Favourite character and or line(s) in TNM

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Favourite character and or line(s) in TNM

Post by bobby 55 »

It's a difficult choice but mine is Dark Templar.
A favourite line is too difficult but Dark Templar's 'Oh, and that' delivered after his rant about the ethereal rewards and Athena's stating of the phsycical rewards pre the kill Beefman quest gets to me for some reason.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Favourite character and or line(s) in TNM

Post by Jaedar »

Thatguy; his 14-0 in DOTA line makes me smile every time :)
At least, that is one of my favourites, they are all so lovely, well most of them anyway.
It would probably be quicker to list the characters that aren't my favourites than those that are :P
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jaedar wrote:It would probably be quicker to list the characters that aren't my favourites than those that are :P
Actually that would probably be pretty interesting. For me, at least. Care to mention a few and explain why? :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas, he's annoying.
Pacotti, but that's mainly because of low quality of the audio for him.
PartyZone barman, no good reason why, but I just don't like the char.

Well, that about summons it up, that was a pretty short list!
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yep! IT's pretty cool that the don't like list is miniscule.
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

Jaedar wrote:Thatguy; his 14-0 in DOTA line makes me smile every time :)
Oh yes, I very much enjoyed that one.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

I think that TNM done a very good job overall. Every character is unique, even if it's just a doorman or a store clerk - so naturally, you will connect with some characters, and some you'll just thoroughly hate. And that's a very good thing, because you can go berserk and kill almost everyone.
For me, I think, that hated character was Andreus. I just hated his accent and kind of dull character - but I didn't have to talk to him a lot, and I could get the napalm launcher by killing him, so no damage done.
Favorite character is probably Phasmatis, because he just loves it when King Kashue gets mad. I don't know why, but I really like his childish attitude - and also his maturity when you defect to WorldCorp.
And favorite line... I really don't know. I really liked ZeroPresence's conversation after the goat preacher shooting when Jonas is dead, so narrowing it down to 1 line is hard. It'd probably be one of Scara's lines, they're funny even out of context.
Servalan
Thug

Post by Servalan »

It's more in the delivery than the line itself, but one line I enjoy is in DarkTemplar's first convo with Trestkon in the voodoo shop. He's ranting away about how foul and evil the Llamas are and says something like "Just look at them!!! Can't you see how (blah blah blah) they are???" And when Trestkon says no, DT says "Well, you will eventually" in the most hilariously matter-of-fact tone. Cracks me up every time. :mrgreen:

Beefman's a bit of an idiot and Kashue is a bit of a prat, but the only character I come close to actually disliking is Jonas. Raving's description of him as a "total ponce" is ridiculously polite.
And I hope, and I dream, and I pray
That sometime we'll find a way
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

Wait...you can kill Jonas? But that's mean. He's so pathetically grateful when you don't kill him.

My God, a whole world of possibilities has opened up before me!
wink wonk
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Scara and Jonas would have to be my favourite characters. The voice-acting for Scara is just awesome, as are his lines. I also enjoy Jonas' lines too.

ThatGuy and Evil Invasion are sweet too. Personally, my least favourite are the mods. Why? Because I can't fucking kill them. Invincible bastards... I CANNOT UNLEASH MY PSYCHOTIC RAGE UPON THEE!
Servalan wrote:Beefman's a bit of an idiot and Kashue is a bit of a prat, but the only character I come close to actually disliking is Jonas. Raving's description of him as a "total ponce" is ridiculously polite.
Exactly why I like the character, heh.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

"just passing through"
"through my apartment?"
FatDragon
Mole Person

Post by FatDragon »

that guy wrote:"just passing through"
"through my apartment?"
Nice! I like how uncertain he sounds in that one, like he's not entirely sure that he has the right to be indignant.

My favorite line, off the top of my head: "Did you just call me a boob suit?" Calling somebody a "boob suit" brings out my inner eleven year-old, way to go Ghand!

For characters, I think the winner might be Beeblequix (thus far in my first playthrough, PDX + Llama side), though I hate him at the same time, because his long (but hilarious) PMs prevent me from quicksaving in the lava room, and I'm not the most dexterous jumper.

I was probably most disappointed with Raving - he just doesn't interest me much, and I had such high hopes, given his name.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It is kind of backwards that "Raving Nutter" and "Dr. Dumb Lunatic" are some of the most normal and sensible characters in the game while "Ghandaiah" and "SymGeosis" are completely off their rocker, despite their fairly straight-faced names.

Incidentally DDL is my personal favourite.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting DDL's character. I never done much exploration my first time round, trying to make up for that now. Also wanna see the Narcissus ending.

Oh yeah, The Narcissus Entity had some pretty cool lines IMO too. Was pretty trippy.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I ruled out Beeblequix because any who can eat his friend, possibly after sauteing him in his own urine, has too many issues. lol