My TNM Menu Backdrop Edit

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
ikaricrime
Thug

My TNM Menu Backdrop Edit

Post by ikaricrime »

Video of Menu Backdrop Intro Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3TvyJNqgU

I don't really think any players understood at first glance what The Nameless Mod was about at first. This edit just adds a scene of a computer screen with the camera flying thru into the world of the Nameless Mod as the original mod presented as soon as the player runs the mod.

The Nameless Mod was always based on the internet culture that was around during the early 2000s. At this time everyone was watching the Matrix. Alot of people watched it to understand how the internet worked however I think the scene where the screen represented the world was left out from the mod and it something that wanted to add to improve what the mod is trying to present!

I think it's worth putting into the this mod because it's a single player mod based on the internet culture! It was much more important to put this in the menu backdrop and with the tools available, it give me the chance of putting this edit into the mod.

Taking notes from the Matrix, this file is the very first screen players see when then run the mod is a door of the city yet the mod represents a world that happened online.

Even thou this idea is on the training mission, when the training mission is done, it's done until players play the mod however it doesn't appear unless the player runs the training mission over again. I think it much better this was presented as the user runs the client for the first time and every time before resuming their game save states.

I personally want to change it to make sure the player understand that even thou this mod can be played in our own
time. I hope this address the misunderstanding that many players have when they played the mod but misunderstood it.

It's still an single player total conversation mod based on an internet community and this needs to be addressed and with the visual fix regarding this mod. Everything else in this mod represents what it still is.

I cannot uploads the file on Moddb because The Nameless Mod space doesn't grant access but I could send you the files somehow if I had a current email. Also the forum is limited to what I can post if I post it up on here.

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: My TNM Menu Backdrop Edit

Post by nerdenstein »

Just watching that made me want to play it again. <_<

It looks pretty cool! :smile:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey that's really cool, I love it!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ikaricrime
Thug

Post by ikaricrime »

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B ... 26550D!298

I've uploaded it onto my skydrive, just click the link and it's the zip folder titled 'TNM Backdrop Menu Edit' which is available to download!

This will replace the current file. If you want to keep the current file, just make a back up of the original file because coping this file into the TNM Game files.

I modded it a bit more to make the beginning synch with the music.