New vision public release #2?

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

ThijsH
Mole Person

New vision public release #2?

Post by ThijsH »

Hi all,

As a result of more and more media being released about dx3, I've been watching closely :p, I'm starting to get really hyped about it. This also brings back memories of what, in my opinion, is the one of the best games ever made, deus ex. I really want to replay deus ex again but I want it to be as awesome as possibly can with hdtp and new vision packages. How far is NV in completion atm?

Dave, I'm truly impressed by the work you have done for this project and I have great respect for you :P. I imagine you wouldn't have the time, patience and motivation to continue on the project after so many years. If you don't feel like completing NV completely, how about releasing a public beta 2? I'm not very good in animation so I cannot help with hdtp progress but I feel Dave especially needs some help, seeing as he has pretty much been solo in doing this project. I'm offering to contribute to the progress by doing a few textures, if you want. Also, if money is an obstacle I, and probably other fans too, can contribute in monitairy donations.

Anyway, I hope Dave and the hdtp crew is gonna release SOMETHING (at least public betas) before the new deus ex arrives so we can all get ready and hyped by playing the original deus ex.

Cheers
PKodon
Thug

Re: New vision public release #2?

Post by PKodon »

I have been watching ModDB for a while now, and last spring had read some threads that sounded like both HDTP and New Vision were no longer being worked on. If I am wrong, I would like to know, as they both sound like great projects for a great game.

Now, after having read the initial post in this thread, I have a few questions:

1> Is it possible to have what's currently available of both projects installed at the same time?

2> If so, is there a preferred install (or load) order? (This would be important in cases where textures from one mod overwrite textures from the other.)

3> Just how much overlap is there between these two projects (are there any textures that are in one, but not in the other, are textures from one project better than from the other)?

Any information on these two projects would be greatly appreciated.
"I knew it, they finally managed to send me to FUBAR, where some idiot brought a spork to a gunfight." - Cutter Slade, stuck in TNM
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

HDTP affects characters and objects, while New Vision affects terrain. They do not overlap.

Both can be installed at the same time (though IIRC the New Vision release has visible bugs such as an ugly black square around the UNATCO logo). I don't think the install order matters.
PV
Thug

Post by PV »

I would like a second beta aswell!
Just take some time and release whatever's there, if such a thing is possible
There's no shame in it not bieng finished.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Guys, the forum reports DaveW logging in last on the 17th of August 8-[ ... Over four months ago!

Your pleas are unheard. Unfortunately... :/
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Salk wrote:Guys, the forum reports DaveW logging in last on the 17th of August 8-[ ... Over four months ago!

Did you actually read his last post?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10513&p=83256#p83256
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

nerdenstein wrote:
Salk wrote:Guys, the forum reports DaveW logging in last on the 17th of August 8-[ ... Over four months ago!

Did you actually read his last post?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10513&p=83256#p83256
Of course I read it! And more than once.

What's your point? :-s
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I think Nerdenstein believed Salk hadn't read the post, since it implies SnipaMasta will be absent for a while. Info from Salk's post reinforces that. Of course, both together evidence that DaveW is busy in his life, and hasn't had a chance to log in for months.

Deus Ex looks like ass. We're all excited for final releases of the graphics upgrade packages :-)
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

You sounded shocked at the fact that Dave hadn't logged on in so long that I wanted to give you his reasons for recent slow progress and inactivity.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.