest build, I realised most of our weapons for example don't use the HDTP assets at all. Figured: since we gotta fix that anyway, may as well fix a few extra niggles and issues.

For example, I've added another ladder out of the Downtown canals, so you don't have to swim so long to get out if you jump into the water in the wrong place. Of course that created some BSP issues, because the Downtown sector is straining the engine as it is, but I think I've fixed them. Emphasis on think, that's where the testing comes in ;)

There will also be some new content and features. Ded has let us use some of the new visual effects from his mod, and I've finally got around to making the five other apartments in the very first map enterable (though not quite the way they are in Hassat's addon). Nick is working on autosave right now.

In case anyone wonders, I'm sitting in the back room, counting all the money and sipping expensive scotch.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:I can add some molotovs to the sewers, sure. Do you think that's the best weapon for dealing with greasels?
Well flame throwers and G.E.P. guns are expensive early in the game. Confined spaces and LAMS aren't the best things for survival either. I'm sure some of the guys would have other ideas. I like molotoving them when there in a corner or a room with one exit.

@Trestkon: The scotch I'll go with, but I've got my doubts about the money. :mrgreen:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

All right, I've added a couple of molotovs near each sewer entrance, plus one on DDL's table (to indicate that he's the one stashing molotovs around the place). I've also given DDL a mug with his name on it.

Christ that level is confusing, by the way.
Trestkon wrote:In case anyone wonders, I'm sitting in the back room, counting all the money and sipping expensive scotch.
THERE'S MONEY?! :shock:
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Sweet, thanks.

It wasn't until after I'd been down there a few times that I didn't get hopelessly lost. Once you "signpost" a few things it's not nearly as bad.
dx_blaster
Thug

Post by dx_blaster »

Jonas wrote:Nick is working on autosave right now.

Hi Jonas, I have one small request about autosave: please make an on/off option for it via game menu or only via an .ini switch.

I've done this some weeks ago for the Deus Ex 2.0 project and posted the source code for it.
If you want to use the idea and/or the code be my guest. I have written a how to implement it too, but my English is really bad so I hope it’s helpfull at all.

Here is the last update of the source code:
Attachments
DesuEx_Autosave_Mod_Source_v1.04.zip
DX Autosave Mod: adds a new Control Menu Button to activate/deactivate the Autosave option in Game.
(60.18 KiB) Downloaded 886 times
Last edited by dx_blaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
wbr
DX_Blaster
sorry for my bad English it is not my native tongue

latest cool thing i found on the net:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vV ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy ... r_embedded
dx_blaster
Thug

Post by dx_blaster »

Hi all, Hi TNM dev team

A new patch sound very great (hope for a new DVD ISO is rising again... :mrgreen: )
I want to help as good as i can, haven't played TNM in a while and I'm sorry to say I've never played it to the end (guess I played 2/3 of it).

I think I'm out of luck but I’ll try it anyway:
Jonas you have mentioned that you really liked the DXHR feature to read emails anytime.
Do you think / consider it is possible to implement this feature into DeusEX and TNM with reasonable amount time and work or not?
Of course there are printer’s in TNM but as you also mentioned not nearly enough to make full use of its feature. Maybe you could add some (much) more printers into TNM?

Looks like this are two questions at once, sorry for that :mrgreen:
wbr
DX_Blaster
sorry for my bad English it is not my native tongue

latest cool thing i found on the net:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vV ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy ... r_embedded