The Latest - State of the project

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Hashi
Silhouette

Re: The Latest - State of the project

Post by Hashi »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Guys knock it off.
It has been knocked off. Thanks for the advice
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I know right? Seriously you guys.
Don't twist my words.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

nice to know i've been missed here =)

quick update for people wondering, because i haven't been here for bloody ages. to cut a long story short i've run into some temporary money troubles, being a student. an accident i had at my flat way earlier this year (a chemical and fire related incident) has left me, temporarily, with a fucking huge bill from my landlord who me and my girlfriend rent our flat from.

so in the meantime i have had to sell the majority of my computer (minus hard drives), as my parents are having money issues themselves thanks to my dad's company fucking up his pension. thisplus a russian exchance trip I was involved with recently has meant i haven't had time to update anyone with what's been going on.

Right now i'm only using my phone as my netbook won't boot properly (thanks linux) and i am generally fucked in terms of internet access until september when my student loan comes in, and until i get the money back from my landlord (possible small claims court case)

unless something changes between now and then new vision is postponed on my end as i cant get to any of the files on my hard drives. i had the idea to invest in sata3 drives so my dads computer at home wont read them.

so yeah, don't worry, im not dead and neither is the project, things are just temporarily fucked until i can find a job/go back to uni.

ps sorry for my piss poor spelling, i really can't be bothered to write something this long on my shitty nokia phone keypad.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Thanks for the long nokia-based update. I'm sure we could help with troubleshooting.

For SATA, make sure the SATA is enabled in BIOS, and the drives set to auto-detect, and use a boot CD or disk to format the correct drive.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Welcome back, DaveW!

Really sorry about the accident and money troubles! :(

I guess you'd still not be interested in opening to Paypal donations?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah, I'd kick in a few bucks or quid.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

It's a shame you don't have decent internet access, else we could have backed up all of your work. I still have the original backups you gave me back when we first setup New vision- but then those are obslete by Release 1 (which is a more complete version of New vision). I don't exactly know how much further you got with New Vision, but I'm guessing there's a lot missing from Release 1 that you've done.

Meanwhile sorry to hear about your problems, I hope everything goes well for you through the courts and also best of luck with your studies and with finding a job. So long as you stay positive I'm sure you'll get through this.

If there's anything you need from me let me know, you've got my contact details. ;)
BoggyP
NSF

Post by BoggyP »

DaveW wrote:nice to know i've been missed here =)
Good luck with all that DaveW. It's nice to know you haven't been assassinated. I hope everything comes together.

Hopefully seeing you soon,
BoggyP
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Ah, the misfortune of others doesn't even stop you vomiting your bile. Really guy, what is the point?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Now now Bobby, Let the poor Troll do his thing.
This is the internet, and what would the internet do without Trolls?

I, on the other hand, applaud Dave for keeping with this project despite 'Real-Life' problems.
Hope it gets sorted soon :smile:

I mean, the Public Beta made a huge difference already so I'm not complaining :P
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Alas Ebenezer Grymm, having failed to disguise his trolling as legitimate posts, has shown himself for the unintelligent, stunted creature that he really is and resorted to name-calling and even careless bigotry. This is one of the few things we call a banable offence around here. Goodbye, Ebenezer Grymm. You complete idiot.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Jonas wrote:Alas Ebenezer Grymm, having failed to disguise his trolling as legitimate posts, has shown himself for the unintelligent, stunted creature that he really is and resorted to name-calling and even careless bigotry. This is one of the few things we call a banable offence around here. Goodbye, Ebenezer Grymm. You complete idiot.
Once again proving that freedom of speech is abused too much because of the internet. You can hate our mod and every bit of content for all we care, but the second you act like an asshole and make personal threats.. hell even death threats.. then we've got a problem. Moderation exists to protect the users- Ebenezer was a fool if he thought he could post that without any concequence. Thankyou for doing that Jonas, he was annoying everyone, I'm just glad he self terminated from his own stupidity.
Babeuf97
Thug

Post by Babeuf97 »

Good luck DaveW. Hopefully things'll get better for you and your mod!
Jonas wrote: Goodbye, Ebenezer Grymm. You complete idiot.
Another troll bites the dust ;)
fantsu
UNATCO

Post by fantsu »

Nice for the new update.
:D
...and sorry about the bad news in your real life,
gladly things always go better by their own weight.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Dang. There were some interesting posts and some harmless negativity, but there was nonsense trolling. At least the bile at the end was weakly offensive trolling, about how gayness is gay are pansies is you ("lolz" et cetera), but OTP Forums is a nice place to relax without that noise. It's fun to play devil's advocate, but who wants to play fool's advocate?