Wiki

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Rex
Silhouette

Re: Wiki

Post by Rex »

Well thank you.. today i'm doing rest so: Black ice, Despot, RAving, Ryan, Steve Tack, Slicer, Silver Dragon, Shadowcore, That Guy(can we actualy meet HIM not hologram?), Narcissus, TRM, Winx, Wolfy.
Uploading the pictures taht already are in low resolution would be gay-like perfectionism. (but if you want i can make this too :lol: )
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Rex wrote:(can we actualy meet HIM not hologram?)
no, we cannot. and good work on the pictures btw :P
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

And can we meet despot not as blue karkian?

Ok: uploading this listed pics, only black ice and shadowcode don't made yet, i'm to lazy.. em, i mean:too busy now. >:D
Edit: Done.. check out if all is right, someone please.

ed2:GOD! My net crashed, and i couldn't enter wiki. I thought "ohhh fuck, now i will be very rembered part of community"
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Rex wrote:And can we meet despot not as blue karkian?
Nope.

I'll look through your new stuff when I find the time.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I looked through it, it seemed alright, but then my standards are not very high :P
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:I looked through it, it seemed alright, but then my standards are not very high :P
Agreed to both :smile:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
PleegWat
NSF

Post by PleegWat »

TG can be seen as non-hologram in the WC ending.

If you don't want to put despot up as a karkian (not sure what the spoiler status of the wiki is) maybe use his PM icon (static)?
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Well if jonas checks my stuff i will be a lot more calm about it..

Yes i saw tg in wc ending but was asking about game, screens are usualy ingame not ending, but i didn't know if he maybe appear in wc storyline.

I gave despot karkian screen, it is written in wiki that he is so lazy so he uses karkian mesh. There are warnings of wiki contaning spoilers.

Also, i will write admin soon.

Alright: http://thenamelessmod.com/wiki/Admin

Thanks for editing tons of typos on admin article. :))

Shadowcode now have image, black ice - no image because static looks rather bad on screen(and it's just icon, shadowcode actualy got face).

btw: I can make weapon screens, if this is any help. :smile:
btw2: someone break this silence, silence is very bad.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Weapons are good!

I already tried some, but dropped them on the HTTP (blue background), which kind of sucked (so never uploaded any). I would advise a white background, like ABI for picturemaking.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Rex wrote:Shadowcode now have image, black ice - no image because static looks rather bad on screen(and it's just icon, shadowcode actualy got face).
Actually, BlackIce *does* have a face. If you find him in Worldcorp you can talk to him, he's a rather generic looking head on a monitor :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

http://thenamelessmod.com/wiki/Image:NoWeapon.png - :lol: Some weps screens obviously missing.

OoOoOo.. thanks for the tip, i will search for him and screen him.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I have an idea for the wiki that would involve dumping massive amounts of text onto it in a non-traditional format, I'd like to know what people think of it and, if people think it is a good idea, what the best way to go about doing it is.

The idea is that for any given page on the wiki in addition to having the normal page you would have a reference page one click away. The reference page would just be a collection of all text relevant to the subject of the page. So, for example, Despot's reference page would have what Despot wrote (a diary and an email as I recall), what Despot said, what has been written about Despot, and what is said about Despot.

The idea being that you'd have a quick reference and quoting guide.

The upside is that we get an impressive resource and no one needs to write anything for it (it just involves cutting and pasting), the downside is that it would require putting just about every word in TNM on the wiki much of it more than once (most of the stuff relevant to the Goat Cult would also be relevant to the Llama Cult, and some of it goes with Athena and so on) as well as the fact that branching dialogue, meaningful choices and two entirely different story lines make it more complex than cutting and pasting would normally be.

So, good idea, horrendous idea? Thoughts?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Sounds like a plan, as long as the wiki can handle it(I assume it can) and I don't have to do the work. Hey, don't judge me, I'm busy with the wikipedia draft :)

I know the fallout wiki just copy pasted the dialogue files from game 1&2, so... actually I forgot my point.
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yes it does sound like a good idea but it does also sound like a lot of work.An anthology ?Excuse my ignorance if that term is not relevant.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

I don't really think this is a good idea... but about coping words, jonas made talks, maybe he have script of all messages and dialogues.