I just would like to...

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
NewMilenium
Mole Person

I just would like to...

Post by NewMilenium »

... say thank you.
Thanks for this awesome game, it's not simply a mod, it's sort of a second Deus Ex. That's 1 week or 2 i'm playing it (it stole me 2 nights where i couldn't sleep, just wanted to play TNM), browsing that forum too, i'm currently playing for the second time, first for Kashue, now for that yellow ugly face.
Thank you for giving me/us so much fun, you did an awesome job.

(sorry for bad english - i saw some people care a lot about grammar here)
(lol @ Tresnot and Trescock, by the way)
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: I just would like to...

Post by Kee715 »

Hello and welcome to the forum! If you do not mind jokes and randomness then this is a great forum to hang around, just watch out for OiNutter, he acts a bit... crazy.
NewMilenium wrote:(sorry for bad english - i saw some people care a lot about grammar here)
Indeed some do, I am one of them. :mrgreen:
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

NewMilenium wrote:... say thank you.
Thanks for this awesome game, it's not simply a mod, it's sort of a second Deus Ex. That's 1 week or 2 i'm playing it (it stole me 2 nights where i couldn't sleep, just wanted to play TNM), browsing that forum too, i'm currently playing for the second time, first for Kashue, now for that yellow ugly face.
Thank you for giving me/us so much fun, you did an awesome job.

(sorry for bad english - i saw some people care a lot about grammar here)
(lol @ Tresnot and Trescock, by the way)
Thanks for the stopping by, NM! We appreciate the kind words :D

Oh, and don't worry abour your grammar, we understand that English isn't everyone's first language :)

-Trescone
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Trasktin is correct, we realize that not all are English experts, so we do not act as grammar Nazis. :mrgreen:
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Kee715 wrote:Trasktin is correct, we realize that not all are English experts, so we do not act as grammar Nazis. :mrgreen:
Even though, deep inside, we all are.
Welcome to the Forum.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Hence why I stated that we do not act as such.
NewMilenium wrote:now for that yellow ugly face.
Scara B. King.
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

Handsome B. Wonderful.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Morti wrote:Handsome B. Wonderful.
hahah!What are the three most difficult languages i know.....English.Join in the fun NM they are really nice people here.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Kman
Thug

Post by Kman »

Welcome to the forums!

I agree, TNM is really (In my mind) a spiritual successor to Deus Ex. I also believe Trescock is a great Protagonist if I may say so myself.

Sorry, I had to Trestkon.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."
NewMilenium
Mole Person

Post by NewMilenium »

Well, at first, i was a bit scared by that registering anti-bot system, where my IP was possibly going to get banned if i answered badly...
Thank you for answers - nice to see that forum, after so many years, is still alive.
Yes, Tresnot has really good dialogues. Swearing to the poor bum was so evil...

I've not yet played TNM very deep, i must test things like playing in PDX and not killing any WC guy (in both sides, i quite... just... kill everybody :D - i laughed for 10 minutes first time i killed Scara, at next scene), or working for Goats (like lots of you said... amazing soundtrack, great job!).

This afternoon, i'm going to show TNM to a friend... i'll let him hear Scara PM just when i get firestaff. Epic work again here.

I'll ask some questions to you all too, like, true stories you actually told into TNM. I believe names & so on all come from "real" nicknames you are using, right? Trestcoon, Jonas...
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Most of the names are from real forum members, yes. That's basically as far as it goes, though. The characters in-game don't really act much like their real world counterparts...except maybe Jonas :p
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

:cry:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Trestkon wrote:Most of the names are from real forum members, yes. That's basically as far as it goes, though. The characters in-game don't really act much like their real world counterparts
That, to me, is why it is so incomprehensible that people think they needed to be on the PDX forum to understand TNM. "These character's are named after people I have never met, therefore I cannot possibly enjoy it." Insanity.

Did you know that with the exception of Dwayne (played by Michael Biehn), and S. Gorman (played by William Hope) every marine in Aliens was (in part) named after the actor playing the marine? I don't see the internet flooded with complaints that Aliens is inaccessible and impossible to be interested in unless you've met those actors.

Characters get named after real people all the time, I have no idea why in this one case so many assume that you need to know the person the character is named after to understand the character.
OmarTrader
Mole Person

Post by OmarTrader »

I'd just like to say thanks as well, this is the most professional and replayable mod i've ever enjoyed.
The writing, music, textures, maps, models, everything is all top notch, i can't say a bad word about any of it.
And it has some truly laugh out loud moments, the most recent is working for WC and outsmarting Ghand, the timing made me choke on my drink :lol:.
As soon as the OST comes out i'm buying that and the DVD to put next to my Deus Ex CD, they belong together.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

I love threads like this, it's so nice to know that all the hard work that so many people put into TNM paid off in such a big way. And it's great motivation for mind numbing 1.0.3 patch compilation :D