TNM in the media

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: TNM in the media

Post by Trestkon »

I stayed up rather late last night to jump on the Moddb.com Modcast. We talk about the latest modding news and get in a few minutes of TNM discussion. I don't really remember when the TNM discussion starts, but it's probably about 20 minutes in. Just listen to the whole thing, it's all interesting stuff :-)

We also recorded a Developer's Banter with moddb which should be up next week.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

http://games.on.net/article/5270/The_Na ... x_released

Just added you guys to GamesOnNet ;) you're on the front page.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Awesome, thanks. Didn't even know that site existed :o
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

well I got them to host it because I get my bandwidth from there for free. They're an Adelaide based community so everyone is local there.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Huh, cool.

In case anybody's wondering, we're withholding our main barrage of PR until we've got the first patch out. Hopefully that'll be some time over the weekend so we can start mailing all the big sites and magazines. If we don't fix some of these installation issues and crashes before sites like BoingBoing post about us, we will be positively bombarded with support requests. And then we may die.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Ace, thanks Jetset :D
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

its cool Jonas, I'll be doing a QA on this game (I've been doing it to everyone's games lately, I just sent a few bug reports for Empire:Total War), I can already give you one issue, Alt-Tabbing the game causes the entire graphics on the screen to jumble, though you probably already knew about that one :D

GON is pretty low key so basically all that will happen is you'll have all of Adelaide playing TNM :D that is a good thing though, there's not much population here to make any significant PR dent- but just be happy everyone is playing it.

I love the game so far, Goat and Lama made me ROFL, and the training level with the "What'd you expect" was funny.

My only criticism of the game is that the loading screens are too quick for me to catch the jokes, but congratulations guys its a very detailed game and its looking GREAT. I can't wait to get really stuck into the game.

EDIT: I just found another bug, I got stuck in the door during the first level, the one in the lobby. I can't get out of it lol! I keep opening and shutting it and it keeps moving me around. I have a save game of it if you're interested ;)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Alt-Tabbing the game causes the entire graphics on the screen to jumble, though you probably already knew about that one :D
Thanks but yeah, that's all over the Help & Support forum already. Not our fault, it's the OGL renderer - you can try switching to DirectX9 and that should solve it.
My only criticism of the game is that the loading screens are too quick for me to catch the jokes, but congratulations guys its a very detailed game and its looking GREAT. I can't wait to get really stuck into the game.
Well you shouldn't have such a fast computer then ;)

You can always type "quotes" during the credits if you want to sit through 19 hours of random quotes from 7 years of development. And that's after 8 hours of regular credits.

Anyway, thanks :)
Hope you'll enjoy it.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Oh, there also IS a review, CP. I noticed someone on the forum asking after one. 'Tis here: http://www.richardcobbett.com/codex/jou ... eless_mod/
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Trestkon wrote:I stayed up rather late last night to jump on the Moddb.com Modcast. We talk about the latest modding news and get in a few minutes of TNM discussion. I don't really remember when the TNM discussion starts, but it's probably about 20 minutes in. Just listen to the whole thing, it's all interesting stuff :-)

Haha, "As we educated people call it", epic burn on Testur0. Any burns on that guy I fully support. My interactions with him have put him fully in the category of "dickwad". :P
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jetsetlemming wrote:
Trestkon wrote:I stayed up rather late last night to jump on the Moddb.com Modcast. We talk about the latest modding news and get in a few minutes of TNM discussion. I don't really remember when the TNM discussion starts, but it's probably about 20 minutes in. Just listen to the whole thing, it's all interesting stuff :-)

Haha, "As we educated people call it", epic burn on Testur0. Any burns on that guy I fully support. My interactions with him have put him fully in the category of "dickwad". :P
Nah, he's cool :)
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

The first release of Zombie Panic: Source was AWFUL, balance wise, and he repeatedly stated that it was his vision and he refused to change anything, and insulted anyone that didn't like it, signing up on the Zombie Master forums to insult those fans and trash the mod. Of course, he's since changed his tune, but first impressions are everything. ;)
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Oh thanks!

Favoruite Character thus far: Master_Kale LOL.. Was such an awesome surprise when I encountered him.

I also love the El Cid references :D
Zeitgeist
UNATCO

Post by Zeitgeist »

Sorry Kale, I've killed you.