I accidently made both the Goats and the Llamas my enemies

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

ZIGS
NSF

I accidently made both the Goats and the Llamas my enemies

Post by ZIGS »

I gave the fake plans to the Goat Leader and before I went to Abomination to reveal the location of the Goat City, I decided to check out the city first. Then I went back to Abom and he's hostile towards me: Can't join the Goats either because when I enter the door behind the 00n mart (to dot the shadowcode quest) I get a PM from the Goat leader saying the plans I gave him are fake and that now the Goats are my enemies. How can I fix this so I can join either one?
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Re: I accidently made both the Goats and the Llamas my enemies

Post by chris the cynic »

Why join them? They're both jerks.

More seriously, until Jonas comes here and tells you which flags to move, you're just going to have to load a save from earlier. Abom wants you to come and tell him the way to the city as soon as you know it (In other words, don't check out Goat City first.) Dark Templar wants the real plans.

Give one of them what they want (but not both) and you will have joined.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You can't. I think this is a bug - there are a couple of issues with that whole mission, we're gonna give it a long hard look after we've figured out what's up with all the crashes you guys are getting.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ZIGS
NSF

Post by ZIGS »

So, can I just waste them all?
xcomcmdr
Thug

Post by xcomcmdr »

I did it too. But I find it quite logical considering what I've done (accidently.. In fact, it seems I did as the OP did) :
1. Joined the Lamas
2.Gave fake plan from the Lamas to the Goat leader (or whatever guy it was in the voodoo shop), and he gave me directions to the Goat City
3.Entered Goat City, and didn't return to Abomination to report it (secondary goal)
4.Entered the backdoor of "00n mart", wich leads to ShadowCode's lair ('cause I didn't want to report, and 'cause ShadowCode's lair seems like as fun as a theme park ruled by a dungeon keeper).
While I approach to talk to the Man in Black, the Abomination swears to kill me (because I've joined the Goats or something. Hey, 3000 credits that's cool). Then the other guy from the Goat people swears it too (he had discovered that the plans were fake).

I find it loling, logical, great (RPG-wize), and thrilling.

If it's a bug, I love it. ^_^

I can't be a bug, can it ?
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

xcomcmdr wrote:I did it too. But I find it quite logical considering what I've done (accidently.. In fact, it seems I did as the OP did) :
1. Joined the Lamas
2.Gave fake plan from the Lamas to the Goat leader (or whatever guy it was in the voodoo shop), and he gave me directions to the Goat City
3.Entered Goat City, and didn't return to Abomination to report it (secondary goal)
4.Entered the backdoor of "00n mart", wich leads to ShadowCode's lair ('cause I didn't want to report, and 'cause ShadowCode's lair seems like as fun as a theme park ruled by a dungeon keeper).
While I approach to talk to the Man in Black, the Abomination swears to kill me (because I've joined the Goats or something. Hey, 3000 credits that's cool). Then the other guy from the Goat people swears it too (he had discovered that the plans were fake).

I find it loling, logical, great (RPG-wize), and thrilling.

If it's a bug, I love it. ^_^

I can't be a bug, can it ?
I did the same thing, but Abomination did not not flip out on me. Weird.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

What xcom described wasn't a bug, that's how it's supposed to go if you act that way. But there are quite a few different ways through that mission (it has to account for different combinations of doing people's objectives, betraying them, plus it has to account for killing either DT or Abom at any point before, during, or after the mission), so it's pretty complicated all-around. I thought I'd squished all the bugs in the logic here, but I guess not.

I've fixed an issue where Abom turns on you with no explanation if you visit the Goat City before giving him the location - now you'll have to go all the way to the server complex before he gets mad, and then he'll send you a PM and everything so you know what's going on.

Now to fix a bug where apparently Dark Templar doesn't spawn in Goat City as he's supposed to.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Yavin1v
Mole Person

Post by Yavin1v »

What if i take the fake plans from abom, but then give the real plans to the goats ?
will that make both of them friendly to me?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No, taking the fake plans from Abom will mean nothing if you give the real plans to DT. You can play both sides by giving the real plans to DT but then telling Abomination where the Goat City is afterwards, or you can play no sides by giving fake plans to DT and then not telling Abom where the Goat City is before you go there (note that's a bug, after the patch you'll have to actually go all the way down to the server complex without telling Abom about Goat City before he gets pissed). But either way, they will both realize what you've done and turn hostile to you. Either you choose sides, or you make enemies of both of them.

This ain't no Invisible War ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Zulu-Echo14
Mole Person

Post by Zulu-Echo14 »

What I would like to know is how Abom know's where in goat city if he doesn't know where it is?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

His spies saw you entering or something. Don't think too hard about it ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I bet he didn't trust you, so he had you followed. :P
TheD
Mole Person

Post by TheD »

I also wondered if it's intentional, or a bug, that Abom turned hostile, with no explanation, when I (only) entered goat city without telling him about the entrance first. Good to know, that it's a bug in the logic of the mission.

It's perfectly understandable that he'd be hostile if one joined the goats.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

My original plan with the cults was to enter Goat City to 'spy' on them, join for the 3000 credits, slaughter them all immediately after, and then report my actions to Abom. If he knew about my joining of the goats I'd claim to be using subterfuge and taking advantage to them, and then offer their credits as a donation to keep him happy.(potentially lying about the amount so that I could keep some.)
At least that's how it was supposed to work in my head.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm afraid Abomination isn't quite that reasonable.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine