High Brow TNM Reviews

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

High Brow TNM Reviews

Post by Trestkon »

This thread is only for the most verbose, highly intelligent reviews of TNM from people who have actually played the mod!

I shall start off (and mirror all additions in this post, for easy reading):

Grim2012 (GameTrailers.com) - "Who the hell mabe this pice of crap? Hu? Seven years in the making! R U joking? It took 7 years to make this?! Looks like a group of retared monkeys created this."

Luongo001 (GameTrailers.com) - "7 years in the making.............
and it still looks like shit.......... haha
but that isn't due to the people who made it, that engine is just too old. it looks worse than counterstrike."

MogKnight89 (GameTrailers.com) - "Wow the VO is terrible, like really terrible. And the story sounds just awful. And your writing sucks. And the Deus Ex engine is ugly as hell now. Seriously seven years in the making? Wow what a colossal waste of 7 years."

denizsi (RPG Codex) - "Somewhere, in a dump dark spot, Warren Spector is tearing his hair and skin apart, crying inside, and out. "IS THIS *MY* FAN BASE!? IS THIS WHY I'VE DONE THIS, RELEASED THE SDK?!"."

Wyrmlord (RPG Codex) - "Yeah, I think your god is smart enough to be facepalming at how ridiculous the whole premise of this mod is."
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
ZIGS
NSF

Re: High Brow TNM Reviews

Post by ZIGS »

*stabs his own hand with a fork*

Sorry, I just had to channel the anger that was building up inside me
terthos
Thug

Post by terthos »

Bet they didn't like Deus Ex either.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

My favorites are still:

denizsi (RPG Codex) - "Somewhere, in a dump dark spot, Warren Spector is tearing his hair and skin apart, crying inside, and out. "IS THIS *MY* FAN BASE!? IS THIS WHY I'VE DONE THIS, RELEASED THE SDK?!"."

Wyrmlord (RPG Codex) - "Yeah, I think your god is smart enough to be facepalming at how ridiculous the whole premise of this mod is."
Last edited by chris the cynic on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deacon Lowdown
Mole Person

Post by Deacon Lowdown »

denizsi (RPG Codex) wrote: "Somewhere, in a dump dark spot, Warren Spector is tearing his hair and skin apart, crying inside, and out. "IS THIS *MY* FAN BASE!? IS THIS WHY I'VE DONE THIS, RELEASED THE SDK?!"."
It's funny, because this mod is probably a more substantial achievement than anything Spector's done since 2003.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Deacon Lowdown wrote:
denizsi (RPG Codex) wrote: "Somewhere, in a dump dark spot, Warren Spector is tearing his hair and skin apart, crying inside, and out. "IS THIS *MY* FAN BASE!? IS THIS WHY I'VE DONE THIS, RELEASED THE SDK?!"."
It's funny, because this mod is probably a more substantial achievement than anything Spector's done since 2003.
What did he do in '03?
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

but that isn't due to the people who made it, that engine is just too old. it looks worse than counterstrike."
Oh for fucks sake - HELLO?! Are all you trigger happy gamers out there that shallow that you'll take a game over it's graphics rather than its superb intelligent game-play?

Damn your eyes to hell man. HELL.

Pristine examples of gaming like the TNM mod are WASTED on these people.
ZIGS
NSF

Post by ZIGS »

Deacon Lowdown wrote:
What about Thief: Deadly Shadows? I thought that game rocked hard, awesome story, great atmosphere, long as fuck and features the scariest level in any game ever created
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

metche_steele wrote:Oh for fucks sake - HELLO?! Are all you trigger happy gamers out there that shallow that you'll take a game over it's graphics rather than its superb intelligent game-play?
Calm down Metche, you'll always get people who'd rather make fun of a game than try it out. No use getting mad about it, it's far more constructive to laugh at their stupidity.

Deacon Lowdown wrote:It's funny, because this mod is probably a more substantial achievement than anything Spector's done since 2003.
Let's not take cheap shots at Warren Spector, his work is the reason this mod exists in the first place ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

Yeah, their stupididty is a worst punishment they can get anyway.
bananaSkill
Thug

Post by bananaSkill »

laughed my pants off when reading the quotes above...
gamers today makes baby jesus cry :lol:
Zeitgeist
UNATCO

Post by Zeitgeist »

Trestkon wrote:This thread is only for the most verbose, highly intelligent reviews of TNM from people who have actually played the mod!

I shall start off (and mirror all additions in this post, for easy reading):

Grim2012 (GameTrailers.com) - "Who the hell mabe this pice of crap? Hu? Seven years in the making! R U joking? It took 7 years to make this?! Looks like a group of retared monkeys created this."

MogKnight89 (GameTrailers.com) - "Wow the VO is terrible, like really terrible. And the story sounds just awful. And your writing sucks. And the Deus Ex engine is ugly as hell now. Seriously seven years in the making? Wow what a colossal waste of 7 years."

I guarantee that each one of these people own copies of Halo, Call of Duty: World at War, Gears of War 2, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Crap, I broke format. Fixed in my post, but where uniform format really matters is in the first one.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Hey, Halo is a great game! Come to think of it, I really have to finish GoW 2, as well :p
chris the cynic wrote:Crap, I broke format. Fixed in my post, but where uniform format really matters is in the first one.
Just the bolding, right? I fixed it in my post :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Zeitgeist wrote:I guarantee that each one of these people own copies of Halo, Call of Duty: World at War, Gears of War 2, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
Hey, I own Halo 2, CoD5, and R6V2, and I thought GoW2 was great fun :(
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine