The Latest - State of the project

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Lucius DeBeers
Thug

Re: The Latest - State of the project

Post by Lucius DeBeers »

Thanks for the update, Dave. I hope you will see better days soon. I really like the first release you put out for New Vision. Wishing you the best.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

justanotherfan wrote:Thanks for the long nokia-based update. I'm sure we could help with troubleshooting.

For SATA, make sure the SATA is enabled in BIOS, and the drives set to auto-detect, and use a boot CD or disk to format the correct drive.
Ha, like my Dad would have a SATA3-enabled motherboard in his 5 year old Dell :P

I have, however, managed to get my Netbook up and running with the most ridiculous method I could imagine. Had to take apart some other guy's computer to get it working, plug in my hard drive from it and recover XP through his computer. Worked, though.

On the plus side, I've just noticed one of my monitors is faulty so I'm getting a (hopefully new) replacement, which I intend on selling since I'm probably getting a Laptop to replace my PC anyway. 'Tis all good.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

DaveW wrote:Ha, like my Dad would have a SATA3-enabled motherboard in his 5 year old Dell :P
I know that feeling, I am tempted to put a new computer into this ancient compaq case I have.
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Charlos
Mole Person

Post by Charlos »

Thanks for sharing.... =D>