TNM Weapons

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

SlySpy
UNATCO

Re: TNM Weapons

Post by SlySpy »

This may come as a surprise, but my favorite weapons in the game were the stun gloves. I've kung fu mastered so many people because of this. On my second playthrough, I made ZeroPresence look like a chump in a couple of seconds.

My other favorite would be the Dragon's Tooth Sword I guess. It's the strongest weapon in the game AFAIK, and you can get it pretty early on if you kill the right people.

The weapon I hated the most was the PHAT rifle. Biggest waste of time imo.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

SlySpy wrote:The weapon I hated the most was the PHAT rifle. Biggest waste of time imo.
Geezzz I thought it was just me and me not being able to use it right. Phew! Glad to know it was just a sucky weapon!
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

SlySpy wrote:My other favorite would be the Dragon's Tooth Sword I guess. It's the strongest weapon in the game AFAIK, and you can get it pretty early on if you kill the right people.
Well depends how you define "strongest". Technically, DD's fireblade is stronger because it deals the same damage, but also sets people on fire. If you include weapons that aren't melee, the LAM and the vortex grenade both deal way more damage than the nanosword, and I believe the same holds true for the GEP gun. The LAW certainly does.
Jane_Denton wrote:Geezzz I thought it was just me and me not being able to use it right. Phew! Glad to know it was just a sucky weapon!
Nah it's just you guys not knowing how to use it properly. The PHAT rifle is a stealth weapon - use it from far away, and your victim won't even know you're shooting him until he's gibbed. It's also excellent against bosses because it doesn't care how many hitpoints a character has, it gibs them with the same amount of shots no matter who they are. The alternate rice-bag ammo is far more useful though, in that it's an instant knockout ranged weapon if you're good enough to get a headshot with it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Post by heliosentity101 »

Meh , I know it takes some skill to use The PHAT rifle , but still i'd also have to agree , i pass it by most of the time on both storyline playthroughs , cos even though you use the ricebag ammo , enemies still seem to hear you firing the weapon even though there's no sound coming from the weapon when you fire it ! :( WTF ?!
I eat green beret's for breakfast ! and right now I'M VERY HUNGRY !! acolor]
santherus
Thug

Post by santherus »

... The Gibinator - I liked the way it was introduced (especially the hologram): it had a doom/quake feel to it. But is there any more than 2 ammo shots for the thing in game?

Also, just Experimented with Vortex grenades - really fun effects. Nice to see large metal crates flying around with abandon!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

There are three batteries for the Gibinator in the PDX storyline, including the battery in the gibinator itself, but you can't get the third one if you're with WorldCorp.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Are those also available on higher item difficulties (because I have a hard time finding the extra charge).

My only time I used the Gibinator was my last game: I did the Ryan ending and had to proceed back past the 2 security bots and turrets.
DESPITE using Radar Transparancy, which got me along just fine to the console, on the way back I got severly raped in the back for some reason. And without Vortex 'Nades, LAMs or any other kind of explosive I was forced to explode both droids in rapid succession with Radar Transparancy, then hide, Regen, and make a run for it. Awesome, even if it took me a dozen or so tries to figure out a good way to do it with the equipment I had :D.

And I agree about the suckiness of PHAT.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

My first experiance with the PHAT rifle was when I took out ZP with one shot from the ricebag launcher. My feeling is that it kicks ass. One shot and any just about any character in the game is on the ground out of commission, what more would you want in a weapon? Splash damage I suppose, but most of the alternatives don't have that either.
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

The only reason I carry the PHAT is so I can do Wolfy's mission in DXE, simply cos tranq darts take so long to affect the CS guards. I occasionally use it for hilarity, but otherwise it just takes up space. :D
Life is a series of random events designed to strip you of your sanity.

heliosentity101
UNATCO

It Seems As Though The Phat Rifles Gettin' some Bad Press Here Jonas !! :shock: I Know I Said It Sucked , But I Only Really Do Use It If I Feel Utter Bored in tnm and go on a killing spree with it really ... As For The Gibinator , Hell yeah !! this is a great weapon , because of it's main effect on any bot or character in game . there shouldve been something more like this too ... but another thing i gotta ask , whats with the gib effects ? when you do gib someone , thier inventory goes flyin all over the place ! and after say youv'e blew up a group of ABI guards with a LAM , there's machineguns , pistols and knives all over :shock: making the damn place look untidy !! :lol: i wouldnt complain though if it were just items like keys and such lying around after a massacre , cause mainly that's what your'e looking for .. or medkits .. or biocells :D i think the gib effect in DX was kinda better :) left nothing but Meaty chunks of bad guys on the floor with blood all over :D and no items lying round ... just saying :) :mrgreen:
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

heliosentity101 wrote:i think the gib effect in DX was kinda better :) left nothing but Meaty chunks of bad guys on the floor with blood all over :D and no items lying round ... just saying :)
Which meant that anyone carrying an important item had to be invulnerable. Somewhat restrictive.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Plus machine guns are pretty much renowned for not forming meaty chunks when subjected to explosive force.

Or would be, if anyone had every been weird enough to suggest such a thing.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I for one absolutely love all the weapons thrown around (and some even floating). Really adds something to a destructive moment... especially with Vortex Nades :P.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

Jonas wrote:Nah it's just you guys not knowing how to use it properly. The PHAT rifle is a stealth weapon - use it from far away, and your victim won't even know you're shooting him until he's gibbed. It's also excellent against bosses because it doesn't care how many hitpoints a character has, it gibs them with the same amount of shots no matter who they are. The alternate rice-bag ammo is far more useful though, in that it's an instant knockout ranged weapon if you're good enough to get a headshot with it.
Perhaps you are right, but I found it to be quite weak and annoying. I've always played the game stealthy, and never came across a point where I found it to be useful. To each his own I guess. I knew about the rice bags, never tried them though. I'll give the gun another chance and see if I'll like it.
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Meh , I Guess Chris Has A Point , But Usually in Dx You Could Just Easily blow Your Way Through Most Doors Anyway Without Needing A Key Or Lockpick ... Still Though , I Like To See The General Area Where Ive Gibbed Someone Perfectly Clean :) What With All The Weapons lying Around It Gives Me A Massive Urge To Pick them up when i clearly dont need them ! And Then I Leave The Room I'd just cleaned out , arguing with myself because there's weapons all over ! haha :lol: