Wiki

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: Wiki

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Now I am curious what you've hidden. It's probably all dirty smut I could use for blackmailing :evil:.

Anyway, for links:
[[Category:Charcters]] makes it part of that category.
[[:Category:Characters]] adds a link to said catagory.
[[Alpha Operator]] links to a individual page.
[[Alpha Operator|AO]] links to Alpha Operator but writes down AO in the blue.

That's about it I think :D.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

If you've just made a page that is not finished, or you come across a page that clearly needs more work but is not yet labeled as a work in progress, add {{stub}} to the page. That will mark it as a work in progress.
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

See what happen to such good site when rookies atempt to edit it? Anyway thanks for adding category chris.
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Rex wrote:See what happen to such good site when rookies atempt to edit it? Anyway thanks for adding category chris.
The rookies learn and become valued members of the community?
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:
Rex wrote:See what happen to such good site when rookies atempt to edit it? Anyway thanks for adding category chris.
The rookies learn and become valued members of the community?
Some do,some of us stay on the sidelines yelling "Go Team" :smile:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Ehm.. i don't realy think my first article was good before chris and jonas editing.
Anyway, i'm making other one(forgive me load of work you will have to do with it :lol: ), but i have a problem(not big suprise;P)
how to add this box at down of paga "Categories: Something, Something2" ?

And one more: do characters need screens? I mean, most of them don't have one. I can make them.

ed: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3541/39436184.jpg - ok to add?
Last edited by Rex on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Rex wrote:Ehm.. i don't realy think my first article was good before chris and jonas editing.
Anyway, i'm making other one(forgive me load of work you will have to do with it :lol: )
No problem, it's way less intellectually demanding to touch up an existing article than to begin one. Well, it is to me.
how to add this box at down of paga "Categories: Something, Something2" ?
As Hassat said right up there:

[[Category:Characters]]

Just add as many of those as you need beneath each other at the bottom of the article, and it'll turn them into a nice box with a list.
And one more: do characters need screens? I mean, most of them don't have one. I can make them.
That would be cool. You can use the same format as Kylie's:
http://thenamelessmod.com/wiki/Kylie_Griffin
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Check the link in my last post, i just edited it:P. Also it's almost midnight so i'm going to do some screens right now and add them tomorow.
No problem, it's way less intellectually demanding to touch up an existing article than to begin one. Well, it is to me.
When you begin from zero, you can't fall lower. So new article is safer. :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Just publish it. There's no need to ask.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

It's a wiki, the entire point of it is that everyone can contribute without going through the approval phase of it, to make it go faster. You know, for the community by the community. What I'm saying is; please edit the wiki as much as you like, we need more people improving it, and all new pages and images is improvement imo :P
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Rex you are braver then me doing that. I take my hat off to you sir :smile:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Got 19 screens yet, tommorow i'm going to take rest.
And about ghand's screen: http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/225/ghand.jpg - his neckle, is this normal or it's just me?
My first image on wiki is up! =D> Now i'm uploading and adding other 17(i'm not sure if ghand got bug with texture so i'll left him).

17 uploaded.. ghand and firewall officer not(uploaded normal firewall).
List:
A2, Abomination, Andreus, Alpha Operator, Athena, Beeblequix, Beefman, DarkTemplar, Firewall, Glottis, Jimmycracker, Jonas, KunioKun, NVSHacker, OiNutter, Pimp-Jojo, Yardbomb.
Jonas, or anyone who know wiki, please go check this articles to see if I didn't fucked up something by my editing.
Last edited by Rex on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Rex wrote:And about ghand's screen: http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/225/ghand.jpg - his neckle, is this normal or it's just me?
That's normal, it's a bug in the way that model was UV mapped, so it can't be helped.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Good, then i'm uploading Ghand too.

Oh dear, most powerful wiki-editor Jonas, spare a moment from your very very busy life to check the wiki articles...
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Woo! Awesome job uploading those pictures, Rex :D It's been bugging me for a while that they were missing.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis