TNM Walkthrough- a WIP

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: TNM Walkthrough- a WIP

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Yeah, and using the stungloves you can just punch them in the face without anyone caring... until they fall unconscious that is. However since the 1.0.2 patch I doubt anyone can use them at that point.

And I probably should stick Jonas Tranq-mine door blowing trick in somewhere. Maybe I should add a generic "useful tips" section at the end, telling stuff like this (and the DTS/Digital Ronin door-destroying mechanicsms and such better explained for example).

Anyway, above post updated with the PDX WC mission in full. And like mentioned there, if anyone knows the TRUE conditions for the "Pacifism award" please do enlighten me :).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Great stuff, I like the little warnings you add.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

(Combat Strength/???)
Microfibral Muscles.
Hassat Hunter wrote:Maybe I should add a generic "useful tips" section at the end
That would be nice. A feature that I would personally like would a be a "secrets" section detailing all those hard to find things(so I won't have to read through the entire walkthrough just to see if I missed some hidden gem.)
Hassat Hunter wrote:However since the 1.0.2 patch I doubt anyone can use them at that point.
If you put ALL your skillpoints into fists you can, it is so bloody cheap :) 900/1800/3000 If I recall correctly.
Hassat Hunter wrote:Scara's password gives access to a special ability, not usable with hacking.
Got to try that :)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah. How can a person do eight runs and miss some of that stuff. A secrets section would be great. Your call of course Hassat.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:Yeah. How can a person do eight runs and miss some of that stuff. A secrets section would be great. Your call of course Hassat.
Because the devs spent 5 out of the 7 years thinking of ridiculous places to hide it, of course. I mean I just found the Daikatana today :P. On my bloody 4th playthrough, and that one isn't even very hidden.
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jaedar wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Yeah. How can a person do eight runs and miss some of that stuff. A secrets section would be great. Your call of course Hassat.
Because the devs spent 5 out of the 7 years thinking of ridiculous places to hide it, of course. I mean I just found the Daikatana today :P. On my bloody 4th playthrough, and that one isn't even very hidden.
No you got it wrong, we spent 7 years making the levels so fucking large and intricate that anything can be hidden just by putting it slightly out of the way of the critical path ;)

As for the pacifist bonuses, I assume you mean the conditions for triggering Kashue's rewards or Phasmatis' rewards? I don't have ConEdit on the laptop, but I can look them up on the other PC if you want.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote: No you got it wrong, we spent 7 years making the levels so fucking large and intricate that anything can be hidden just by putting it slightly out of the way of the critical path ;)
Kashue in Downtown is NOT "slightly" off the critical path :) And I doubt that is the most obscure secret out there.
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Come now, he's not even hidden by a secret door or anything, he's just on top of a sky scraper :mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:Come now, he's not even hidden by a secret door or anything, he's just on top of a sky scraper :mrgreen:
That takes several minutes to climb using an exploit... or 20 seconds with cheats. He is also in the complete black :)
Oh wait: sarcasm?
And what secret doors? There is a secret door?! Where? I demand(with the power vested in me by being your fan) you tell me!
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Wait a while and Hassat will. I'm on the hustings for a secret section in the walkthrough.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jaedar wrote:Microfibral Muscles.
Thanks. Forgot to check the Wiki and update that.
That would be nice. A feature that I would personally like would a be a "secrets" section detailing all those hard to find things(so I won't have to read through the entire walkthrough just to see if I missed some hidden gem.)
However, what qualifies as "hard to find"? If I do that I would also have to put in the pepper spray in the Slums (everyone seems to miss that one) or the 3rd gibinator battery lying in plain sight (that I couldn't spot though until Jonas mentioned the specific location). I have no idea what others find hard to find...
If you put ALL your skillpoints into fists you can, it is so bloody cheap :) 900/1800/3000 If I recall correctly.
Yeah, but then you sacrifice electronics and lockpicking, definitely not a good idea that early in the game.
As for the pacifist bonuses, I assume you mean the conditions for triggering Kashue's rewards or Phasmatis' rewards? I don't have ConEdit on the laptop, but I can look them up on the other PC if you want.
Yes (for WC). According to the 1.0.1 lognotes it's "40% overall or 25% each level", but totally massacaring lvl 3 is not counted as being violent...
And what secret doors? There is a secret door?!
There are so many secret doors. Starting at the training mission ;). And the most "famous" one is the one for the Narcissus endgame of course!

