Stuck in Aunt Betty Industries

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

elkston
Thug

Stuck in Aunt Betty Industries

Post by elkston »

It looks like I am very close to the space shuttle area. I've reached a long bay underground with a bright, colorful "Leviathan" robot. Past him are several barricades of World Corp/ABI soldiers. I fought through the barricades and have come to a large hanger door that is closed shut with no opening mechanism.

What do I do here? Do I have to log onto the computer near the robot or something? I don't have the hacking skill to break into it, nor do I have the login/pw.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Stuck in Aunt Betty Industries

Post by Jonas »

There are two different places to find the login/password for the computer.

One of them is very near the bot itself.

BTW, by taking out all those guards, not only did you waste precious ammo, you also cheated yourself of one of the most badass scripted sequences in the game :(
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
elkston
Thug

Post by elkston »

Jonas wrote: BTW, by taking out all those guards, not only did you waste precious ammo, you also cheated yourself of one of the most badass scripted sequences in the game :(

That's OK. I save in multiple slots all the time, so I'm going to turn back the clock and do things differently.

I figured I was missing something crucial because there didn't seem to be any alternate route to avoid combat. Being railroaded into using so much force was not typical of TNM or Deus Ex.
The_lone1
Mole Person

Post by The_lone1 »

I happened to be fortunate enough to have watched leviathan do his thing, but now, I'm stuck. The only two places I can think to go are the green bulkhead past leviathan, and the loading bay. However, I cannot find any way of opening either of these. Have I missed something really obvious? (Or is it because L got stuck around the corner from the bulkhead?)
?For we will fly on silver angel wings,
And weave such dreams as to want of sleep forever?
~Ablativelove
(Yep, that's my account over at devart)
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Jonas wrote: BTW, by taking out all those guards, not only did you waste precious ammo, you also cheated yourself of one of the most badass scripted sequences in the game :(
Meh. Milbot vs milbot is very boring to watch, since they don't shoot tracers and take forever to die. It's 30 seconds of two robots staring at each other making noises and then one blows up.
Scene could've done with less milbots and more guys on foot to try attacking the Leviathan with the flamethrower and setting their teammates on fire. :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The_lone1 wrote:Have I missed something really obvious? (Or is it because L got stuck around the corner from the bulkhead?)
It got stuck!? God dammit, that shouldn't be possible, I tested it so many times in a row and nothing bad happened, I really thought we'd eliminated the last problems. God damn that stupid Unreal path finding.

I guess you'll have to type 'ghost', fly through the bulkhead, and type 'walk' on the other side. Might want to 'tantalus' the milbot on the other side first though :(
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Jetsetlemming wrote:Milbot vs milbot is very boring to watch, since they don't shoot tracers and take forever to die. It's 30 seconds of two robots staring at each other making noises and then one blows up.
They do shoot tracers. It's just that tracers are only spawned at a fair distance from the gunbarrel, so when you have two bots near to each other you never see them.

..sorry, random aside there. Carry on.
The_lone1
Mole Person

Post by The_lone1 »

It's all good now. I was about to sshot a pic of where he was stuck, so I could show you, but when I got back there, he'd already made it around the corner and was blowing up all the stuff.
Below is a pic, just so you can see where he did get stuck. I'd aslo like to mention that he was "floating" above the corpses when he was stuck:

?For we will fly on silver angel wings,
And weave such dreams as to want of sleep forever?
~Ablativelove
(Yep, that's my account over at devart)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Ah yeah he has a tendency to get stuck on corpses or dropped items, but if you let him fumble around for a bit, he'll give up on trying to walk around them and instead walk over them (which will look like he's floating). Glad it worked out, and sorry to say you can blame Epic Games for the unstable path finding :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine