My Recorded Playthrough (In the making)

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Felix3322
NSF

My Recorded Playthrough (In the making)

Post by Felix3322 »

Hey guys, so I have started to do a recorded play through of TNM. I am recording the game and narrating as I go. When I say I just started I mean I really just started. I have recorded up to right before you talk with Phas. I would like to know if this is okay with you guys before I start putting them online. Also I am wondering if you guys think I should wait until you put out version 1.0.1. I think that is what you are calling it. If there are enough changes that you think I should wait then I probably will. If so what is your (General) Time frame on that? Just wondering.

On a another note I would like to say that you guys have created a truly fantastic game. I have played the game with both factions and both Cults. (Many sleepless nights).

-----SPOLER----- (How do you put in black text?) ----- I think my favorite part... well one of them, is when King tells you to go KILL Phas... My immediate thought was, "Oh F**k!". It was just a great "Mission".

I look forward to the update although I must say that apart from the 8 times the game crashed on me I have not could not any critical errors. Actually the AI mission had a few bugs but you guys seem to to on top of that. Great work and Thanks again!
Felix
SGU
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: My Recorded Playthrough (In the making)

Post by Jonas »

Hey Felix,
Thanks for posting, we have no problem at all with you recording a narrated playthrough, we're really enjoying the several fan videos people have started posting on YouTube.

I would ask that you wait until patch 1.0.1 is out though, as it fixes an incredible amount of bugs, major as well as minor, and it would make me kinda sad if people would see all those bugs pre-patch every time they'd watch your videos in the future, you know? We're trying to get it done for the weekend, but we may need to take a few days to test it, so we're thinking Wednesday next week at the latest, is that okay with you?

And finally, thanks for asking! :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

You have a good point. I will do that then. Haha, Wednesday is fine. We waited 7 years for this game, I think most of us can wait a week for an update. =D
SGU
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

Quick Question- When I start my Play though, next Thursday hopefully! Do you think I should play it as PDX or WC?
SGU
LTKJAY
Thug

Post by LTKJAY »

Felix3322 wrote:Quick Question- When I start my Play though, next Thursday hopefully! Do you think I should play it as PDX or WC?
PDX, just to make things easier.
Gunpowder, Gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime
Scale
NSF

Post by Scale »

LTKJAY wrote:
Felix3322 wrote:Quick Question- When I start my Play though, next Thursday hopefully! Do you think I should play it as PDX or WC?

You calling my playthrough easy! Well.. it kinda was :P and all i used was sniper and pistols
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

I would like to know if this is okay with you guys before I start putting them online.
kahdeksan (Whoever that is) seems to have done quite a few videos already(Tho without narating). He/She's at least done 18 so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjLgtbs ... re=channel
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

LTKJAY wrote:
I agree, with WorldCorp (Not a spoiler because they are mentioned EVERYWHERE (Kind of...)) you have to *SPOILERS!!!* Kill a MODERATOR, and they are INVULNERABLE, as in THEY TAKE NO DAMAGE!!
kahdeksan
Mole Person

Post by kahdeksan »

stucuk wrote:kahdeksan (Whoever that is) seems to have done quite a few videos already(Tho without narating). He/She's at least done 18 so far.

It's not really meant to be a let's play, I just thought it would be fun to record my first playthrough and there weren't any other gameplay videos on Youtube
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

kahdeksan wrote:
stucuk wrote:kahdeksan (Whoever that is) seems to have done quite a few videos already(Tho without narating). He/She's at least done 18 so far.

It's not really meant to be a let's play, I just thought it would be fun to record my first playthrough and there weren't any other gameplay videos on Youtube

I am narrating mine, but I am stopping until Wednesday for version 1.0.1 to come out. You can all look forward to my boring rants in a week or so. lol. I have done a few for the original game. (I am putting it on hold for TNM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6apNfgPb--E

In HD from part 6 and on.
SGU
WarV
Mole Person

Post by WarV »

You shouldn't really being doing these on Youtube. Better to post them on Viddle since you can post 20+min videos.
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

WarV wrote:You shouldn't really being doing these on Youtube. Better to post them on Viddle since you can post 20+min videos.
I will look into that. Thank you.
SGU
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'd think YouTube would get you a larger audience though. Their community is enormous and the syndication is pretty good.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

But their quality is sh************************t.... :(

It is like the DX AI of video quality...
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

Well no. Not if you record and Upload in HD. I do.
SGU