Public Progress Meter

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Public Progress Meter

Post by DaveW »

Thanks, once again, to EER for being awesome and making this for us!

Public Progress Meter

As said before there's still textures missing from packages and specifically Cyber still hasn't added his (lazy bastard), so it's not quite accurate.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

as I said. Once the NYCBar is finnished. I'll upload them.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

That's no excuse! lol, I love how you guys don't use IM etc and just use the forums, it's really cool to see. Keep at it :)

I like the focus on coretex packages. It only says 6%, but a couple are done, and a few are close. The Coretexwood one has a lot of potential I think to improve the game's appearance; wood has intricate detail that could make a lot of things look startlingly realistic. I thought UNATCO would help a lot since the player is there often, but damn that's a lot of textures for one area made of concrete.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

We do use the IM quite a bit actually. But this is social ranting so it really doesn't matter :D I've done the work, I just need to finalize what I am doing before I can upload it (Because there are a few textures that need some touching up)

Snipa just wants to show off :P I'm fine with that but right now is not a good time. When I get the last textures fixed up I'll upload them in one big lot, and then we might get some screenshots happening of NYCBar :D
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

It's not for showing off for christ's sake, it's just that at the moment the indicator is completely off because you haven't uploaded any. Finalize textures as you do them, don't wait until you've "done them all". There's no point whatosever.
Zeitgeist
UNATCO

Post by Zeitgeist »

Wow, tht CoreTexEarth should look nice.
CryptoQuick
Thug

Post by CryptoQuick »

SnipaMasta wrote:It's not for showing off for christ's sake, it's just that at the moment the indicator is completely off because you haven't uploaded any. Finalize textures as you do them, don't wait until you've "done them all". There's no point whatosever.
To take a quote from Linus Torvalds-- Release often, release early.

This is important for the opensource community so that development moves swiftly and doesn't stagnate, and also so that you can get better feedback and involvement from your community.
ewanlaing
NSF

Post by ewanlaing »

yeah, i hope you guys decide to release packs rather than wait before releasing everything as a whole.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Well Hong Kong will be the first, there's still a lot of textures to do on that yet!
eternalightwithin
NSF

And how is Mr Cyber doing?

Post by eternalightwithin »

I noticed another 8 textures done on the progress bar. I assume they were snipa's contribution. How's NYC coming Cyber?

Etlight
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Actually, those were Cyber. :)
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

More are coming, I haven't uploaded them yet because I think they can be done a little better before I go ahead with NYC. (Most notably the wood walls).

NYC is the next stop once I make the quality a bit better.
eternalightwithin
NSF

why?

Post by eternalightwithin »

Why does the progress bar keep moving back and forth between 751 and 756 textures done?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

It does? I haven't noticed it doing that...weird.
EER
Illuminati

Re: why?

Post by EER »

eternalightwithin wrote:Why does the progress bar keep moving back and forth between 751 and 756 textures done?
It shouldn't, actually. The way the thing works is that it counts all uploaded items in the upload/done folder and shows that count compared to the upload/originals folder.

So unless someone is deleting and undeleting 5 textures every now and then, it shouldn't matter. Unless I've made a bug somewhere, but obviously that's impossible :P
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!