April Fools Prank

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

April Fools Prank

Post by Trestkon »

Just thought I'd make this so we don't forget...like we usually do:p

I believe we decided earlier that our prank would be that we're porting TNM to the X-Box (or Xbox 360). We'll come up with some semi-believable way that we're doing it, and produce some screenshots with a crappy looking HUD. We had an MSN convo a while ago where we came up with some 'features' that the X-Box version would have, we'll dig those up.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I dunno... Might get some people's hopes up?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hah, I think not. It's so unrealistic, if they really get fooled by it, they deserve the disappointment.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

Why not make the April Fool's joke that we are going to translate the mod into 5 different languages, WITH full voice acting for each language. This may delay the mod for another 1.5 years or so, but we think it's worth the effort for all our international fans out there. Oh, and there will only be one download featuring all the voice clips...maybe about a gig or so. :-P

Then we could record some clips in Danish, etc... as "examples" of what we're planning to do.

-Gelo
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

lol
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Nice one, Grub:) I think I want to go a little wackier, though.

My new thought is to just make it so odd that everyone will know it's fake, allowing use to make it as funny as possible.

ex: Say TNM was too complicated, so we're "streamlining" the game an turning it into a side scroller (use a pic of the platform game) and graft on a huge new "user friendly" HUD and say your goal it now to collect Radishes (which we can insert in the screenshot, much like coins in Mario). We could also have a whole list of new "features" that we've included to "streamline" gameplay.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis