New Vision beta release - download inside!

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Kee715
Illuminati

Re: New Vision beta release - download inside!

Post by Kee715 »

I know you said this will work with any DX mod, but will it work with any DX mod? Will it work with New Vision?

This looks AWESOME! (Except U.N.A.T.Co)

(Yes the first part was sarcasm... (And a joke ( :lol: )))
A Noob, i guess

Post by A Noob, i guess »

Hi.
So i downloaded the beta release, replaced the original textures with the new ones (so now the texture folder is ~ 1.16 GB) but when i launch deus ex i still have the old textures.
How is that even possible? I mean, there is no more old textures so where does the game take them from?
And what have i done wrong, what do i need to do to get the new textures running?
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Did you install the OpenGL file?
Did you make the necessary .ini changes?
Are you running OpenGL as your renderer?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

TNM intro cinematic: Now approximately 70% prettier.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
A Noob, i guess

Post by A Noob, i guess »

I already was using OpenGL as my renderer before but now i had to selected it again, and it works!
So thanks for your suggestion.

And the new textures look awesome!
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Was most likely the S3TC option. If you don't select that, because the texture files have the low-res versions packed with them it'll revert to that. That's why the packages will also work with UnreaEd without problems, because it will just load the low-res versions. It works surprisingly well for Unreal Engine 1.
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

Just to confirm this, is everyone else getting that black border around the UNATCO logo shown in my screenshot, or did I set up the renderer improperly? I tried with both OpenGL and Direct3D9 and got the same result.

I noticed the same masking errors around the rough edges of the pinup texture in the MJ12 barracks in Hong Kong.
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

I'm getting the same Masking problems Nameless.
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

I guess we didn't follow the instructions for making those trans textures properly! :lol:
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Crapple.... :(

I downloaded from Mod DB (Fileshack, the servers are STILL down!! >.> @ Mod DB) too early, then I noticed the post here that stated that 'twas corrupted, and sure enough 'twas.

>.> @ Mod DB

And I can not get the file from Megaupload, there is this thing I have to type in and 'tis quite hard to read, I think I have it and I click "Download" only to realize that was wrong and now I have a new code! :evil:

Post by Guest »

Excellent work. Thank you so much for doing this.

The only problem I've found so far is the UNATCO logo, behind the desk near the Retinal Scanner. I actually think the rest of UNATCO looks fantastic, worn down, just the right amount of grunge for a cinderblock bunker.

Once again, thank you.

Post by Guest »

Kee715 wrote:And I can not get the file from Megaupload, there is this thing I have to type in and 'tis quite hard to read, I think I have it and I click "Download" only to realize that was wrong and now I have a new code! :evil:
I had that problem too! Haha.

What I did was keep trying, waiting until I got a new code I could sort of understand.
Nameless Voice wrote:Just to confirm this, is everyone else getting that black border around the UNATCO logo shown in my screenshot, or did I set up the renderer improperly? I tried with both OpenGL and Direct3D9 and got the same result.

I noticed the same masking errors around the rough edges of the pinup texture in the MJ12 barracks in Hong Kong.
I'm getting that same training area black border.

I've used this mod with The Nameless mod, it seems to work fine, but I haven't had a chance to play TNM much yet. Enb series mod doesn't work with this one(New-Vision) because of course Enb has to be using the Directx renderer. I really like the lighting and bumpmapping Enb gives, I wish there were an equivalent of that for Opengl.

Overall though, New-Vision has given me the compulsion to get back into Deus Ex again, after a few years of not playing it. Thanks for this release!
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

..pretty sure this should work with the DX9 renderer.

..pretty sure. Not certain, ofc. :/
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

I am certain, because I tried it with both DX9 and OpenGL renderers.
(Think I'll stick with the DX9 one since the OpenGL one drives me mad with screen corruption whenever I alt-tab.)
gameoverman
Mole Person

Post by gameoverman »

Yeah, you're right, it does work with the DX renderer. (I posted as 'guest', forgot to login)

I was switching back and forth, changing from a HDTP enhanced 'textures' folder to using the New-Vision enhanced texture folder, while I took test screenshots.

I could have sworn that I wasn't getting hi res textures in DX mode, but I just did it again, taking care that all folders were correct- and there it is! Enb and New-Vision together at last.

This is going to be awesome.