Getting ready for the big release!

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

metche_steele
Illuminati

Re: Getting ready for the big release!

Post by metche_steele »

It works - it looks brilliant :)

As for pooling resources - I reckon once we all release our mods individually we should put out our work together in a single 'Deluxe' pack. I think i've touched on this subject before but hey.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Wow those all look great, especially New York!
But you're definitely right about the Unatco ones, far too dirty.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Would love to be able to package HDTP and NV with the TNM Mod Of The Year 2009 Edition next year ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

NV will up your size by about 1.4gb (that's the final size of the mod).

I spent all last night packaging it up but now I'm getting errors with some packages, certain maps won't load - coming up with errors. So - going to have to repackage it. Should still be on for Friday, though.
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

That would mean a better use of the DVD disc anyway :-)
pretending to be absent
mattr
Mole Person

Post by mattr »

Looks great!

I can't wait to play DX with this and HDTP together. Also, since I'm not usually much of a replayer (only done two full playthroughs of DX, despite my love for it), I might hold off my second TNM playthrough until they're both out.

I do agree that the UNATCO screenshot doesn't look quite right though; I don't think it's just the "grunginess" of the textures, but also their similarity in other ways (colour, brightness etc.) Anyway, I'll shut my yap now. It looks okay, and the other screenies look awesome.
eternalightwithin
NSF

Post by eternalightwithin »

I realize you are head underwater with the repackaging, but I was thinking the other day about the progress bar. What did you stop at? I dimly remember you responding to an earlier post of mine where you said it was 54%?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I think about 60-65% would be a good guess. I mean, how I'm storing textures it's impossible to tell now.
RealLeonWoods2045
Thug

Post by RealLeonWoods2045 »

Thank you so much for this. I have been waiting until greater technicolor to take down Bob Paige for another round in Deus Ex. I have tjree questions though:

I noticed the "Call to Community" board, and saw the packages. Some are titled as levels. Does this mean ALL enviroment in those levels are retextured, or that some PARTS inside enviroment are retextured. Example: Hell's Kitchen's buildings are all upgraded, including the bar. Or some of Hell's Kitchen's buildings are half upgraded, and the bar is not. I don't know the checklist of your beta, so I ask. I do love good surprises. I just want to make sure I am going to be a drooling dumb tourist in the right places.

Another question is while I expect this beta to cause a longer level load. Will it cause slower performance during gameplay, like how the Deus Ex Ultra High Quality mod does cause slower?

Last question is more of an anticipation of theoretical excitment. What will the New Vision beta be like with the Deus Ex Ultra High Quality Mod? Will the DEUHQ, when active, still give that bizzare but almost real look, or our we as players about to step into the fourth dimension like Homer went into the 3rd in the halloween episode?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

1st:
No, levels often use textures from other packages (commonly CoreTex___ packages), but each location often has many unique textures. So most of New York's textures are in it's package, but not all of them.

2nd:
The level load is increased somewhat, but not drastically.

3rd:
The 'Deus Ex Ultra High Quality Mod' seems to be ENBSeries, which will technically work but I'm not certain how well. Some textures look better, some look worse - it's a real mix. Given the grungey nature of a lot of my textures, I doubt the bump mapping will look good.
eternalightwithin
NSF

Sooo would you believe it Asia, it's FRIDAY already!?!?! :mrgreen:

Just kidding :mrgreen: ;)
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

This is going to be late Friday GMT :) I'm starting packaging it soon but I have a lecture in the morning, and I'm going shopping with my girlfriend after - so I'm not going to have too much time to do it. Not sure if I'll run into the same problems as before either..let's hope not.

Also, checked on the percentage - about 67.5% complete.
eternalightwithin
NSF

wtf? 67%?!? LOL, so much for "I have no motivation" "I haven't worked on it for a month or two now, etc.

I was having nightmares of ~50%.

So here's to you =D> :mrgreen:
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Excellent news here, DaveW!

I wish to congratulate you for this first Beta release.

I am sure that the input and feedback from the community will help you find further motivation for continuing down this road!

We are all very thankful for NV!

Keep it up! =D>
eternalightwithin
NSF

So Dave, schools out right?

I'm holding out for 75%? :mrgreen: