Question about the Damage System

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Blade sword
NSF

Re: Question about the Damage System

Post by Blade sword »

lol but it was the funniest addition to TNM ^^
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Funny yes, but not useful on purpose.

Leave it to Deus Ex players to find a use for a deliberately useless item :mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
35Kas
Thug

Post by 35Kas »

This is why when playing deus ex I keep the same modded(silencer,laser,mods) sniper rifle, stealth pistol, mini-bow, AR and Assault Shotgun since the start of the game. That's all you need, and on my latest play through I kill with the maxed out modded sniper rifle on advanced with each bullet without ever using the scope and thus I have plenty of ammo to spare.

With Ballistic Aug and Regen maxed out you can waltz into a room full of bots and soldiers and leisurely unload your assault shotgun into their faces, switch to sabot and blow up the bots (or reverse it so the soldiers die to the blasts).

PS: I keep a DTS to open boxes and save ammo, and you can run the above strategy with combat strength activated and just cut through everything with the DTS.
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

Jonas wrote:Funny yes, but not useful on purpose.

Leave it to Deus Ex players to find a use for a deliberately useless item :mrgreen:
The most funny is the fact TNM got items made to be useless and some persons find them useful, and some games DX / SS2 got some items made to be useful and they are useless due by the fact how they work :o
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I always played through regular Deus Ex on realistic - I've beaten it using pistols, as well doing a playthrough using no guns at all, only non-gunpowder weapons (almost all nonlethal, but I used the DTS to wipe out the invading army of UNATCO soldiers when they came for me after I met Dowd, and I killed Walton Simons with the DTS as well).

So far I've only beaten TNM's PDX campaign on medium - I'd agree that TNM definitely SEEMS harder than regular DX - I ran completely out of ammo for almost all of my weapons on the last levels, and the enemies there were extremely difficult to fight - my defense mods didn't help against their attacks at all, and I had focused on pistols, which made it rather hard to kill the extremely fast-moving and hard to headshot mini-aliens and the teleporting blue aliens with pistols. However I eventually found a way to take out most of the pesky aliens quickly. Unfortunately I've completely missed the gun I'd need in my WC playthrough...
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

TNM is harder than DX, that's a fact, but I think the pumpgun needs a damage upgrade to 20

The pumpgun vs the sawed off

pumpgun

15 dg
8 shells
3.3 shots / sec
reload 1.5 sec
recoil 0.80
accuracy 80 %
acc range 93
max range 187
mass 30
can be equiped with laser

sawed off
25 dg
4 shells
3.3 shots / sec
reload 3.0 sec
recoil 0.50
accuracy 70 %
acc range 75
Max range 150
mass 15

Pumpgun suggestion

20 dg
7 shells

3.3 shots / sec
reload 2.0 sec
recoil 0.80
accuracy 75 %
acc range 93
Max range 187
mass 30
can be equiped with laser

I'm certain it will be better without unballancing the game
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Blade sword wrote:TNM is harder than DX, that's a fact
I don't think TNM's harder than DX because of the weapons, but rather because of the AI. In DX if you made a noise but the enemy couldn't see you, he'd look for you but give up after a while, and continue with whatever he was initially doing. On the other hand in TNM if you make a noise or the enemy catches a glimpse of you before you vanish, he'll look for you, but instead of giving up he'll hit the alarm. This makes it a lot harder to do the stealth approach, as there's very little room for error. However I can see why it's been done, because DX was far too easy, and it certainly improves the realism.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Blade sword, what the hell is up with you and the number 7?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you autistic? Or do you have Asperger's perhaps? It'd explain a lot IMO.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

Nothing with that :P I just think if we upgrade the pump gun damage it will have some other drawbacks, you seem to hate that number or something, but I don't understand what you mean by your phrase. :D
Also I don't think TNM is harder due to weapons, most of them are quite the same as in DX, the AI is improved, yes, but it's not only the AI, also some npcs got a better weaponry than DX, no bosses in DX uses a sniper rifle for example, the resources are less plenty
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I have nothing against the number 7, but it's a fairly nonstandard number to use for weapon stats and such, and it crops up all the time in your posts.

Also I ask if you have Asperger's because your posts are very very very specific. Most people settle for "please make the pump gun deal more damage", but you have to come right out and demand very specific changes to the stats. Strikes me as a bit strange.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

All my of posts no ^^, also some weapons in games uses 7 in a stat.
Also I try to suggest a balanced view of the weapon, when I made something less accurate I got some bad criticism about the accuracy of my posts because, I didn't mentioned some parameters, now you critic the precision of them because you find it precise.
I just try to propose something balanced, not with the 7 number on the stats ...
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Jonas wrote:Blade sword, what the hell is up with you and the number 7?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you autistic? Or do you have Asperger's perhaps? It'd explain a lot IMO.
Have you never heard the term "Lucky number seven"?
Illumonic
Thug

Post by Illumonic »

Jonas wrote:but you have to come right out and demand very specific changes to the stats. Strikes me as a bit strange.
Oh gawd, if you have only spoken with Setsunayaki aka [AK]DestroyerZero.
DXI Chat log
[_wraith] Any thought of incorporting ancient mysteries into the plot such as pyramids, Machu Pichu, legend of the 13 Crystal Skulls?
[Witchboy] wraith, we touch on the knights templar
[MISMonkey] You touched him where?
[Scott_M] echo... echo... echo...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Blade sword wrote:Also I try to suggest a balanced view of the weapon, when I made something less accurate I got some bad criticism about the accuracy of my posts because, I didn't mentioned some parameters, now you critic the precision of them because you find it precise.
Nah I wasn't criticizing you, I just thought it was a bit weird, is all.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Jonas wrote:Most people settle for "please make the pump gun deal more damage", but you have to come right out and demand very specific changes to the stats. Strikes me as a bit strange.
Seeing as I was one of those "buff the pump gun" people, I'll be more specific: I think it'd be a good improvement for the pump gun not to just increase the damage, but keep the damage the same and increase the pellet count per shot a bit.