Excellent mod!

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
OtaconPliskin
Thug

Excellent mod!

Post by OtaconPliskin »

Just recently played through and beat Deus ex, saw alot of things on TNM so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Upon a brief introduction and all that jazz I found myself out on the open streets; Wandered around a bit--got a few quests here and there, LOVED the Fan Fiction shop (because it was not only hilarious but pertinent and informative, especially since I had just beaten Deus ex and I always find myself surfing the wiki reading up on Deus Ex information); So I find myself talking to the guard at the Goat Temple, I go and do what it is he asked of me, upon return I speak with him and claim my reward; I have a habit of trying to talk to everyone I see in Deus Ex, so I see a "Board Guest" and figure it will either end in some witty quip or something more pertinent..i start walking over...BOOM. Hahaha. The guard went aggro and blew him to hell. Hilarious, unscripted, and a great first impression on the mod. Good work guys! The fact alone that 7 years of work was put into this and I downloaded it for free is a refreshing change of pace from the bullshit that mass media tries to shove down our throats for their own profit, and your hard work and dedication most certainly shows. So far I can't see anything in this mod that wasn't closely and cleverly thought through from every angle it could be approached. Thanks again, and this being my first post; It's a pleasure to be a part of your community.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Excellent mod!

Post by Jonas »

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

You mean Llama temple though. Abom would blow you up if he heard you call him a Goat ;)

Also, don't underestimate the value of getting paid - you only put 7 years of work into an unpaid project once before you start trying to make some money off of the sweat of your brow. Being able to make rent every month is nice, you know?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
OtaconPliskin
Thug

Post by OtaconPliskin »

:P Myself, I've got 4 years in the army and 2 kids, I hear where you're coming from ;) but philanthropy in an ever-growing market is a refreshing change of pace.
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

Um, I don't think they made the mod for their love of humanity. And even if they wanted, they coulnd't charge you money for it. Copyrights and shit.
OtaconPliskin
Thug

Post by OtaconPliskin »

A seven year project that holds no promises of profit other than potentially looking good on a resume, either shows a great love of the craft itself, or a great appreciation of the community that it spawned.