New Vision Beta - Bug Reports

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: New Vision Beta - Bug Reports

Post by DDL »

Replace all computer-style text with numbers like 18818081 and a font that looks the same when mirrored! Job done.

:P
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

I'm replaying the game using new vision and I run onto some potential bugs. I don't think they have been reported in this thread:

Elevator keypad in versalife :
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4534/shot0003zyl.jpg

Bunker II and III signs in Paris catacombs should exchange places , at least according to the map Tong sends you :
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2577/shot0011lcj.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1347/shot0013b.jpg
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

The keypad is HDTP's job, but the bunker numbers appear to be right in the texture packages. Either you're reading the map wrong or the mapper really screwed up:

I don't have Deus Ex installed at the moment to check myself.
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

DaveW wrote:The keypad is HDTP's job,
I was talking about the wall textures around the keypad that don't blend with the rest of the wall. If that is HDTP's job, no problem.
DaveW wrote:but the bunker numbers appear to be right in the texture packages. Either you're reading the map wrong or the mapper really screwed up:
This is the map of the catacombs:

If you look at the last link I posted you'll see that it's the bunker of the mj12 headquarters and it's wrongly labeled as bunker 2.

EDIT:
DaveW wrote: don't have Deus Ex installed at the moment to check myself.
wut? UNFORGIVABLE !!1
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Well noticed. I think it was a bug in the original though. ISTR people saying how the two labels were mixed up. I suppose New Vision could resort the two, fixing the error.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Never noticed that myself. If it is indeed a bug in the original game I'll swap the textures around.

I see what you mean about the keypad, not sure what it was like in the original but the area around it must've been a different colour already. Probably supposed to be a metal plate the keypad is stuck to.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Is it me, or does that map look like a 18th century pirate's treasure island map?
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

gamer0004 wrote:Is it me, or does that map look like a 18th century pirate's treasure island map?
Yarr. Ye be correct.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

The question is: would it make more sense to fix the signs or to fix the map?
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

As I recall there are infolink messages (Damn you, Jonas. I almost said PMs) that tell you which bunker you are approaching, which do they indicate is correct?
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

chris the cynic wrote:As I recall there are infolink messages (Damn you, Jonas. I almost said PMs) that tell you which bunker you are approaching, which do they indicate is correct?
IIRC the infolink message just said "the mj12 bunker" and "the silhouette bunker". Anyway, it seems to me that the easiest thing to do would be to simply swap the names of the two files.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Ok, I just dug into the conversation text file.
Your goals state that MJ12 is holding the people your are meant to save in Bunker 3. Chad says they are in Bunker 3, the kid whose mother was taken prisoner says she is in bunker 3, so I would say that the map is right, the texture placement is wrong. Switch the textures.

Also, ghost dog is right and I was wrong; Tong never mentions bunker numbers.
Frac

Post by Frac »

I posted this on the main page, then I found this forum. Sorry:

I love it. Fantastic work.

I've noticed quite a few spelling and grammatical errors in the graphics, though. I don't have it in front of me, but two I remember are "gauge" spelled as "guage" (in the trailer behind your home area near the Statue of Liberty). A poster showing the machine gun uses "it's" instead of "its" in several locations. There are also a few grammatical errors in that poster. I've seen two others, but can't remember where...

I'm only finding these because the textures are so great, and I'm spending time actually reading them!
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I'll have a look into it. I'm going through and remastering a lot of the older textures (again) anyway, so I'll keep an eye out for such errors. Some of those have been fixed (the poster specifically), but most I don't really notice because the texture gets thrown into the package and I never read it again.
McCrusthead

Post by McCrusthead »

When I try to launch Deus Ex with this set up it just shows me a black screen and plays the intro music. I have followed the instructions to the letter, I made the change to the .ini file, moved the opengldrv.dll file into the system folder, and set set OpenGL as the renderer. I am using a GeForce GTX 260 and am running Windows 7.