Is there a way to not join one of the cults?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Zulu-Echo14
Mole Person

Is there a way to not join one of the cults?

Post by Zulu-Echo14 »

Or have one as an enemy, I don't want to side with any of them, they're all nuts.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: Is there a way to not join one of the cults?

Post by JC_Helios »

You can slaughter them both if you wish... Not sure if you can gain access to the Goat Leader without the llama mission. You'll also be missing out on A LOT of money, and the occasional high quality aug(power/synth heart), aug upgrade, weapon mods.

I'm not sure about the Goats, but when Trestkon works for the llamas it largely consists of him 'playing' beefman by acting all respectful while also constantly telling him to cut the crap and give him his reward. If you want no cult to win, there's prolly nothing stopping you from slaughtering your former employers after they are done giving you missions.
Zulu-Echo14
Mole Person

Post by Zulu-Echo14 »

Thing is, I don't want to slaughter anybody, but if I give abomonation the location to the goat city, the goats come after me, if I don't, abomonation finds out I'm in goat city somehow and the llamas become my enemy.
Well, if I really do miss out a lot then which should I choose? Which are the least threatning and who gives me more money and augs?
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

I've only sided with the llamas so far and they seem pretty hostile. ( Abom, The secret datapad in his office, "Go kick in some goat skulls brother trestkon", etc.)

The goats seem more.... like a cult. Talking about peace, and love, and shit. Save your game and enter goat city(without talking to Abom), go to the Goat Templae, listen to Oinutter's sermon all the way through.(be sure and read the first part of his notes too.) Then reload and make your decision... Note that if you gave fake plans to DT the goats aren't going to like you for long, not sure about real plans/llamas.

Rewards: (commas= after doing another mission)
Llama: 2000 creds for join, 1000 and an aug(synth/power), maybe some more credits an aug upgrade and two weapon mods (weap mods aren't there, will be in the new patch)
Goat: I know Oinutter offers 3000 for joining
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

The easiest way to not side with them is to do nothing for them. Give DT fake plans, never talk to Abom again. That will, quite naturally, piss them both off. Which brings us to the next point, you can't remain neutral to the cults, either you will be on their side, or they will hate you.

There will always be one that hates you, there can be two.

That said, neutral is a relative term. Once you get out of Goat City if you ignore them they tend to ignore you. The hatred that they feel for you is nothing compared to that which they feel for each other and thus you are probably quite low on their hit lists.
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

I think Llama's give more money, but goats have much cooler place and their leader also treats you with much more respect. Augs are the same, it's just that Llama's give you one as a reward while when allied with goats you get an access to the map which contains one as a loot.

Edit:
JC_Helios wrote:Goat: I know Oinutter offers 3000 for joining
Bugger, I guess then you don't get more money from llama's.
Last edited by jellyfish on Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

jellyfish wrote:I think Llama's give more money, but goats have much cooler place and their leader also treats you with much more respect. Augs are the same, it's just that Llama's give you one as a reward while when allied with goats you get an access to the map which contains one as a loot.
llamas go there for a mission, and at least from the 2000 llama join, 3000 goat join I figured goats gave more money?
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

Yeah, screw the Llama's, goats are now my friends forever [-(
Zulu-Echo14
Mole Person

Post by Zulu-Echo14 »

Well then I guess if I need to side with one crazy *** cult, the goats are the best choice I have.

Crap, I forgot, I gave them the false schematics, does this mean I'll have to start all over again?
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

If you have a save before giving DT the plans, then use that. If you have one before going to Goat city load that, and settle for the llamas. Silently kill DTso he can never PM you about them being fake? (I highly doubt this would work)

Use the legend cheat, choose "edit flags", look for for something mentioning spork, plans, real/fake. Set the fake flag to false and real flag to true?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I don't recommend messing with the flags.

Remember you don't have to side with anybody, just go to Goat City and proceed with your mission, staunchly ignoring Abomination. You can kill Dark Templar if you like, then you won't get an angry PM from him for obvious reasons (knocking him out doesn't work at the moment but has been fixed for 1.0.1), but either way the Goats will still hate you for giving them the fake plans.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

But if you don't side with anybody then you don't get their missions/rewards, do you?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well no. Obviously not :P

But if you don't like any of the cults, why work for them? Far better to break into their bases, kill them all, and just take their stuff.

Sure you won't get the skillpoints, but you'll get the satisfaction of knowing you didn't sell out.

Also, killing all the goat leaders gives you a special denouement scene, so I'd do that just to check it out.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

You can get the 3000 credits from OiNutter before DT figures out that the plans are fake - he only figures that out once you go to the ancient city. ;)

As for the aug and whatever missions, well, I guess you lose those. I went the true neutral path myself and deliberately helped neither faction - got fake plans, didn't telling abombination where the city was, so both factions hate me, but I did it intentionally.