Can you play too much TNM?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Morpheus
X-51

Can you play too much TNM?

Post by Morpheus »

Just wondering if you can play TNM too much cause I dreamed thT I was Trestkon and I was given an aug by Jonas and when I used it, it gave Jonas the powers to never ever get cancer :shock: and suddenly after this I dreamed I was running don the coperate sector, past World Corp and a bunch of tough black rappers, leaded by Snoop Dogg were trying to "Ice" me with Trestkons Dual Pistols

Guess that is what happens when you play TNM too much.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Re: Can you play too much TNM?

Post by chris the cynic »

I would guess that if a work of fiction has not invaded your dreams it is in some way lacking.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

What are you talking about, I'm already immune to cancer!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bananaSkill
Thug

Post by bananaSkill »

good one =D>
Paul1290
NSF

Post by Paul1290 »

I had a dream where Jonas issued every PDX member some kind of "super aug". Once activated the user would automatically get every Deus Ex augmentation and unlimited bioelectric energy! Unfortunately the power of the aug was so great that the user could only survive for about 10 minutes after it was activated. Once you turn it on you had 10 minutes to do what you need to do with your incredible powers before the aug overloads and causes you to explode into a gory mess!

Forums City was attacked by wave upon wave of augmented zombie soldiers and when all seemed lost Andreus activated the aug and killed them all. When 10 minutes were almost up he ran at the last wave of zombie soldiers screaming in a heroic fashion before exploding and killing the last of them. Raving Nutter yelled "NOOOOOO!" like Darth Vader.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

I dunno about you guys but whenever i see a fire extinguisher in real life, i wanna steal it. Now, I loooooooovvveee fire extinguishers, i think they're just great, so you can see why this is a problem for me.

Also, i had a dream a few days back that Zero Presence killed my family. I don't think i succeeded in even finding him in my dream let alone confronting him.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Scotch
NSF

Post by Scotch »

Now I want to whip out my dual pistols at Dillard's... damn evil clothing industries
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

Post by Arnaud G. Vasquez »

This has become a dream topic? (Since it's obvious that one can never play too much TNM...)

I had a dream last night that Kylie cut off my (the actual me, not Trestkon) legs and I fell through the floor in Sol's, only to end up in...a swimming pool. Yeah. Then I got eaten by piranhas. o.o That dirty wench is gonna die next DTS I pick up.
I'm pretty confident in everything from the neck up.
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

I just finished TNM for the first time 5 minutes ago - and it is taking all my willpower not to start over again before patch 1.02 comes out.
I don't know what to say - I was not expecting a game of this caliber when I downloaded it. But from start to finish TNM was an enjoyable experience - the story in particular which was as intriguing & dynamic as the original DX.

I can't wait to start over and see how things play out working for WC.
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

On the dreams:

Was in a zoo, the lions escaped, so it was evacuated. Ended up in a TNM'esque enviroment. Got the DX UI and all.
Decided to check the surroundings, it was all dark and all. There were some weird chairs and a white block. When coming close it was apparently the newest movie from OTP, a parody that was totally unfunny (sry, guys).
However the light of the movie made the enviroment light up some more, and I discovered a burned up McDonalds. Going there I found a hatch in the floor, INF lockpick strength, 238% door strength. Sword worked to bring that down, btw :lol:.
It was open, thus it really didn't matter. Below it was another door. INF/"Goal Updated". WTF?
So I clicked that door...
SAVING
I hear one of the TNM Actors (cannot remember who, sorry) tell me congrats on finding the area, while some of Vampire:Bloodlines' NPC's fight each other to their final death. I sneak past them and found a scene of yet another game (forgotten which one, sry again).
Then the firealarm went off (IRL) and I woke up :(.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Andy.G
Thug

Post by Andy.G »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Then the firealarm went off (IRL) and I woke up :(.
Well there's something that doesn't happen every day. (or does it?)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Going there I found a hatch in the floor, INF lockpick strength, 238% door strength. Sword worked to bring that down, btw :lol:.
It was open, thus it really didn't matter. Below it was another door. INF/"Goal Updated". WTF?
Both of these bugs have been fixed for the next version of your dream. Thanks for reporting ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Andy.G wrote:Well there's something that doesn't happen every day. (or does it?)
Well, everyday... no. But it isn't too uncommon. I usually ignore the damn thing, so I probably burn up whenever there is a real fire...
Jonas wrote:Both of these bugs have been fixed for the next version of your dream. Thanks for reporting ;)
Damnit. Does this mean I have to spend a whole night watching that long blue bar filling up? :(
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

How is that patch downloaded?

-

If we're going to go on about dreams, last night the second or third floor of Phas' apartment building was closed because, apparently, when Aemer moved in (don't know what was wrong with his old apartment) it was magically transported to the World Corp sublevel that doesn't exist, which had some strange goings on itself, although possibly the strangest was that they were entirely unphased by an apartment suddenly appearing in their midst.

That the apartment in question was the headquarters for the resistance (what resistance? they didn't say, but they seemed to be on bad terms with World Corp based on them hiding when WC commandos came by) wasn't much stranger than the apartment's placement.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

chris the cynic wrote:That the apartment in question was the headquarters for the resistance (what resistance? they didn't say, but they seemed to be on bad terms with World Corp based on them hiding when WC commandos came by) wasn't much stranger than the apartment's placement.
Sounds like you dreamt a sequel to one of the WorldCorp endings...
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine