Aug under goat temple - am I there too early?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Patrick
Thug

Aug under goat temple - am I there too early?

Post by Patrick »

Ok, so I'm backing the Llamas, and I went off to find this underground server base in goat city. But whilst I was poking around, I found a datacube/email/something that tipped me off about a lost aug under the GOAT templae in a melk cave.

One massive slaughter* later and I'm at a dead end. The temple gardens have infinite-strength exits and I get a certain vibe like I'm meant to be there for a proper mission later. I clipped about, and the aug is there, but it just seems I can't get at it. It's regen as well, which I *really* want.

So, am I just too early?

*I don't play as a gunner, but I got pissed off trying to explore whilst sneaking and used the black hole bomb. there's sporks everywhere

edit: MUMBLE MUMBLE unbroken record of cocking up key descriptors
Last edited by Patrick on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Aug under goat temple - am I there too early?

Post by Trestkon »

Patrick wrote:Ok, so I'm backing the Llamas, and I went off to find this underground server base in goat city. But whilst I was poking around, I found a datacube/email/something that tipped me off about a lost aug under the llama temple in a melk cave.
I assume you mean under the GOAT Templae? You will indeed be coming back later for a mission (when you'll be able to pass those locked doors), but you can also find the aug right now. It's a bit tricky, but explore the garden, you might find an interesting button near a fountain...
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

I'm at the bit where I have to get into the Melk Caverns and I cannot find a switch near the fountain. Been running around the Garden for about 30mins now...I hope it's not bleeding obvious! :o

And heh, Whilst swimming in the pools with the Fish I'm sure a quote flashed by saying "Lmao just push the switch". :P
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

It's on a side of one of the lanterns. But seriously, there's no way to find such things without having a hint or being a maniac who likes to inspect every pixel on the map.
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

Cheers jellyfish! Who would've thought. :o
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

jellyfish wrote:But seriously, there's no way to find such things without having a hint or being a maniac who likes to inspect every pixel on the map.
Good thing it's entirely optional and that the aug in question also appears two other places in the mod then, isn't it?

Also, need I remind you of the collapsed Canal Road in Hong Kong in Deus Ex? That was pretty hard to find too if you ask me.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

True, but there you see a vent shaft in the freezer and all you have to do from there is follow it. Whenever you see something interesting you investigate it. Now what's the incentive in investigating lanterns in the garden? Now if there would be some NPC somewhere mumbling about "Goat is guarding a secret" then it would be different, but there isn't ... right?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Uh, did you read the original post?
Patrick wrote:But whilst I was poking around, I found a datacube/email/something that tipped me off about a lost aug under the GOAT templae in a melk cave.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

Woopsie, it slipped my mind :oops:
mufasa
Mole Person

Post by mufasa »

I still cant seem to find this, can anyone post a picture?
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Well, that's made me feel stupid. There's a button? I was just wandering round strength-auging statues into the swimming pools and found it by accident!
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
mufasa
Mole Person

Post by mufasa »

Opps. Finally found it, now just need to get it installed!