Phasmatis.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

JMAN
Mole Person

Phasmatis.

Post by JMAN »

Alright I feel kinda stupid cause I can't figure this out. I'm with world corp now and I've been sent to kill Phasmatis. I read in the wiki that it is impossible to succeed in this mission and I figured that out myself when I used my vortex grenade on him. Also everything else. I have managed to glean some information from the forums that there's some trick to beating this part. I can't exactly remember where it was but I got it from searching "world corp". So can someone give me a clue please? Or do I have to start over?
jellyfish
NSF

Re: Phasmatis.

Post by jellyfish »

Don't worry, just go ahead and talk to him ;)

I mean without making him hostile first.

P.S. why people create complications when there were none to begin with :-k
Last edited by jellyfish on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

When you fail, your goal should be updated to say, "Run away, tell Scara this is impossible."
(Not the actual goal text, but you get the idea.)
JMAN
Mole Person

Post by JMAN »

Um, he's hostile when I open the door, I've tried coming in with weapons holstered and letting him shoot me a bit too. Oh well, I'll go see if I have a save game from just before that. Thanks though.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hm! Maybe he... somehow detects the corpses of the security guards downstairs through all those levels of floor (thank you, DX AI). Go on, admit it: You totally killed those guards.

I'm easing up on his AI settings so this shouldn't happen after the patch.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JMAN
Mole Person

Post by JMAN »

If I destroy the security guard bodies think he might go easy on me? Also I went into the legend menu and tried to invoke the killphas convo but that didn't do anything. I'll just fiddle around and see if I can fix things, if not I'll just start over.
You shouldn't make those guards so durn tempting to kill.
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

If you made him hostile by attacking then moving the bodies won't do anything.
JMAN
Mole Person

Post by JMAN »

I loaded a file from before scara gave me the kill phas objective, nothing so far has worked, I'm just gonna start over.
JMAN
Mole Person

Post by JMAN »

Well, I have a very confusing story. I was messing around with phasmatis in his apartment. I used the set Phasmatis alliance player command on him and that didn't work. So I ran to the elevator and he followed me in. I immediately ran out and pressed a button at random. I decided to see what he would do on another floor so I followed him down. I reached the first floor and opened the elevator door and for some reason Phasmatis had decided to be friendly. Problem is solved. I don't know why but whatever.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

That's certainly interesting O_o

But hopefully with my AI tweaks, this shouldn't happen again.

Man, we could've used all you guys during the beta testing :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Jonas wrote:Hm! Maybe he... somehow detects the corpses of the security guards downstairs through all those levels of floor (thank you, DX AI). Go on, admit it: You totally killed those guards.
I always waste the Security guards after i get some weapons. So i doubt its because there lying dead on the first floor. I don't see how anyone can resist killing them.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Heheh that's what they're there for. Have you heard the conversation between the two guards in the security room? :P

Their purpose in life is to be killed or knocked out so the player can get a pistol.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Fletchreborn
Mole Person

Post by Fletchreborn »

JMAN wrote:Well, I have a very confusing story. I was messing around with phasmatis in his apartment. I used the set Phasmatis alliance player command on him and that didn't work. So I ran to the elevator and he followed me in. I immediately ran out and pressed a button at random. I decided to see what he would do on another floor so I followed him down. I reached the first floor and opened the elevator door and for some reason Phasmatis had decided to be friendly. Problem is solved. I don't know why but whatever.
I tried that but unfortuantley it didnt work :(
please don't tell me I have to reload, becuase I think he's still annoyed from me smashing his tv at the beginning of the game :(
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Summon phasmatis

Problem solved.
Fletchreborn
Mole Person

Post by Fletchreborn »

clever can I summon the office guy called Mr Clark in a similar way to get the raising clearance conversation?
if so whats his summon code