The Cassandra Project in Connection with TNM

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Brad Denton
Thug

The Cassandra Project in Connection with TNM

Post by Brad Denton »

I recently got to play the demo for The Cassandra Project, and I loved it. It may have been incomplete, but I found it inspired, and it was fun to play (you have to play through the training mission in order to get any action). I totally see The Cassandra Project as precursor to The Nameless Mod, with the humor, the weapons, and, of course, The Narcissus Entity. I just loved how the symbol of The Cassandra Project is transformed into the symbol for the Help Line / Narcissus Entity in The Nameless Mod. There were things in The Cassandra Project that I wish was used in other mods, such as the lockpick and multitool with infinite uses, the Ninja ability (where you can walk normally without anyone hearing you), the combining of the strength and hand fiber augs, and, my favorite weapons, the tazer darts and the sleep gas grenades. Still, I'm glad The Nameless Mod went into the direction that it did. I also noticed that The Nameless Mod borrowed the "play nice with us or die" subplot from Neuromancer, which was also nice.

It would be awesome to see The Cassandra Project's content recreated for The Nameless Mod. The characters of that mod would fit very well in TNM's universe. It's a shame the mod can't be finished. I think the design document is available somewhere out there in cyberspace, like in the TTLG forums.

Did any of the Cassandra Project developers work on TNM?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: The Cassandra Project in Connection with TNM

Post by Jonas »

No we didn't have any of the Cassandra guys on the team. We'd have been happy to have them, since TCP was great, but they'd all moved on.

We did get to use some of their props though, like the bonsai tree :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine