Killing the Athena. Goat Leader?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Killing the Athena. Goat Leader?

Post by Jonas »

wtf...

When did you apply the patch, exactly?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Thug

Post by 970261 »

i've applied the patch and restarted the game from scratch to experience a glitch fixed game.....

(sigh), is there any way to change the event flag so i've gotten the info? I've got a save before i kill her.

FYI-another persistent bug found, if u fix the subway on day 2 BEFORE meeting the DXO ppl in the subway, the goal still remains, but the DXO people are gone...maybe this has something to do with it?
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、 ゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Set Athena_Fight_Dead while you're in the temple. Anywhere will do.

I think I know what could be causing this.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Thug

Post by 970261 »

Jonas wrote:Set Athena_Fight_Dead while you're in the temple. Anywhere will do.

I think I know what could be causing this.
thank you....i hope mine's an isolated incident in the 1.0.1 patch b/c this mod is ALREADY near perfection....maybe except some minor gripes about the following (that could be changed back by the player some time in the future? xP):

Nerfed hoverbots-the first time in un-patched TNM, these buggers annoyed/scared the **** out of me and forced me, a player who usually brute forces his way, to run like mad. I feel they were a *little* too much weaker.

No KOing Scara anymore-would have liked to see a way to get his stash without the Narcissus entity event happening, like let's say u knock him out but not kill him. He'll later PM u dropping F-Bombs everywhere for knocking him out.

The Mysterious button in Athena apartment-u know the one, it's the little button near Athena's bedside. The sound is similar to the Repair bot, but i don't see any relevant change happening, even while "ghosting" to see the entire map

The removed traps in ShadowCode's "lair"-the fire sequence is the only one in my mind that sticks out the most as being an adrenaline pumping, "Indiana Jones" sequence that was fun to go thru. Was a little disappointed when it was removed, but could understand that it can cause lag and so was taken out.

No Addition to the number of ATM accounts-would liked to have seen more than the three u could get...but minor.

The more "obvious" hints-i fully understand the frustration of having to learn that there was an easier way or even an appropriate way, but the obvious hints take away some of the "Deus Ex" feeling. How about making these hints more obvious in the SECOND playthru, is it possible? After all, a "true" DX fan/player would seek out alternative routes and methods :P

Firestaff and its ammo-felt that the ammo for it was given in too much abundancy, while the Firestaff didn't remain so much in the player's hand (although i'm not sure if u get to keep it in the WC storyline arc, but knowing Scara i HIGHLY doubt it).

P.S.-this mod STILL gets a 9.5 out of 10 for me, even with the personal, minor erks i listed above! =D>
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、 ゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

970261 wrote:thank you....i hope mine's an isolated incident in the 1.0.1 patch b/c this mod is ALREADY near perfection....
Thank you, but I'm afraid it's a general bug and it will happen to everybody. It's the result of the Athena fix in 1.0.1 which fixed a similar bug which was the result of another Athena fix we did before release. Hopefully we haven't created any more stupid errors this time, so it'll be properly fixed in 1.0.2.
Nerfed hoverbots-the first time in un-patched TNM, these buggers annoyed/scared the **** out of me and forced me, a player who usually brute forces his way, to run like mad. I feel they were a *little* too much weaker.
Such is life - you can't balance a game perfectly for everyone.
No KOing Scara anymore-would have liked to see a way to get his stash without the Narcissus entity event happening, like let's say u knock him out but not kill him. He'll later PM u dropping F-Bombs everywhere for knocking him out.
So not gonna happen.
The Mysterious button in Athena apartment-u know the one, it's the little button near Athena's bedside. The sound is similar to the Repair bot, but i don't see any relevant change happening, even while "ghosting" to see the entire map
It opens the TV above her bed.
The removed traps in ShadowCode's "lair"-the fire sequence is the only one in my mind that sticks out the most as being an adrenaline pumping, "Indiana Jones" sequence that was fun to go thru. Was a little disappointed when it was removed, but could understand that it can cause lag and so was taken out.
It was taken out because unless you knew exactly what was gonna happen and how to get through it, or unless you had a fire extinguisher, you had no way to get through it.
No Addition to the number of ATM accounts-would liked to have seen more than the three u could get...but minor.
I think you can actually get 5, but I never wrote it down, so I don't remember exactly how many can be acquired or where they are - I just seem to remember about half of the available accounts can be acquired in the game.
The more "obvious" hints-i fully understand the frustration of having to learn that there was an easier way or even an appropriate way, but the obvious hints take away some of the "Deus Ex" feeling. How about making these hints more obvious in the SECOND playthru, is it possible? After all, a "true" DX fan/player would seek out alternative routes and methods :P
No. First of all, too much of a bother. Secondly, it would defeat the purpose. The second time through, you already know where to go.
Firestaff and its ammo-felt that the ammo for it was given in too much abundancy, while the Firestaff didn't remain so much in the player's hand (although i'm not sure if u get to keep it in the WC storyline arc, but knowing Scara i HIGHLY doubt it).
You get it back before going to ABI in both storylines.
P.S.-this mod STILL gets a 9.5 out of 10 for me, even with the personal, minor erks i listed above! =D>
Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Thug

Post by 970261 »

Jonas wrote:
970261 wrote:thank you....i hope mine's an isolated incident in the 1.0.1 patch b/c this mod is ALREADY near perfection....
Thank you, but I'm afraid it's a general bug and it will happen to everybody. It's the result of the Athena fix in 1.0.1 which fixed a similar bug which was the result of another Athena fix we did before release. Hopefully we haven't created any more stupid errors this time, so it'll be properly fixed in 1.0.2.
Such is life - you can't balance a game perfectly for everyone.
So not gonna happen.
It opens the TV above her bed.
It was taken out because unless you knew exactly what was gonna happen and how to get through it, or unless you had a fire extinguisher, you had no way to get through it.
I think you can actually get 5, but I never wrote it down, so I don't remember exactly how many can be acquired or where they are - I just seem to remember about half of the available accounts can be acquired in the game.
No. First of all, too much of a bother. Secondly, it would defeat the purpose. The second time through, you already know where to go.
You get it back before going to ABI in both storylines.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)
I guess the gripes are all just personal....

But i was being sarcastic about the Scara thing before, but....

All's still good for me.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、 ゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、 ゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

Maybe this is useful to you fixing the Athena Issue:
athena_crash.jpg
Occurred when i closed the last valve (during that, she resurrected the last time) and then killed her.
(version 1.0 :oops:)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Nope, I've already fixed the issue. That there is just a pathing crash.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine