What happened to Kylie?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Helios
Thug

What happened to Kylie?

Post by Helios »

Well I finished a Playthrough...Absolutely brilliant guys, can't wait to play again. It was one of the most inventive and original games I have played since DeusEx. Despite the constant crashing I still enjoyed every moment. My one complaint and it is only a small one that didn't really impact on the game is that some of the levels felt a bit mazey, generally the design was very good though. I was just wondering what happened to Kylie after the space station battle? I knocked her unconcious I didn't kill her but you don't hear about her again at the end when narcissus speaks. I did Ryan's and PDX ending this time round. I assume on Ryan's ending she gets blown up but what about on the PDX one? Eaten by a green thing that was sick of soy food?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: What happened to Kylie?

Post by Jonas »

Oops, she's supposed to be immune to knockout, that's why she tells you not to try knocking her out. Will be fixed in 1.0.1.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Helios
Thug

Post by Helios »

Jonas wrote:Oops, she's supposed to be immune to knockout, that's why she tells you not to try knocking her out. Will be fixed in 1.0.1.
Oh right, I though maybe if I knocked her out she would come back and say something later that's why I did it. I did use god mode that was the only way I could knock her out without her killing me with the plasma rifle so I don't know if its possible without cheating.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well it certainly won't be after the patch! It's best to make sure :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
LTKJAY
Thug

Post by LTKJAY »

Jonas wrote:Oops, she's supposed to be immune to knockout, that's why she tells you not to try knocking her out. Will be fixed in 1.0.1.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I knocked her out too because she told me not to knock her out.
Gunpowder, Gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

It is worth pointing out that telling us not to is like begging us to do it.
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

Mysogynist!!!!
pretending to be absent
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Pointman wrote:Mysogynist!!!!
Who, exactly?

I would think that wanting to leave her alive would imply one is not, so who is being one?
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

chris the cynic wrote:It is worth pointing out that telling us not to is like begging us to do it.
You.... you... you shauvinist!!!

[ok, back on topic]

Meh. I've gibbed her. To think I could just... knock her out...
pretending to be absent
Agent_Kyramud
Thug

Post by Agent_Kyramud »

For me, it only took a solid yet skillfully placed charge prod to the back to knock her unconscious. The first time I played I gibernated (or whatever that special gun was called) her, causing her to explode into many pleasing bits and pieces. For my third time through, I'll use my firesword to cut her in half.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The Gibinator is like our own far more grim version of the DX killphrase.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Hmm, you run into her and have to fight her? I wonder if it'll spectacularly break when that's supposed to happen. I assassinated her in Sol's bar with my dual pistols after Scara tried to kill me with a freakin' milbot outside the Partyzone. I had them on double-fire, my pistol skill is Advanced, and she didn't have time to turn on any of her augs or move out of the way before I fired the first shot (at point-blank range).

Half the time I tried it, it didn't kill her, interestingly enough. The other half was an instakill. I took her rifle as a keepsake. Alpha didn't seem to mind too much, he was still willing to talk, but Jackie wasn't happy and shot at me (I left without hurting her or knocking her out).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You have a surprise in store then ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Grub
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Grub »

To be honest, I wish we could have put in a Kylie knockout option. I really did try going through a totally non-violent route during one of my playthroughs. Batons, crossbows and prods, baby!
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Every boss I faced became victim to an endless barrage of stun punches, even Treskton. (For some reason I felt sorry for him.) I started out my game as wanting to be an insane asshole who kills whoever he wants, but after KK was so happy about me being "non-lethal" twice! I shouldn't lead him on and then disappoint him by being an insane asshole later. (Especially since I thought Info on DD= worth more than Scara's money offer... I didn't think it woulds hut off working for him completely)

Having quite a fun time being one now though. :twisted:

By the way knocking out(maybe killing) Kylie sometimes has an odd visual effect. She looks like shes made completely of white glowing worms which are moving all throughout her unconscious body... Thought it was something intentional at first.