ALLIED_WC Mission 22 Bugs - For Jonasman

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

ALLIED_WC Mission 22 Bugs - For Jonasman

Post by Trestkon »

I decided to post this list hear, as most of the bugs are small little things that likely won't take long to fix, and I'd rather not clutter the bug tracker. There are a couple that I'll mirror on the tracker as well, though. I'll star those ones.

-In the slums, I climbed on the nearest roof after loading the map and found a PDX sniper who looked real snazzy in his crouched position, but he didn't seem hostile to me, and didn't move at all

*-If you die, and then quickload, it loads your game, and THEN asks you if you want to QL, even though you already have

-The Firestaff seems not to have any sounds

-There's a Chopper the slums, but frobing it does nothing, and I'm not sure why it's there

-I walked into the Slums subway expecting Fender to start up a convo about the hostages. Instead, I was able to walk right up to his barricade and then he turned hostile and started shooting. Sadly, I had to eliminate him and the hostages :-(

-That Guy tells you that you can restore power by finding the maintenance tunnel to the east of your position. This is largly confusing as when I got that message I was facing west, and when you exit the subway you are facing south-east (about). In fact, I believe the entrance was actually to the north-east if you are facing out from the subway stairs. This should probably be clarified a bit.

-When I multi-tooled the power box in the metro station, nothing happened. The 'Offline' light stayed the same, and I didn't receive any notification that power had been restored. I suggest that the light should change to 'Online' (as it's probably supposed to), there should be a sound effect, and possibly TG should infolink you.

-I seemed to have access to the voodoo shop, dispite having never completed that mission (btw, it's awesome to walk in there and see the different city sectors. I think the way you handled the loading for that is perfect!)

*-The ATMs still list the banking system as 'PageNet Global Banking System' at the top of the window

-I love the guards standing in formation outside WC :)

-I think it should be explained why you can't go to floors two and three in WC. Currently the floors just BEEP when you click them. If it's because you don't have clearance, it should say so.

-The alarms go off in Scara's office. Nobody was hostile to me, but they started running around looking scared :p

-Scara convo -> "in orbit of the planet" should be "in orbit around the planet"

-Scara convo -> "eventually hopefully the WORLD" sound better as "eventually the WORLD"

-I found the entire Scara convo to be really, really, really long. I think it should be cut down by at least 30%. That might just be me, though.

-Kylie convo -> Trest, I...Let's take this discussion..." should be "Trest, I...Let's have this discussion..."

-You can actually frob the secret keypad in the WC elevator through the cover

-When you enter the code in the secret keypad, nothing happens, the elevator does not take you to the sublevel

-I used legend to load the sublevel and searched ZP's office. There didn't seem to be any clues as to where he might be, even though Kylie said there would be?

That's all I have time for tonight, as I must sleep. However, it seems that everything is coming together very nicely, it's to be expected that we'd have a plethora of small little bugs like this. Props to Jonas and zee coders for bolting this all together :D

I heard it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I might be off work early. Even if I'm not, I don't have anything planned for tomorrow night.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: ALLIED_WC Mission 22 Bugs - For Jonasman

Post by Jonas »

Trestkon wrote:-In the slums, I climbed on the nearest roof after loading the map and found a PDX sniper who looked real snazzy in his crouched position, but he didn't seem hostile to me, and didn't move at all
Fixed.
*-If you die, and then quickload, it loads your game, and THEN asks you if you want to QL, even though you already have
That's Shane's. I'll add that sometimes if I say yes to the prompt, my game crashes.
-The Firestaff seems not to have any sounds
Actually it seems only to be missing its fire sound. I checked the class, and it looks okay, so I don't know why it doesn't play its fire sound. Again, this is Shane's.
-There's a Chopper the slums, but frobing it does nothing, and I'm not sure why it's there
How did you get up to it...? It's the means by which you leave Forum City when M22 is done, but you're not supposed to be able to reach it yet.
-I walked into the Slums subway expecting Fender to start up a convo about the hostages. Instead, I was able to walk right up to his barricade and then he turned hostile and started shooting. Sadly, I had to eliminate him and the hostages :-(
There's actually a bug here that Shane needs to take care of concerning the weaponsensetrigger. I'll put it in the tracker.
-That Guy tells you that you can restore power by finding the maintenance tunnel to the east of your position. This is largly confusing as when I got that message I was facing west, and when you exit the subway you are facing south-east (about). In fact, I believe the entrance was actually to the north-east if you are facing out from the subway stairs. This should probably be clarified a bit.
This stems from a lack of understanding of how degrees are defined in Unreal. I have no fixed the TrueNorth value of the Slums' DXLevelInfo.
-When I multi-tooled the power box in the metro station, nothing happened. The 'Offline' light stayed the same, and I didn't receive any notification that power had been restored. I suggest that the light should change to 'Online' (as it's probably supposed to), there should be a sound effect, and possibly TG should infolink you.
I've now added a sound effect and fixed the bug that prevented the sign from changing. However, I can't get the datalinktrigger to work for some reason. I'm probably gonna need help with that :?
I seemed to have access to the voodoo shop, dispite having never completed that mission (btw, it's awesome to walk in there and see the different city sectors. I think the way you handled the loading for that is perfect!)
Thanks, it did take some time to set up :)

This actually works perfectly in M20, I just need Shane's help to implement the same system in M22.
*-The ATMs still list the banking system as 'PageNet Global Banking System' at the top of the window
Ah yes, I brought this up with Nick once, but I think it was forgotten again. Good that you added it to the tracker, hopefully he'll handle it when he's home.
I love the guards standing in formation outside WC :)
Fixed. Hey, wait! That's no bug! You cheater ;)
I think it should be explained why you can't go to floors two and three in WC. Currently the floors just BEEP when you click them. If it's because you don't have clearance, it should say so.
It is explained, you fewsal! Talk to Scara about it :D

