Thank You for An Awesome Game!

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
medzernik
NSF

Thank You for An Awesome Game!

Post by medzernik »

I'd like to thank once again to everyone who made this game such a great experience. I'll sum up my experiences below on why I think it's such a great experience :)

I'd like to point out things that make this game so great: the atmosphere. Especially in the corporate district. Knowing that WC is such a dark company, reading through their e-mails and getting a peak at what is really going on, yet still not being able to see every plan they have along with the dark sky and rain complemented with the fantastic music makes just an excellent experience.

Gameplay wise a lot of stuff has been updated from the regular DX, mainly computers which are just an amazing piece of work. Being able to print off e-mails and read them later is just perfect and since you have to find the printer first, it isn't even that OP and sometimes it's better to read quickly through the lines until the time runs out. Also not being able to hack some computers with lower skill is great. Makes it important to level it.

Unique items are fantastic, the NVS' screwdriver has a nice ability, manufacturing your own rocket launcher, etc. These items greatly increase the number of different playstyles and creative thinking. Fantastic job with them.

Also big props for merging the style of the story with the actual gameplay. The 2 go together really well, which happens rarely in many games these days.

Maps are great, full of detail (although the original downtown map looked a lot better in my opinion, pity it had so many BSP holes and the game crashed with it). Being able to buy your own stuff in the shop also introduces an element of having to expect what you need in a mission. The maps are also full of suprises and even when prepared, you still find things that you have to be creative about in order to beat them.

Being able to choose your own storyline is great. They differ GREATLY and offer a unique experience. The experience is furthuremore expanded by the introduction of the Second Day where you physically see the differences you made in the first day. Pity that many shops closed during the second day (probably because of the fighting or there was no time left to develop them).

Voice acting is very good, especially on the main characters. It fits the mood and atmosphere of the game.

The game is also very clever about your actions and has many "failsafes" to prevent certain exploits and it even reacts to them.

Soundtrack is excellent once again, every music piece fits the area very well.

And the secret ending along with 3 endings and 2 storylines makes the game extremely replayable. It even has a few suprises when you replay the game.

So, once again, thank you for this incredible experience! :)
Bird
NSF

Re: Thank You for An Awesome Game!

Post by Bird »

I could not have said it better, nonetheless this post has some spoilers, such as (will delete these quotes if original text gets spoiler'd):
[quote]Unique items are fantastic, the NVS' screwdriver has a nice ability, manufacturing your own rocket launcher, etc.[/quote]

[quote]The experience is furthuremore expanded by the introduction of the Second Day where you physically see the differences you made in the first day. Pity that many shops closed during the second day (probably because of the fighting or there was no time left to develop them).[/quote]

[quote]And the secret ending along with 3 endings and 2 storylines makes the game extremely replayable. It even has a few suprises when you replay the game.[/quote]

Apart from these things where can I find some information about that original downtown level?
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

Bird wrote:I could not have said it better, nonetheless this post has some spoilers, such as (will delete these quotes if original text gets spoiler'd):
[quote]Unique items are fantastic, the NVS' screwdriver has a nice ability, manufacturing your own rocket launcher, etc.
The experience is furthuremore expanded by the introduction of the Second Day where you physically see the differences you made in the first day. Pity that many shops closed during the second day (probably because of the fighting or there was no time left to develop them).
And the secret ending along with 3 endings and 2 storylines makes the game extremely replayable. It even has a few suprises when you replay the game.
[/spoiler]
Apart from these things where can I find some information about that original downtown level?[/quote]

The developer commentary http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless- ... mmentary-1
Bird
NSF

Will take a look

Post by Bird »

Thanks Medzernik, will take a look at that (guess those spoiler-y lines will not be deleted since got quoted again). I really loved the atmosphere too, especially at Sol's Bar and at our beloved city of the mighty F00n.™
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Awww awesome man. I can't really say "you're welcome" on behalf of the whole team, but you're welcome on my own behalf anyway :)

I wish I could get another 7 years to make a game again, it's really crazy what you can do when you have almost unlimited time!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
LeoBad
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by LeoBad »

+1 what Jonas said. But from a composer's point of view. It's great that you like it.