New Vision beta release - download inside!

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Re: New Vision beta release - download inside!

Post by DaveW »

Nameless Voice wrote:Just to confirm this, is everyone else getting that black border around the UNATCO logo shown in my screenshot, or did I set up the renderer improperly? I tried with both OpenGL and Direct3D9 and got the same result.

I noticed the same masking errors around the rough edges of the pinup texture in the MJ12 barracks in Hong Kong.
Oh, that isn't supposed to be transparant. But the UNATCO one is, I realised that just before I released but couldn't go back and change it.

New ModDB mirror for those not wanting to use MegaUpload.
Placebo
MJ12

Post by Placebo »

I downloaded it from megaupload and got an average of 200kbps. =)

And i did some playing last night and got to the part where i rescued Gunther. btw. the room that's next to Gunthers cell, there newspaper on the table next to the security terminal, the editor is Dave Wary. Is that the source of your nickname here? =D

Is there a minimum spec we should oblige or we can test that too? <minimum, ∞>
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

There shouldn't be a minimum spec, any decent computer should run it. And no, my nickname's DaveW because my name's David Watts :)
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

Many thanks for your excellent mod.

Is it possible to use the D3D9 renderer with the texture pack? I'm also using the enbseries and they need the D3D9 renderer.

EDIT:
Ok, I can verify that it works fine with D3D9 and the ENB. It looks amazing, great work.
Zyme

Post by Zyme »

I agree that the new version of ENBSeries works great with your new textures. Thanks for your hard work!
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

It would be great if you managed to work with the enbseries maker and fix some things. The main problem the ENB series has , is that it applies bump mapping to pictures, signs and TV screens. Aside from that and some minor glitches in faraway objects, it looks fantastic with new vision.

The only thing that looks a bit out of place with the new HQ textures is the sky and the cityscape that you see in the distance when you are on Liberty island and Battery park. Is it possible to make new textures for those?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I gotta say though, the new high-def star maps look fucking astonishing in TNM.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Kee715 wrote:I know you said this will work with any DX mod, but will it work with any DX mod? Will it work with New Vision?

This looks AWESOME! (Except U.N.A.T.Co)

(Yes the first part was sarcasm... (And a joke ( :lol: )))
Yes this will work with New Vision :P

Well anyway it looks great and I look forward to playing through DX yet again.
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Ishindri
NSF

Post by Ishindri »

Just popped in here to say, I laughed out loud when I saw the 'Nazi Gold - Property of Uwe Boll' texture. Nice work.
All is well. We are not like the others.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Pardon me for asking a stupid question, but how do you get ENB and New Vision to work together? Or rather how do I get the high res New Vision textures to show up with the updated direct3d renderer?

I have the updated renderer
I have ENB
I have New Vision (obviously)
I have that "uses3tc=true" thing in the ini.

Yet I always get the normal low res textures. is it because I am using the no overwritey method? (I have a NEWVISION folder which I have the ini's direct to that path above the default texture path.) It all works fine with OpenGL, but it's very jerky and I noticed it being jerky even without NV, so I wanted to see if maybe I'd get better performance with NV and the D3d renderer (and maybe ENB too)... So far though, it's not working.
Placebo
MJ12

Post by Placebo »

JC_Helios wrote:is it because I am using the no overwritey method?
Well, I think everyone here is using the overwritey method, after the backupy one :lol:
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.
Illumonic
Thug

Post by Illumonic »

Yeah, I just made a folder within the textures folder called backup and copy/pasted all the textures in there, and overwrote the original ones.
DXI Chat log
[_wraith] Any thought of incorporting ancient mysteries into the plot such as pyramids, Machu Pichu, legend of the 13 Crystal Skulls?
[Witchboy] wraith, we touch on the knights templar
[MISMonkey] You touched him where?
[Scott_M] echo... echo... echo...
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

I just backed up the files, overwrite them with New Vision files, and deleted the NewVision folder path from the ini, still didn't work.

And frankly, I prefer my method, with backups you have to keep track of them, you have to keep back ups for both sets of files just in case you overwrite the mod files and then go "oops, I deleted the zip/rar file they came in"..., and it's a hassle to switch around. All I have to do with the path thing is add/delete a line to the ini each time I want to reinstall/uninstall.
Last edited by JC_Helios on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illumonic
Thug

Post by Illumonic »

Are you trying this with TNM or Deus Ex? I had to reinstall TNM for it to work for me, but Deus Ex worked fine.
DXI Chat log
[_wraith] Any thought of incorporting ancient mysteries into the plot such as pyramids, Machu Pichu, legend of the 13 Crystal Skulls?
[Witchboy] wraith, we touch on the knights templar
[MISMonkey] You touched him where?
[Scott_M] echo... echo... echo...
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Just tried Deus Ex and got it working, I'll see if reinstalling TNM does anything.

EDIT: Yep, it worked. Thanks.