Giant Printers Only Print a Single E-Mail

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Brad Denton
Thug

Giant Printers Only Print a Single E-Mail

Post by Brad Denton »

This is an aspect about TNM which drives me crazy. I like being able to print out all the emails of all the characters of all factions, that way I feel thorough in my investigation. However, the giant mass printers in PDX and DXI, despite being bigger than the regular printers, are shoddy when it comes to printing multiple emails. I don't even see the sheets of paper: just single invisible sheet indicated by the selector brackets, and nothing else.

Was thing intentional? Or is it difficult to get those giant printer models to print out emails like the other printers do? Just seems odd to me that I can only get a selection of one email printout on a printer that should print out more.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Giant Printers Only Print a Single E-Mail

Post by Jonas »

Dude there are in-game printers that you can use to print emails! Stop looking the awesome feature gift horse in the mouth!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Brad Denton
Thug

Post by Brad Denton »

Jonas wrote:Dude there are in-game printers that you can use to print emails! Stop looking the awesome feature gift horse in the mouth!
I... don't really understand your reply. I was talking about in-game printers throughout my whole post. Two of the in-game printers, the mass printers in PDX and DXI, don't print much in comparison to the other in-game printers, and they're the only printers available in those maps. That's all I meant.

You didn't think that I was talking about real-life printers, were you?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No. Are you familiar with the expression "don't look the gift horse in the mouth"?

Don't complain, just be impressed and excited that this feature exists, because it's kind of esoteric and just represents the fact that we spent 7 years putting cool little things into the game for you to find and play around with.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Brad Denton
Thug

Post by Brad Denton »

Jonas wrote:No. Are you familiar with the expression "don't look the gift horse in the mouth"?

Don't complain, just be impressed and excited that this feature exists, because it's kind of esoteric and just represents the fact that we spent 7 years putting cool little things into the game for you to find and play around with.
I was just confused by your response. My fault.

I'm not complaining. I was just curious why the Network printers in-game printed things out differently from the regular printers. Believe me, I commend you and your team for working all those years to put awesome features like printing in DX1.... I'm just compulsive about printing things out completely! I need help! :)
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Perhaps this will clarify things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0hDorkxAPM
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

that guy wrote:Perhaps this will clarify things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0hDorkxAPM
:mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine