Dual Pistols Of Injustice Requests

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
KON_Air
Mole Person

Dual Pistols Of Injustice Requests

Post by KON_Air »

Gotta love the pistols. But;
-They look horrible especially next to the 10mm Pistol with its awesomesauce textures. Dualies however feel untextured with all the white, especially the silencers look never been textured at all. I know it maybe a bit late but is it possible to have darker textures so the details stand out more?
-I'm not sure if it is a gameplay decision or the fact .45 ammo is a rare thing in Forum City or forgotten for all those times that vending machine in gunshop doesn't sell them. While there always is plenty to go around, it is hard to depend on them as primary or secondary weapons.
Helios
Thug

Re: Dual Pistols Of Injustice Requests

Post by Helios »

I also prefered the 10mm in looks and for killing things. With Alpha's service pistol I could take down people from a large distance with one shot with full training but the dual pistols weren't as effective. They're still really cool though, and the realoding sound is really nice.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

I love the Dual Pistols of Injustice, but I do not use them extremely often because:

1.) Not enough ammunition, they pawn as handguns but they do not have enough ammo, whilst the 10mm pistol has too much, a little mpre balance would be nice. I do know that they are Trestkon's custom handguns and they are the ONLY .45 weapon in Forum City, but I would have expected that the ULTRA-PAWN pistols I see on my desktop would have sufficient ammunition to be more useful than the plain, old, boring 10mm pistol. (Love the new 10mm skin though, thanks HDTP team :D )

2.) Not y'all's fault but the pistols look weird (And often crappy) because of the **** lighting in Deus Ex, although with the ENB Series thing it is much better :D
WendyO
Mole Person

Post by WendyO »

Having the .45 ammo sold in the vending machines with the latest patch made these a lot more fun to use all the time. So thanks!

But I used them whenever I could, so.. that's where all my different upgrades have gone. And I kind of noticed that there's an uneven number of maximum bullets per clip for a twin set of pistols. Do they each fire half a bullet when the clips are almost empty?
Stefan
Thug

Post by Stefan »

WendyO wrote:Having the .45 ammo sold in the vending machines with the latest patch made these a lot more fun to use all the time. So thanks!

But I used them whenever I could, so.. that's where all my different upgrades have gone. And I kind of noticed that there's an uneven number of maximum bullets per clip for a twin set of pistols. Do they each fire half a bullet when the clips are almost empty?
They have 16 bullets per clip. Perhaps you've added an clip upgrade?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah if you give them 5 clip upgrades, you end up with 21 rounds IIRC. I suppose it would make more sense to let each clip upgrade add 2 rounds. I'll look into it.

We're also working on a solution for the reload sound problem. It's out of sync on all but one specific skill level because of the way Deus Ex treats reloading.

Also, OP: I hope you noticed the pistol skin was improved in version 1.0.1 ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Weaponmodclip is actually incredibly stupidly done. Basically, it adds "10% of your basic clipsize" as rounds, rounding down to nearest whole number, with a minimum of one.

So a four round gun (hello minicrossbow: shame you can't use these mods) actually gets a 25% increase with each mod, whereas a 19 round gun gets just over 5%. And then a 20 round gun jumps it up to 10% again.

But changing it requires (thanks, DX coders!) altering code in weaponmodclip, which then requires changing every fucking instance of weaponmodclip in the game. Which is of course doable, but mindfuckingly tedious, if you'll pardon the expression.

Of course, you could simply add code to the doubleguns to 'sort themselves out' after weaponmodclip has finished being retarded, but that's..well, ugly.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Oh uh... this is possibly not getting fixed, then. Sorry.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
[]KAOS[]Casey
Thug

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

it seems TNMGame has mutators disabled on inventory

Code: Select all

function bool IsRelevant( actor Other )
{
    local trestkon T;

if(!Other.isA('TNMPawn') && !Other.isA('Inventory') && !other.isA('containers'))
	  return super.IsRelevant(Other);
I would code a mutator so you could start the game using one and have it auto-replace the weaponmodclip as you play and fix it, but.. I could also do an extreme shitfix as well. Still make a mutator, but have it do the dreaded allactors iterator and still manage to work. Since i've got something to do I'll probably finish later
I have seen code that has surely darkened my soul within the depths of the unreal engine itself.
Shameless plug for Unreal 227 patch : http://www.oldunreal.com/
DDL

Post by DDL »

I forget, do mutators work dynamically and constantly, or is it just at startup of each level?

Coz you have things like weaponmod vending machines, and weaponmods transferred in convos, both of which involve spawn() calls way after level startup.
[]KAOS[]Casey
Thug

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Mutators are dynamic, just like SpawnNotify except not terrible{just my opinion, I could never sort out why spawnnotify was created since mutator does the job anyway..}
I have seen code that has surely darkened my soul within the depths of the unreal engine itself.
Shameless plug for Unreal 227 patch : http://www.oldunreal.com/
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Jonas wrote:Also, OP: I hope you noticed the pistol skin was improved in version 1.0.1 ;)
Iv abandoned them in 1.0.1 . Looks too much like the tops are all rusty.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

There's just no pleasing some people.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

For me those pistols are great but I see that Deus Ex got some code simplifications with many things , like the fact the heavy weapons doesn't give any speed bonus for example, it uses the default walk speed instead.
I see I'm not the only one that want the clip upgrade gives a bonus of two bullets instead of one.
But I think Deus Ex got two kind of bonuses for the weapons, the weapons that have less than 30 bullets per clip have only one bullet as an additional bonus, because the sniper and the pistol even the new weapons like the trestkon's pistols uses that kind of bonus.
but the weapons that have more uses a true percentage bonus the phat rifle, the mana staff uses the percentage bonus instead of the one clip bonus, I'm sure if we reduce that number to 16 or even lower, the Trest's pistols can get a better benefit even if the upgrades doesn't give 2 bullets at each upgrades we can get something better
basic 16 bullets
1st upgrade 17.6 ->18
2nd upgrade 19.2 ->19
3rd upgrade 20.8 -> 21
4th upgrade 22.4 -> 22
5th upgrade 24

Ok it's far from perfect but it's easier to modify a value, than made a specific code just for one weapon (I think it's that second how work the upgrades even the sawed off can get shells and 4+50% doesn't equals at 9 it equals 6; the pistols can get 11 bullets and 6+50% = 9)
For me the clip upgrade have two kind of bonus the +1 per clip and the percentage for the weapons with at minimum 30 bullets per clip
DDL

Post by DDL »

As noted (in this very thread, no less :))
DDL wrote:Weaponmodclip is actually incredibly stupidly done. Basically, it adds "10% of your basic clipsize" as rounds, rounding down to nearest whole number, with a minimum of one.

So a four round gun (hello minicrossbow: shame you can't use these mods) actually gets a 25% increase with each mod, whereas a 19 round gun gets just over 5%. And then a 20 round gun jumps it up to 10% again.

But changing it requires (thanks, DX coders!) altering code in weaponmodclip, which then requires changing every fucking instance of weaponmodclip in the game. Which is of course doable, but mindfuckingly tedious, if you'll pardon the expression.

Of course, you could simply add code to the doubleguns to 'sort themselves out' after weaponmodclip has finished being retarded, but that's..well, ugly.

So:
Weapons with 19 or fewer rounds: 1 round per mod.
Weapons with 20-29 rounds: 2 rounds per mod.
Weapons with 30-39 rounds: 3 rounds per mod.

And so on.

And as noted: requires changing every weaponmodclip in the game. Ever.

My personal suggestion would be to just modify doubleguns to accept 6 weaponmodclips. It's ugly, but it's simple.

Also: what do you mean 'bonus weapon speed' for heavy weapons? That's not a code simplification, it's to reflect the fact that heavy weapons are...heavy? So you can't run with them unless you're really really good with heavy weapons. Makes sense to me, so I don't understand what you mean... :/