I see your point though, there should be a message when you click the button. It's now added.
The alarms go off in Scara's office. Nobody was hostile to me, but they started running around looking scared :p
Eeep when I tested it the turrets came down from the ceiling and perforated me. This is a scripting thing, because the cameras are set to bNoAlarm=True in the level. Unhappily I can't find this myself, so it's Shane's job.
Scara convo -> "in orbit of the planet" should be "in orbit around the planet"
Thanks! Fixed.
Scara convo -> "eventually hopefully the WORLD" sound better as "eventually the WORLD"
I agree - fixed.
I found the entire Scara convo to be really, really, really long. I think it should be cut down by at least 30%. That might just be me, though.
No I absolutely agree. I'll give it the same treatment I gave the Kashue briefing.
Kylie convo -> Trest, I...Let's take this discussion..." should be "Trest, I...Let's have this discussion..."
Fixed.
You can actually frob the secret keypad in the WC elevator through the cover
Grrr I know. I'm not sure what to do about it.
When you enter the code in the secret keypad, nothing happens, the elevator does not take you to the sublevel
Turns out I'd set the keypad to ToggleLock in M22. Fixed.
I used legend to load the sublevel and searched ZP's office. There didn't seem to be any clues as to where he might be, even though Kylie said there would be?
Whoops, forgot to place the datacube there. Fixed.

Thanks for your testing, Larry! With Shane's help we should be able to kill most of these bugs today or tomorrow.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

More bugses!

-I noticed that when you agree to help Fendy, they just magically disappear (along with all their TNT) once you hack the panel. I think they should leave the TNT, and send you a PM explaining that they're leaving

-I can still hack that keypad and walk up to the chopper in the slums

-You actually don't have to diffuse the hostage situation to get out of the slums. I took the subway to DT and then to the Corporate sector. Do we want that? Also, non of the firewalls in DT were hostile to me. Lastly, I got a PM telling me that I'd disposed of the man who blew up Sol's Bar when I got into DT?

-More of a feature request, really: I think there should be signs on the wall above the subway ticket machine that tell you which side leads where, just so you don't have to walk down and look around for a sign. Plus, it'd be more realistic

-I'm still having the problem of Scara and all his equipment going hostile. Maybe I just didn't get that fix?

-Scara says that my reward is 1000 credits and everything in his firestaff safe...where is that?

-When I visit the sublevel to search for ZP clues I seem to be missing all the That Guy infolinks. Also, why is everyone down there hostile to me? I didn't expect them to be, since I work for Scara.

-In the ZP clue datacube I suggest changing "during the night time" to just "during the night"

-It may be difficult to: A) Locate Kevo, who I just found by luck, really B) Find the interrogation room (really, really hard to locate. You'd think Scara would give you better directions).

-You can continually frob the door to the interrogation room, causing AJ to play his convo and the doors to open/close

-I didn't get AJ's introduction overheard convo until I left the room and walked back in

-AJ tells you to leave so he can work his magic...but when exactly does he do the magic? I left and nothing happened, so I couldn't continue :-p

Good job cutting down Scara's convo, btw :) It might still be a little long, but let's wait until Kale and Gelo try it before trying to cut it down any more.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm at work so I can't fix anything right now, but I can reply to a few of these:
Trestkon wrote:-I noticed that when you agree to help Fendy, they just magically disappear (along with all their TNT) once you hack the panel. I think they should leave the TNT, and send you a PM explaining that they're leaving
Alright, that's easy enough to do.
You actually don't have to diffuse the hostage situation to get out of the slums. I took the subway to DT and then to the Corporate sector. Do we want that? Also, non of the firewalls in DT were hostile to me. Lastly, I got a PM telling me that I'd disposed of the man who blew up Sol's Bar when I got into DT?
You mean after you've reactivated the subway, right? If not, there's an issue with the flag triggers I have to resolve. If so, do you have any ideas for changing it?
More of a feature request, really: I think there should be signs on the wall above the subway ticket machine that tell you which side leads where, just so you don't have to walk down and look around for a sign. Plus, it'd be more realistic
A good enough idea, but we don't have any graphics artists to draw the arrow texture :?
I'm still having the problem of Scara and all his equipment going hostile. Maybe I just didn't get that fix?
Yeah you're missing the fixed script.
Scara says that my reward is 1000 credits and everything in his firestaff safe...where is that?
You mean his fireplace safe. Turn the left ornament knob to open it. You'll probably need a key you get in M20, but you can just use opensesame.
When I visit the sublevel to search for ZP clues I seem to be missing all the That Guy infolinks. Also, why is everyone down there hostile to me? I didn't expect them to be, since I work for Scara.
You don't have 7D clearance, which is required for the sublevel, and you'll never get it in the mod. The first PM from That Guy would've informed you of this. Could you check the map in the editor and see if the datalink triggers are there? I remember adding them recently because for some reason I'd never got around to doing that, so you may not have the updated map. I'm fairly certain it's on the FTP, but if you wait I'll upload when I get home, and it'll have the keypad fix too :)
It may be difficult to: A) Locate Kevo, who I just found by luck, really B) Find the interrogation room (really, really hard to locate. You'd think Scara would give you better directions).
Okay I'll have a look at the directions TRM and Scara dispense, respectively.
AJ tells you to leave so he can work his magic...but when exactly does he do the magic? I left and nothing happened, so I couldn't continue :-p
Hmm this may or may not have been implemented that, I gotta look at that.

I'll fix the rest when I get off work. Good job testing 8)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine