A couple of music questions.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Bushwacka
Thug

A couple of music questions.

Post by Bushwacka »

Hi all. I've recently been doing a replay of TNM for the purposes of analysing the music. I just had some queries about a couple of the tracks for anybody in the know.

So far, I don't believe I've come across the track "Slowmotion" being used anywhere in-game. By the name I'm guessing it's got something to do with the bullet time mode. Is this correct?

Also, I'm trying to find all instances where the same track is used in more than one location throughout the game. So far I've noticed that PDX HQ 1 (friendly) is also played in Phas' apartment, and PDX HQ 2 (hostile) is also used in the training level. Are there any other re-uses of music that I've missed?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment. :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: A couple of music questions.

Post by Jonas »

Bushwacka wrote:So far, I don't believe I've come across the track "Slowmotion" being used anywhere in-game. By the name I'm guessing it's got something to do with the bullet time mode. Is this correct?
Yep it's a sound effect used for the unlockable bullet time mode.
Also, I'm trying to find all instances where the same track is used in more than one location throughout the game. So far I've noticed that PDX HQ 1 (friendly) is also played in Phas' apartment, and PDX HQ 2 (hostile) is also used in the training level. Are there any other re-uses of music that I've missed?
Raving's Weapon Shop uses the Corporate sector soundtrack. DX Editing uses the hostile Corporate Sector track if you haven't got the mission from Wolfy, and the DXO soundtrack if you have. The ATC mission in the WC storyline uses the hostile Slums track.

Other than that, of course a lot of locations are split into multiple maps but use the same music, for example PDX HQ 1 and 2, all the official floors of WorldCorp HQ, the Goat City and the Templae™, and some of the DXI maps share soundtracks, but I think that's it :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Bushwacka
Thug

Post by Bushwacka »

Wow, thanks for the swift reply Jonas. :smile:

Thank you for filling me in on those things. I was aware about Raving's using the corporate sector music, by the way - I didn't list it myself as I was just counting the sector itself and all the buildings within it as the same thing really. Same applies for when the same locations are split into several maps. Sorry, I probably should've made myself more clear with that one.

But I do appreciate you clearing up DX Editing though, as that one did leave me a little confused. I'd heard one piece of music on a proper playthrough, yet when I later opened the level manually it wasn't the same track I remembered hearing before. And an additional kudos for pointing out the ATC mission using the slums track, as I haven't reached that point in my current playthrough yet; that's more the kind of thing I was getting at though.

Thanks again Jonas - treat yourself to something pretty! =D>
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Jonas wrote:
Bushwacka wrote:So far, I don't believe I've come across the track "Slowmotion" being used anywhere in-game. By the name I'm guessing it's got something to do with the bullet time mode. Is this correct?
Are you the actual/first creator of Bullet Time in Deus Ex? I seen another mod implement bullet time in their product..Kind of lame if they took elements from your game...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I have no idea and I don't much care - it's kind of like an easter egg in TNM, and it's not really much use except for a quick giggle. I don't remember seeing bullet time in Deus Ex but if another mod has it, they probably did it first. TNM is creative commons so anybody else can take whatever they want from us, long as we're credited. We're all in this for the learning experience and the fun of it, so there's no reason to guard our content as though we were making any money off of it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Undisputed wrote:
Jonas wrote:
Are you the actual/first creator of Bullet Time in Deus Ex? I seen another mod implement bullet time in their product..Kind of lame if they took elements from your game...
Shifter had bullet time which was induced by taking zyme before TNM came out.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Very true Jonas, and wow thats genius Helios..
john2212
Mole Person

Post by john2212 »

I listen to online music a lot and love to listen to music in other languages too. That's why i use bili bili VPN to connect to other countries so that i can get to listen to their newly released music songs.
kaurjenni51
Mole Person

Post by kaurjenni51 »

"Stamp paper online has truly streamlined legal processes. Now, shifting gears to music—what's your go-to song for lifting your spirits? And do you prefer the raw energy of live performances or the polished perfection of studio recordings? Let's strike a harmonious chord in both legal and musical realms!"