Also, as usual, updated both posts. Slowly but surely we are getting there someday (writing everything down and reloading to check things take *so* much time...)
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Well Hassat, at the risk of regurgitating the seven year thing, we can a bit for your worthy project to finish. Can't say that helps much but I'm sure lots of people appreciate your endeavour.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Hassat Hunter wrote:However, what qualifies as "hard to find"?
Anything that is not obvious, like said pepper spray(what pepper spray? Argh!) or the Narc events, or the hidden sanctum in the Templae. Things that you are not very likely to notice on your first(or 4th) playthrough :)
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Okay, a quick overview of the lethal/nonlethal dialogue branches in TNM:

The first major one deals with how you've solved the N00B mission: if you've killed either Master_Kale or all the N00Bz, you get the less-than-pleased PM from Phasmatis when you enter the Corporate District, and you don't get a reward from Winquman.

The second one is about how King Kashue and Phasmatis react after the Spyware mission: Kashue gives you extra money if you've killed less than 25% of all characters (not just enemies) in both WorldCorp level 2 and WorldCorp level 3 or (failing that) if you've killed less than 40% of enemies in either WorldCorp level 2 or WorldCorp level 3.

In other words, if you wipe out everybody on level 3, and the total casualties for those two levels equals more than 25%, you will still get a reward as long as you've killed less than 40% of characters on level 2. This isn't a bug so much as a design flaw. If we're going to fix the new DXI crash anyway, I'll consider tweaking this setup again.

The third one determines how King Kashue and Phasmatis react after the ShadowCode mission, based on your collateral in Goat City and the Goat Templae, and it works exact the same way as the WorldCorp one: less than 25% casualties in both levels or less than 40% casualties in either level triggers a reward from Kashue.

The fourth one is about how you handle the DXO mission in the PDX storyline: even if you won't negotiate with TRM, you don't have to kill anybody but him (assuming you can escape the others or manage to knock them out), but certain conversations change if you kill 80% or more of characters in DXO - which corresponds to the four DXO guys, with Kevo being the fifth character in the level. In that case, Evil Invasion won't be terribly pleased with you. It doesn't directly determine which PDX endgame variation you'll get though, that only depends on TRM's death.

The last one happens in ABI when Kylie sends you a PM at the beginning of the labs (the final map in the ABI mission): if you've killed less than 30% of characters (again, not just enemies, so WorldCorp people are counted in the WorldCorp mission as well) in the other three maps - the Exterior, the Interior, and the Ruins - combined, Kylie thinks you're soft. She has four different lines in that PM: killer/pacifist lines for PDX players and killer/pacifist lines for WC players :)

Finally, a few lines change here and there if you complete certain missions without ever getting spotted by an enemy - the most obvious one is Evil Invasion giving you an extra reward for the Black ICE mission if nobody sees you, but Ryan also has an alternate line the first time you meet him which is a real bastard to trigger - you can't let anybody in the ABI labs see you before you talk to him (yeah... I'm not sure it's possible either, but it's there just in case). There are a few more - I'm pretty sure Scara has one for infiltrating PDX, but I can't be arsed looking it up right now. I know some of the bulletins change if you're not spotted, at least the PDX infiltration one is supposed to. If you're not sure when you're detected, it's actually fairly easy to know, because the flag is tied into the function that changes the soundtrack to the combat music, so if the combat track starts playing, you'll know you've blown it :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:so if the combat track starts playing, you'll know you've blown it :P
I've actually had the combat music start just for headshotting someone(no I was not spotted), but had it remain uncombat when shooting a LAW near a WC d00d(he didn't die)
odio ergo sum