New Vision beta release - download inside!

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

New Vision beta release - download inside!

Post by DaveW »

Download here from MegaUpload
Download here from ModDB

Objective of the beta
The objective of this beta is to :
1.Find textures that look out of place in the environment they're in
2.Find textures that tile very badly
3.Any other errors relating, for example, seam errors between tiling etc.
4.Generally comment on the mod and get a chance to try it out!

Report problems in the bug topic.

So hopefully we can get all this done, it should be easy for me to recompile and post up the final piece thanks to the work of the community, so - thank you to those that helped with packing. Hopefully you guys will enjoy the work :)
Loulou de Pomerany

Re: New Vision beta release - download inside!

Post by Loulou de Pomerany »

Thank you for this nice job.
From France
eternalightwithin
NSF

Post by eternalightwithin »

Could someone do a torrent? Megashitload is downloading at 15kbs. At this rate it will be 10 hours till it's finished... ](*,) ](*,)
Akerfeldt
UNATCO

Post by Akerfeldt »

Fuck yeah!
A hole is a hole.
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

Wow Dave, you've done an amazing job! The textures are sooo good looking. Well done!
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

eternalightwithin wrote:Could someone do a torrent? Megashitload is downloading at 15kbs. At this rate it will be 10 hours till it's finished... ](*,) ](*,)
Working on a ModDB upload but their server is complete and utter shit. It keeps cancelling the upload half way through.
RealLeonWoods2045
Thug

Post by RealLeonWoods2045 »

Downloading now from megaupload, imagining this Deus Ex enlightnment!

Question though, because it is still downloading, I don't know if it has instructions. But where do I put the files? I assume textures folder, but what about TNM? Do I need to copy all of NV files and past them in TNM and DE? I really want, and I am sure everyone else is to, to experience TNM in NV as well as DE!
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Just your DeusEx/Textures folder. It will work for any DeusEx mod.
Solivagant
Mole Person

Post by Solivagant »

I've given it a spin, textures look really good, however, I got a quibble, it could simply be my specs though: when I'm far away, textures get jaggy and patterned, any way to avoid that? My gfx card is a geforce 7600, my processor is a pentium D 2,66hz, its an old pc but it manages to play Bioshock and Mirror's Edge with acceptable graphics :D

I particularly like the lettering work, now the UNATCO signs look very HD, meshes well with the rest of the game, not too jarring.
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

In the training area, I'm getting a black box around the UNATCO logo on the far wall right at the start, as if the alpha mask isn't being used.

Ishindri
NSF

Post by Ishindri »

I'm working my way through the game from the very beginning - love the textures, they look incredible. I've got a couple of quibbles, most of which I'll post about later with accompanying screenshots - I'm a little short on time right now. Nevertheless, you've done an excellent job. The thing that struck me most about Liberty Island when I first walked up the ramp was the sheer feeling of depth and detail - DX's original textures always felt a little sun-bleached. Excellent work.

Edit: Oh, right. I agree, you overdid the griminess of the UNATCO textures somewhat, but they don't look nearly as bad ingame as they do in the screenshots. Could still use a little tweaking, though.
All is well. We are not like the others.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

The mega upload speeds are way too slow so I'll have to wait a few days before I try to download again, I was going to host it on my server as well but It'll have to wait a week. Once that happens I'll look to getting it hosted on some small file networks.

I'm pretty impressed with what I've been shown so far though.
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

Slow? I was getting 650kb/s download speeds.

Great Job Dave (And Cyber), You can really tell the difference now and looked way better than I thought Unreal Engine could render!

Minor Nitpicks which I'll post with Screenshots (Playing through 2nd TNM run with NewVision and it looks awesome but noticed bad tiling, Big seams and misaligned textures in odd spots)
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I've never had a problem with Megaupload, that's why I used it - I've uploaded to ModDB but their servers are taking a while to register it and for it to be approved.

Edit: It's been approved but the filesize is about 100mb short. I think ModDB's uploader has broken the file and their approval system doesn't seem to have picked up on it. Will have to re-upload the whole thing, this will take a while...
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

I got a steady 147kb/s which is good considering my connection. So far everything looks great, been playing TNM with it and well... It is a bit jerky, and the end of people's sentences have a tendency of being cut off but that's just my computer.

I thought I noticed some uneven tiling but after looking at the screen shot I didn't see it anymore. heh, :-k