D'you guys ever have moral/ethical qualms?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: D'you guys ever have moral/ethical qualms?

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas has a point :)
You knew WC were a bunch of evil bastards when you signed up.
Although, if you joined WC by failing to break out SD that raises some complications.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Well it's not that complicated if you take a step aside and say , fuck I'm playing a game. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:Well it's not that complicated if you take a step aside and say , fuck I'm playing a game. :)
Yes it is. Detaching your emotions can be terribly difficult.
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Well it's not that complicated if you take a step aside and say , fuck I'm playing a game. :)
Yes it is. Detaching your emotions can be terribly difficult.
Excellent point, that is taken. But FPS and death sorta go together, even with the RPG element.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

The fact that you have to commit a murder before you join World Corp (or, at the very least, bring about said murder) should be an indication that World Corp is not the route for non-murderers.

That said, the vortex grenade thing I think I might understand. If Kevo can't be interrogated then a new path will open up. They way I know of to do that is to kill him, but I think what Jaedar is saying is that if you kill the interrogators (which could be done by something like the Vortex grenade as it kills through walls) that will work as well.

-

Ok, I just had a look, without a vortex grenade, and if you kill the interrogator (say by shooting through the door with a plasma rifle) a new path does indeed open to you. Kevo is unharmed. So, you do have to kill someone, but it doesn't have to be Kevo.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Thanks Chris, even before you join you get enough information through your investigating that this bunch aren't the nicest guys around , even if they aren't Microsoft. :)
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

I was actually recently talking, over at TTLG, about how you can get enough information to make up your mind about World Corp several times over before needing to decide.

There's Sym who was tortured, the scientists at Partyzone who are getting as drunk as they can in hopes of forgetting what World Corp has had them doing, there's the businesspeople also at Partyzone whose lives have been destroyed by World Corp, the list goes on and on, but if you miss all of that you are still faced with, "This organization will only hire you if you commit murder for them."
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Yeah, it takes quite a bit of ignorance to not realize worldcorp are evil.
Is there any way to kill the interrogators without shooting through the wall though?
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

chris the cynic wrote:Ok, I just had a look, without a vortex grenade, and if you kill the interrogator (say by shooting through the door with a plasma rifle) a new path does indeed open to you.
Holy shit, I actually accounted for that? I am awesome.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Yes, you are.

That Guy What are you doing!? That was our guy! And he owed me 50 bucks, I'll never get that money back now! Aw, damnit man. Well, plan B then. I'm sending a couple of guys with some explosives over to the helipad. Meet them there and just let them work, then we'll be past that gate in no time. It's going to make some noise though, so prepare for trouble.

And the goal becomes:
Now that AJ has tragically been killed by "friendly" fire, you must wait for somebody from WC to come and bring down the gate.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yes Jonas, you covered every possible thing a player may do or not do. Kudos for that.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

chris the cynic wrote: Now that AJ has tragically been killed by "friendly" fire, you must wait for somebody from WC to come and bring down the gate.
The fun thing is, if you kill them as well, That guy gets really pissed and tells you to blow up the gate on your own :)
odio ergo sum
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

And after that you can kill your pilot too.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hahaha! The next time I play I'll try that, for the entertainment value not because I'm a murdering bastard...... oh, wait. :P
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

The "you knew what you were signing up for" thing is a valid argument I guess, but suppose I am simply attempting to use Scara to seize control as benevolent dictator? Then I'd have a legitimate reason to be a pacifist WC employee. This was kinda what I did on my WC game (avoid killing except Firewalls) but the effort I spent keeping all the PDX guys alive was kinda wasted when I found out I had to drop an orbital laser on their ass. Oh well, I suppose I shouldn't really argue with Narcissus about what scenarios are valid unless I want to be deleted (I learnt my lesson after killing Scara, I promise!).

Edit: No, please! Stop! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh...!

Edit: The puny flesh-being behind this post will be having a lie down now. Continue discussion.