Too fucking difficult

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Too fucking difficult

Post by Jonas »

that guy wrote:TNM is harder than DX because DX was a cakewalk.
Yeah it was a cakewalk once you'd played it so much you knew exactly how to game the AI flaws, create the most effective character builds, and best employ the different items at your disposal.

I guess TNM was developed for a fairly specific audience: Experienced Deus Ex players.

And the thing about the DXO mission is that it only has 4 enemies, but they're all fairly tough (well except Illuminati, he's kind of a pancy). But you can easily do that mission without killing anybody if you have a few lockpicks and multitools.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Or ZP's rifle and a couple of clips of 3006.

EDIT: Oh, without killing anybody. Sorry, I just read that as 'you can do the mission easily'.

Oops. :oops:
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

that guy wrote:TNM is harder than DX because DX was a cakewalk.
As Jonas said, but then again I only found it hard before I had l33t skills. (Before I was 12)
Jonas wrote:he's kind of a pansy).
I wonder why it is that I love correcting grammar mistakes so much...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Kee715 wrote:I wonder why it is that I love correcting grammar mistakes so much...
That would have been a typo, not a grammatical mistake, except it features on Dictionary.com: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pancy

And watch out lest I start correcting you every time you abuse that pseudo early modern English you're so fond of ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Oh...

I hate when I make a mistake...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The hilarious thing is that "pancy" seems to be middle English, so it doesn't really have any place in modern discourse, but being the guy who likes to make an ass of himself by saying "wouldst" randomly, I don't think you should be the one to point that out :lol:
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Jonas wrote:but being the guy who likes to make an ass of himself by saying "wouldst" randomly, I don't think you should be the one to point that out :lol:
It has become less of a random thing and more of a "WTF am I typing!?" thing...
Paul1290
NSF

Post by Paul1290 »

I like how the new AI isn't as dim witted and how you can't just leave corpses lying around anymore. It make a stealth approach a bit more challenging.

However, the one thing that kind of bugs me is that if they hear you make a sound but don't find you they sometimes trip the alarm anyway, that seems a bit odd to me. I mean, considering the number of people who are walking around in these buildings, random footsteps alone don't seem like much reason to raise a panic.

Guard: "Shit I hear footsteps but see nobody! Sound the alarm!"

*alarm sounds*

"Intruder alert, all security to the second floor offices!!!!"

*alarm stops*

Guard: "Nevermind! It was just Bob getting a soda from the break room! Return to your posts!"

*alarm sounds*

"Intruder alert, all security to the basement!"

*alarm stops*

Guard: "Nevermind! It was just the electrician tripping on a wrench! Return to your posts!"

Security Staff: *Groan* *grumble* *grumble* :x
nopushbutton
Thug

Post by nopushbutton »

Well, augs or not, TNM is still very much DX at heart, meaning that, if you don't mind killing, you can still "solve" pretty much any human enemy in any difficulty level easily with the DTS and speed aug and/or the tiniest bit of sneakiness.

Still, bit funny that TNM's underpaid rent-a-cops are smarter than DX's anti-terrorists and MJ12 troopers.
I guess it figures they'd be a bit paranoid, since they're all Deus Ex fans finding themselves as cannon fodder in a Deus Ex mod :P
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I'd say if you want the easy way to take out Compudoc (besides trying to sneak up on him and knock him out, or snipe him or the like), since he's blocking the tunnel leading to the main room, get yourself a LAM and plant it on the wall around the corner, then poke your head out and shoot him. Then go running off down the hall once he notices you. With any luck, he'll run right past the LAM and get blown to smithereens.

When I did that mission, I ended up opening up the hatch first, going through the tunnels there until I couldn't go any further and needed a password or somesuch to proceed, and then I went back up and fought Compudoc. I think I took him out with my dual pistols, but it was a running gun duel that took 10-30 seconds or so. I had put most of my skill points into pistol skill and aug upgrades into ballistic shield, and I retreated back down the hall to heal at least once during the fight before going back at him again.

Half the reason Deus Ex was easier, at least for me, was because I ended up knowing right where all the enemies would be - and I crouch-walk *everywhere* so nobody hears me coming. And then they get shot in the head. (Or knocked out with a baton, or shot with a tranq dart, etc - I haven't tried a no-guns playthrough in TNM yet though, but I bet it'll be a huge challenge, and I'm only playing on normal, whereas I played Deus Ex on realistic.)

P.S. I managed to take out OiNutter for ZeroPresence without making any Goats hostile to me. Unfortunately the game wouldn't let him stay unconscious instead of dead, it magically killed him, forcing me to hit his body until it exploded into gibs. :(