How do I get into WC's basement that "doesn't exist"?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: How do I get into WC's basement that "doesn't exist"?

Post by DDL »

Jonas wrote: I'm not saying it's an unproblematic design - we faced some challenges during playtesting, which I discussed on my blog, you might find it interesting if you're into game design:
http://rooc.offtopicproductions.com/blo ... he-sewers/
Hahaha was about to leave a comment when I realised it was posted Aug 2008. Where the FUCK DOES THE TIME GO??!?!?one

Personally I found the sewers a great learning experience for 'how to disable the maximum number of greasels for the minimum resource invested': shooting until they're too wounded to be angry, or blocking up a doorway with crates that I can jump over but they can't, herding them into an angry spitting mass behind me, leaping into cover and LAMming them when bunched up.

I wasn't happy about it, of course, but it was nevertheless instructive.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

To be fair you played it during Beta before we implemented proper difficulty filtering for the greasels - no matter what NPC quantity you were playing with you'd meet like 40 greasels. I think it's down to 12 or so on the normal setting now :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Personally I noticed the hackable elevator panel in WC rather than finding anything in the sewers.

In the elevator which goes to floors 1-4, the panel is below the buttons. You need both lockpicks and multitools, and it will take you down to the subbasement when you close the panel.

You only have to sneak past one bot (or kill/disable it) to get in. You don't need to go to the eye-scanner, so you can ignore the spider-bot initially, your initial goal is the bigass door in front of an elevator that the large bot is patrolling near. Use stealth to get to it when the bot isn't looking, or kill it or whatever. You want to hit the button to open that, then ride it up, then run across the small bridge-like things to the doorway. From the doorway, shoot the explosive barrels and then proceed through the hole in the wall they made. You're now in the secret compound. That Guy will then tell you how to find him.

On your way out, you can go out through the door where the eye-scanner was, (it's down a ladder, IIRC, to the left (when you come in) of the hole in the wall) but you'll probably have to fight the spiderbot. You can still sneak past the bigger bot, though.