Beta

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Beta

Post by DaveW »

This beta release is only suitable for people who are about to start a playthrough; if you're not, it's probably better to wait until next week and download the full mod then.

Beta download

Known issues

-One of the screen textures is missing (the medical screen with a human figure)
-There's still a typo on the computers in the cargo container at UNATCO HQ - considering how minor it is, I can't be bothered to fix it
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Beta

Post by nerdenstein »

What's new? :mrgreen:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

From what I remember, a lot (or even the majority) of the Area 51 textures hadn't been remade (at least), and now they seem to be. And looking as great as the rest. Great work!
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Kinda - the animated textures are new, and I remade the high res texture for the walls; the old ones were very plain, which didn't work given how they're used in the levels.

Other than that, there's a few minor fixes to textures and some new ones. It's not a significant jump like last time, but a lot of textures look better.
fantsu
UNATCO

Post by fantsu »

I have waited for so long, that I CAN wait one more week.
8)

Gotta tell my friends also that it is finally coming. Probably bunch of them wants to download it too.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
:(
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
pl1982
Thug

Post by pl1982 »

nerdenstein wrote:
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
:(
:lol: Shows its popular! Can't wait for the final release DaveW! So close! Thanks again for all your efforts; it is truly appreciated.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Aye, I was kind of expecting that though. Couldn't think of anywhere better to dump the file, though.

I think everything's sorted out on the texture side now.

As that last image shows, I'm playing fast-and-loose with the original posts and billboards. I don't have the drawing ability to match the originals, and I think it's better to have something there than the old, low-res texture.

bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I dunno about other parts of the world but here billboards, the reachable ones at least, are likely to have anything pasted, graffitied, or magic marker-ified over the original ad/message. In short, continue your wonderful work, I don't think anyone will be up in arms about the billboards. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
fantsu
UNATCO

Post by fantsu »

Will you decide official release date some day soon?
Would be easier for me to start arranging release-parties?
:mrgreen:
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

The release date is the minute I get the installer working. I've posted on ModDB so hopefully someone there will have knowledge with NSIS and help out.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Decided to do this instead of the ZODIAC run. I noticed some maps in the file when I downloaded it. What changes are in those? I went ahead and set things up to use them before I started my playthrough. Are these officially part of New Vision? I'm considering whether I should update the loader to support a NV maps path or not?

I don't know what textures are done or not done (the ones I remember that are different from the last set are fantastic). That said, I noticed a few signs around New York which weren't updated and I noticed this in the screen shot. Looks old. Not updated or done and the game isn't picking it up?
Attachments
New Vision.  Should the pillars be in a NV texture or not?
New Vision. Should the pillars be in a NV texture or not?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DaveW wrote:Known issues
And it's still Manderly on the office name plate. Though it probably could be considered to be minor. I recall another typo mentioned once upon a time at Castle Clinton. I'll have to go back and look to see if it is still there.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Yes, New Vision will come with updated maps. They're the 'newer' version of the maps found here, along with NV-specific updates (a few texture alignment issues fixed, and as many annoying flickering lights removed as I can find)

That texture wasn't done. I have done it since, though, along with the rest of the billboards.

ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DaveW wrote:Yes, New Vision will come with updated maps.

That texture wasn't done. I have done it since, though, along with the rest of the billboards.
OK great! I'm at the HK Helibase now. No more real significant problems and no typo on the Castle Clinton monument plate. A couple of random monitors or whatever just have what look like a bubble texture over it, too. I don't know if that's a specific problem or another weird one like Paul and the chair. Can grab a screenshot if you think it helps (didn't think to earlier).

Edit: Random Bubble Texture #1 was the human animation. Random Bubble Texture #2 was a TV in Burden of 80 Proof. Screenshot below:
Attachments
A TV in Burden of 80 Proof (good comparison shot of NV+HDTP compared to vanilla DX otherwise)
A TV in Burden of 80 Proof (good comparison shot of NV+HDTP compared to vanilla DX otherwise)