Stealing from RavingNutter's store.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Re: Stealing from RavingNutter's store.

Post by chris the cynic »

Then keep track of these doors and report them.
TheXGhost
Thug

Post by TheXGhost »

Jcelios wrote:Busting things open with the sword was wonky and inconsistent in the original Deus Ex but it seems much more so in TNM.
I've also been able to chop open various doors and things with my standard metal sword that I probably shouldn't be able too.
Yeah, some metal doors I could bust open, like the ones in the server complex, near a big cylinder glowing generator thingy (granted I had to use combat strength lvl 2), but then some wooden doors, cabinets, and drawers, I couldnt even scratch
.siht daer ot emit eht koot yllautca uoy eveileb tnac I
kyrieee
Thug

Post by kyrieee »

I thought it was stupid that one of the the thugs at the subway had a flame thrower. I wouldn't have a problem with fighting them in a fair fight, but there isn't a fire extinguisher around so you're screwd because you need to walk up to him to trigger the conversation. I just shot him before the conversation started but I didn't like doing it that way.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You could always place a grenade on the wall below and lure him into it after the conversation ends.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

Now that fire extinguishers work on a clip/ammo system I carry them around everywhere with me.
They're like the towel of DX! Many different situational uses.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

You got clips to work with the FE's? Every time I tried to, all I'd get was "This weapon can not be reloaded." Kind of makes picking up multiple Fire extinguishers useless, if you never have access to their clip.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

If you have a half empty extinguisher, isn't it refilled if you pick up a new one?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
kyrieee
Thug

Post by kyrieee »

Well, the problem was I would be set ablaze before I could get out of his reach, every single time :-P
It's no big deal though :)
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Jonas wrote:If you have a half empty extinguisher, isn't it refilled if you pick up a new one?

Hmm, maybe I didn't keep too much track of my FE ammo. I guess picking up more than 1 FE might not be useless, but those damn clips I have no access to still irks me a bit.
Thug

Post by 970261 »

thing is, there seems to be a bug when u have the FE equipped and pick another FE, the clip counter shows -2 (negative 2) and the ammo will be set at 44.

so don't be me and just pick up a new FE with ur own out. :P
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、 ゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
chrisssf
NSF

Post by chrisssf »

TheXGhost wrote:
Jcelios wrote:Busting things open with the sword was wonky and inconsistent in the original Deus Ex but it seems much more so in TNM.
I've also been able to chop open various doors and things with my standard metal sword that I probably shouldn't be able too.
Yeah, some metal doors I could bust open, like the ones in the server complex, near a big cylinder glowing generator thingy (granted I had to use combat strength lvl 2), but then some wooden doors, cabinets, and drawers, I couldnt even scratch
you can usually bust open anything thats not tied to events, if you sort of get what i mean... take for example an NPC event is triggered if you lockpick / forcefully destroy with an explosive a drawer/locker, say a soundbite or hostility, you can't just hack it open. Its weird but I find it consistently the same this way throughout the game....
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I was just wondering, what is it that triggers the theft script, is it all the items in the store or just some?

either way it seems as it isnt worth it, since if you do not steal you can buy deus diablos firesword for a measly 1000 creds (think dt sword with extra fire damage) on the second day
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

The Stun Gloves are worth it if you decide to play that way. I don't know it they count though.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jaedar wrote:either way it seems as it isnt worth it, since if you do not steal you can buy deus diablos firesword for a measly 1000 creds (think dt sword with extra fire damage) on the second day
Assuming it's your second playthrough :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

odawali wrote:The Stun Gloves are worth it if you decide to play that way. I don't know it they count though.
They don't, only the stuff in the display cases counts.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine