Beefman's forcefield

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

yns88
Thug

Beefman's forcefield

Post by yns88 »

I'm on the mission to kill beefman, but I'm unable to do so because of that pesky forcefield. I'm pretty sure the keypad outside deactivates it, but I've searched the whole temple and haven't found the combo anywhere. I even ghosted to see if there were any secret rooms I missed, but no luck.

Also, I think there's a bug with the cameras there. When I hack Abom's security console and try to deactivate the cameras, they just come right back online again.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Beefman's forcefield

Post by Trestkon »

yns88 wrote:I'm on the mission to kill beefman, but I'm unable to do so because of that pesky forcefield. I'm pretty sure the keypad outside deactivates it, but I've searched the whole temple and haven't found the combo anywhere. I even ghosted to see if there were any secret rooms I missed, but no luck.

Also, I think there's a bug with the cameras there. When I hack Abom's security console and try to deactivate the cameras, they just come right back online again.
Actually, you have to blow up the turrets, the keypad is related to something else. We've now decided that it makes no logical sense it will be rather hard to figure out so we're going to add a datapad with some info to Patch 1.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
yns88
Thug

Post by yns88 »

Yeah, I would have never figured that out. Destroying turrets really isn't something you'd naturally do because it's kind of a waste of expensive ammunition when you can just run past them or deactivate them.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

yns88 wrote:Yeah, I would have never figured that out. Destroying turrets really isn't something you'd naturally do because it's kind of a waste of expensive ammunition when you can just run past them or deactivate them.
Definitely a bit of an oversight on our part. For some reason we assumed that everyone would destroy them.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I think Jonas thought that disabling the turrets was impossible, I would have thought he would have made it impossible when he found out it wasn't already.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Unfortunately there is no such property in the turrets, so we'd have had to replace them with our own class (which is used in very few places) and then modify that class so you could make it unhackable. Easier to add a datascreen about destroying them.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine