Worldcorp floor 3 question

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

nalle
Thug

Worldcorp floor 3 question

Post by nalle »

Hey everyone! I recently decided to replay TNM but just like last time I just can't for the love of me figure out how to get this locker open. So yeah it's located on WC Floor 3 in one of the rooms and I think I might go mad soon unless I get it open.

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Worldcorp floor 3 question

Post by bobby 55 »

Don't go mad. That's just for decoration. ;)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah sorry, the red nanomatter is just some nasty virus WorldCorp has been developing, it's not something you can obtain and use in any way, it's just there to show you what they use their nano labs for :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Except for cheats of course :giggle:

I think it appears in the phasrox menu, but yeah, it has no use...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
nalle
Thug

Post by nalle »

ROFL!! I honestly had no idea it was supposed to just be decoration. Sure, those red canisters aren't used anywhere else in the game by the player but I still thought it was something useful and here's why:

Yeah behind that force field there is a gas grenade and a biocell and I have been unable to open that as well. Since those are usable items and are found in the same room, I figured there must be a way to get them and if that is the case then surely there is a way to get the red canisters and perhaps use them for something as well.

I'm rambling I guess but I just want you all to know why I was convinced you could open the locker. So, erm.... is there a way to retrieve that gas grenade and the biocell?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Don't be dismayed, I tried to blast it open and killed myself in the process. :lol:

You could open the console and type opensesame, make sure you've targeted the door. I dunno if that'll work though.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I think that thing with the biocell and such is a mistake - a case of the person placing the items (myself) not being on quite the same page as the person who made the level (ZeroPresence). I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed in any of the patches, but it could actually be that it was fixed in one patch, then re-bugged in another. You never know.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
nalle
Thug

Post by nalle »

bobby 55 wrote:Don't be dismayed, I tried to blast it open and killed myself in the process. :lol:
It appears as both our attempts at opening it are reminiscent of that scene from Independence Day when they desperately try to nuke the space ships with the super shields.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

nalle wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Don't be dismayed, I tried to blast it open and killed myself in the process. :lol:
It appears as both our attempts at opening it are reminiscent of that scene from Independence Day when they desperately try to nuke the space ships with the super shields.
Hahahaha! As long as I'm not Randy Quaid's character. :P
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:I think that thing with the biocell and such is a mistake - a case of the person placing the items (myself) not being on quite the same page as the person who made the level (ZeroPresence). I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed in any of the patches, but it could actually be that it was fixed in one patch, then re-bugged in another. You never know.
Time to do it right for 1.0.5 then :P
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Hogeyhead
Thug

Post by Hogeyhead »

1.05?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Or is that just wishful thinking?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hogeyhead wrote:1.05?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Or is that just wishful thinking?
For realz. After HDTP is finalized we'll be testing TNM for compatibility. The TNM team are working on that aspect and Jonas is adding a couple of things as well.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Jonas wrote:I think that thing with the biocell and such is a mistake - a case of the person placing the items (myself) not being on quite the same page as the person who made the level (ZeroPresence). I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed in any of the patches, but it could actually be that it was fixed in one patch, then re-bugged in another. You never know.
Hey, I can solve this right now... oh dear I'm so late! I really must get my watch checked.

Remember how I used to hate using the TNM packages with UED2 so I would basically map out my levels bare-bone and just allow you guys to place all the TNM items/decor? Yeah, this is where that system failed for us. That was supposed to be opened by a black button somewhere or possibly a TNM computer but it just didn't get linked up.

By the looks of that I probably called that "LockBox_Shield01" or something.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Cool, nice to know what your intention was. I'll figure out what to do with it when we resume work on 1.0.5 :-)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Is there anything I could do to help with that patch release? Or is it mostly stuff out of my realm of bodacious mapping?