Any TNM map requests?

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Any TNM map requests?

Post by Jonas »

Considering what a small difference it would make in the file size if you include those textures, yes: please do ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote:I actually..uh..made HDTP versions of the sodacan and beer bottle additional textures

I was reluctant to include them in HDTP because A)vanilla DX doesn't even use the extra can/bottle texes anyway, and B)I'm not really a texture artist
Since A) Zodiac and TNM uses them (rather extensively), that was kind of my concern, but yes B) is more my thing too. I've found that I'm about a A- coder and a D+ graphic artist, which is why I never pushed my resizes much. Even just running the old graphics through the new mesh helped tremendously, and I'm for anything that makes it look better. And if it's just that improvement, it is better than none at all.

But kinda hard to want to put your drawing work up against how well some of the others turned out. Funny how those things work sometimes.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Problem with zodiac is that Zap is actually another class (in zodiac.u), so even though it would inherit the mesh from the HDTP version of deusex.u, it explicitly names the original zap texture in the defprops...

Although..actually there is a terribly ugly ugly way I could fix that too... :-/ Maybe.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote:Problem with zodiac is that Zap is actually another class (in zodiac.u), so even though it would inherit the mesh from the HDTP version of deusex.u, it explicitly names the original zap texture in the defprops...
Yeah that's likely true, especially since Zodiac differentiates between the two, especially in one particular mission (starting at 1:39). My specific thought in bringing up the soda cans was more TNM with all the kinds on the shelf together and seeing the HDTP Nuke cans next to the others (given the original topic of this post).

But I brought up Zodiac because I knew it used the Zap cans, too. Just wasn't sure how it was used, though.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Shifter randomizes the Soda cans and such too. I would keep them in DDL, even if they're not in Vanilla Deus Ex by default, mods use them too. High quality 'Burn' and 'Zap' would be pretty awesome... ;)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Well, this is kinda how they look right now (the super45 liquor40oz on the far left is the default HDTP one, I guess I just UVmapped mine to have the logo/text on opposite sides...-I can fix that, too).
Skinz.jpg
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

They look awesome! Keep them in! :D
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

does this mean that the meshes for the soda cans will work in Shifter too?
DDL

Post by DDL »

That'd be up to Yuki, most likely.

I'll import them into HDTP anyway, then...and make sodacans check after beginning play whether they have any of the other (non-standard) skins, and get them to switch to the HDTP ones. That should sort out Zodiac, and (depending on how they did it) TNM.

:)

Hah, and it turns out the liquor40oz already had all the skinswap info in it anyway, so that should be a breeze.

Aaand...done.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

IIRC I just changed the multiskins of the placed cans individually :-/
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DDL

Post by DDL »

Jonas: Check secrit HDTP forumzes. :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Saw, after posting :)

Would you like me to look at those textures when I get home? I'm shit compared to Dave, obviously, but I've done decent 3D textures before.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

PlausibleSarge wrote:
DDL wrote:I actually..uh..made HDTP versions of the sodacan and beer bottle additional textures, just for my own stuff (QE has randomised bottle textures and shit, because I was bored).

I was reluctant to include them in HDTP because A)vanilla DX doesn't even use the extra can/bottle texes anyway, and B)I'm not really a texture artist (at all, in any shape or form, ever...seriously, I can send Dave a texture I've made, and in the time it takes me to go to the fridge and get another beer he's already made a version of it that makes mine look like a 4-bit jpeg compression artefact).

But I can probably give them to Jonas if he wants. :-/
Maybe you could release a TNM "addon" for HDTP which contains the additional textures and models, to reduce the size of the original mod, and so that they dont have to live up to the expectations oif the original mod
Wouldn't that be just textures? There isn't additional models as far as I know unless you mean models from TNM.
nerdenstein wrote:They look awesome! Keep them in! :D
Seconded, great stuff :D
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus