Getting ready for the big release!

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Getting ready for the big release!

Post by DaveW »

Oh yeah, New Vision goodness should only be a few days away. 7, to be precise. The aimed release for the first beta of New Vision since the disastrous first release almost 2 years ago now, is just a week away.

Friday the 27th of March.

The project was first show on the 11th of March 2007, we're 2 years down the line and I've learnt so much about texturing, and the Unreal engine (and how infuriating it is). But, after many false starts, many "Dammit I'm fed up of working on this" moments, we're here. It ain't complete, and maybe it never will be - but dammit I'm going to do the best I can to release this as complete and brilliant as I can make it.

View the basic website I've set up here. I'd like to thank the people who have helped me assembling packages, they will of course be credited when the mod is released but right now, a big personal thank you. You all rock majorly.

Long live Deus Ex :)
Ishindri
NSF

Re: Getting ready for the big release!

Post by Ishindri »

You've had to endure much, DaveW, but soon there will be order again. A new age. Aquinas spoke of the high resolution city on the hill, soon that city will be a reality and you will be crowned its king. Or, better than king... god!

I'm so sorry. I just have an unholy love affair with that intro cinematic. Also congratulations and so forth.
All is well. We are not like the others.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Um, the guys in the intro didn't exactly succeed.

-

Good work DaveW.
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

Chris, I'm sure if you'd take the time to critically examine the facts (Such as the Alex D hologram). You'd realize that it's just all part of the conspiracy. Helios was under the control of the raelians which are really under the control of scientology which are really under the control of MJ12 and Page faked his own death. (Obvious from the lack of a body found) Can you explain the white flashes on the world trade towers far below where the planes hit? Yea I didn't think so. Conspiracy.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Woo! Exciting stuff :mrgreen:
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Jcelios wrote:Conspiracy.
I just noticed, "conspiracy" is spelled "cons-piracy."

And that is a conspiracy in itself....

^And that is a paradox.

^And that was confusing.

^And that was true.

^But truth becomes a conspiracy.

^And conspiracy is spelled cons-piracy.

^And... Crapple, it is a vicious circle, you find something weird/funny/not related to anything about a word and then it is obviously a conspiracy somehow, but then it is a paradox, and then...

****!

*Rat brains explode*

POCKETS!!!! I HAVE POCKETS!!!

/insanity

/Ghand

:lol:

(Just to be sure, has everyone here read "Got Ghand?" over at PDX? I almost urinated in my pants several times when I first read it, and the second time, and the third time, and that was a conspiracy, and... ****!)

:lol:
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

In one of my nostalgic moments I began reading it, good stuff :)
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Excellent news Dave! Has it really been two years? :shock:
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
eternalightwithin
NSF

Post by eternalightwithin »

DaveW wrote:Oh yeah, New Vision goodness should only be a few days away. 7, to be precise. The aimed release for the first beta of New Vision since the disastrous first release almost 2 years ago now, is just a week away.

Friday the 27th of March.

The project was first show on the 11th of March 2007, we're 2 years down the line and I've learnt so much about texturing, and the Unreal engine (and how infuriating it is). But, after many false starts, many "Dammit I'm fed up of working on this" moments, we're here. It ain't complete, and maybe it never will be - but dammit I'm going to do the best I can to release this as complete and brilliant as I can make it.

View the basic website I've set up here. I'd like to thank the people who have helped me assembling packages, they will of course be credited when the mod is released but right now, a big personal thank you. You all rock majorly.

Long live Deus Ex :)
It's alive ALIIIIIIVE! Yes Dave! I knew you wouldn't let us dow.... 2 years ago?!?! :/ :/ I feel old.... Is it ok to feel old at 30? Just GOD DAMN!
I'm reading Genesis at the moment. Why can't I anjoy life like Methuseleuh. Methuselah, LOL spellcheck for the win! lol proper name spell check. :lol: =D> =D> O:)
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

eternalightwithin wrote:I feel old.... Is it ok to feel old at 30? Just GOD DAMN!
You are older than me and there are times I feel old.

Have you heard the music the young people listen to these days? And all this newfangled technology. Damn kids with their twitters and their tweets.
eternalightwithin
NSF

Post by eternalightwithin »

chris the cynic wrote:
eternalightwithin wrote:I feel old.... Is it ok to feel old at 30? Just GOD DAMN!
You are older than me and there are times I feel old.

Have you heard the music the young people listen to these days? And all this newfangled technology. Damn kids with their twitters and their tweets.
ahhh [-( , I'll keep my penis, thank you. :-^
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

EER wrote:Excellent news Dave! Has it really been two years? :shock:
Yeah..looking back at old posts and realising I was only 16 when posting some of that is quite shocking, now I'm going on 19..
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I look at stuff I posted when I was 24 and that's still shocking.

You're never too old to think the "younger you" was a bit of a douchebag, I guess.
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

Same feeling here, good ol' Doc.

[aww, fuck. NOW I feel old].
pretending to be absent
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »