Fun secrets in TNM

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

milleniumbug
Mole Person

Fun secrets in TNM

Post by milleniumbug »

The first time I played TNM, I went to the elevator, Phas was telling me "my apartment is on the 4th floor on the right". And then I pressed the button went to the 4th floor and forgot everything he told me. So I turned to the left -
Phas: No, your OTHER right.
I liked it so much - dev team thinks of everything.

In my second playthrough I went to all the floors. And then I was suprised that dev team thought of that too:
Phas: You're on wrong floor, I'm on the fourth floor.
Phas: WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I'M ON THE FOURTH FLOOR.

In tutorial when you are making molotov cocktails you can instead drink the wine and don't make them - Phas comments on that too:
Phas: Always happy to fuel your alcoholism.

You can kill Scara - and Narcissus will comment on that.

The dialogue with KK about pool in the office is so funny :D

Seriously this game is so rewarding!
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Fun secrets in TNM

Post by Trestkon »

We did spent rather an obscene amount of time trying to account for odd gameplay choices. Glad you're enjoying it!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

milleniumbug wrote:Snip
Yes I too am very impressed with the amount of reactions to player decisions the devs came up with. But other than my issue I posted in another thread there is one inconsistency I found- in the starting hub I straight away killed the Goats and the one Llama they had hostage. Later I arrived at the temple and the guard who I'd never met before initiated a conversation with me about fucking up the Llama rescue as if we had talked before, as if he assigned me the mission beforehand.

Just a minor bug report I have a small bit of experience with modding so I understand (well barely, it is rediculously complex) the amount of work that this requires. heck even DX itself has an inconsistancy ("OMG DADDY!" "What a shame")
i think Warren Spector would be proud of this awesome mod. Thats a good point, has he played it? I sure hope he has...

Bit off topic there so ill add some not-so-secret secrets

- Its hilarious many NPCs react to you swimming in the sewers by constantly telling you you stink, eventually Phas gives you the key to his apartment to use his shower (if you do not take a shower elsewhere beforehand I assume).

- The secret ending if you kill Scara early.

- EMP Pistol laser projectile bouncing off mirrors, and the red dot sight red tinted scope

- The security guard who tells you about his book which you can later find and read.

- "This is not Fantasia, the broom is not gonna clean the floor itself" & "Its locked, try an ATM?"

- The secret room in the training "What? Who was you expecting, Jaime Reyes?" then he continues to make fun of you I cant remember exactly.

- The various PC gamer articles are great.

- Some NPCs actually react to theft.

- Some improved enemy combat AI (I think)

- Sheldon Paccoti camo (that his real voice?)

- Just all the details and content in general is fascinating. Surpasses even the great DX in that aspect I think?

- When upgrading weapons skills you get +4% accuracy at trained instead of +5% like vanilla DX. Not sure of the math for each level here have not reached master lvl yet, or even if I am correct at all on this one.

- Much fewer accuracy weapon mods to be found than in DX (not sure if I like or despise this, I like the idea of less but there seems to be too few)

- The Shadowcode bit with his constant references. It was cool, it was unique, & it was trippy. I reckon it would be tedious on a second playthrough though, but ill just side with worldcorp and hopefully avoid it. It was awesome though.

- Nosferatu (rediculous amount of references in TNM)

- So much reaction to player decisions, even my mass murder playstyle which often gets overlooked in most games it seems.

-The text description of the firestaff. LOL.

- TNM needs an upgradable inventory! Just one column costing 2000 credits available halfway through the game, give Trestkon an invisible fanny pack or something in 1.0.5!!! Or deeper Pockets.

OP- no need for spoiler tags in here.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Hey so uh... I dunno if this is relevant to you or you're more interested in story driven secrets and easter eggs but I'll tell you anyway:

there's some secret caches in my levels the other devs probably still don't know about. Sometimes I made caches in really complex areas in the editors just to hide them from my teammates and players.

I'm such a got'damn trickster! :mrgreen:

Or, they've been slowly but surely weeded out in patches by some party poopers.
Novaci
Thug

Post by Novaci »

I'm amazing at necromancy, but I like this mod and I wanna post on its damn forums so necromancy it is. I really love all the secret stuff you guys put in, from the entire Narcissus Entity and all of its flags to summon jonas, summon phasmatis and summon winquman as well as the rest of all the secret cheats and whatnot. Kudos to you all for making it damn impossible for me to actually break something =D>
I'm Novaci/Daniel, teenager, lazy, professional Necromancer.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey, with as little activity as there is here these days, necroposting is inevitable and maybe even kind of a good thing :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ZeroDyne
Mole Person

Post by ZeroDyne »

3 years necro :D =D>
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well... it can be a good thing, if you contribute with something :roll:
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

ZeroPresence wrote:Hey so uh... I dunno if this is relevant to you or you're more interested in story driven secrets and easter eggs but I'll tell you anyway:

there's some secret caches in my levels the other devs probably still don't know about. Sometimes I made caches in really complex areas in the editors just to hide them from my teammates and players.

I'm such a got'damn trickster! :mrgreen:

Or, they've been slowly but surely weeded out in patches by some party poopers.
Would you mind telling us which levels are yours, since we don't know which ones are who's? :D (at least I don't)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Off the top of my head, Zero made the following levels from scratch:
  • Downtown District
  • WorldCorp HQ (all floors including sublevel)
  • Old Server Complex
  • New Server Complex
  • Llama Temple (IIRC - not entirely sure)
  • DXI Ruins (the other DXI maps were Beeblequix's)
  • Slum Sewers
  • Aunt Betty Industries (exterior, interior, and ruins - I think someone else did the secret labs)
He worked on some other maps too, mostly for polish, because he was our best environment artist. I think he ended up redoing all or most of Raving's Weapon Shop, and... Sol's Bar too?

I may have left some out. It's been a while :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine