What's your favourite TNM weapon?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

nekdo
Thug

What's your favourite TNM weapon?

Post by nekdo »

Tittle sas it all!

Mine is the Emp Gun:
It is so usufull against bots, especially spiders, and it only takes one slot!
It also makes firewalls fall apart.

Btw I picked it up by acident when I ended up in WorldCorp after exploring the sewers for a while. It was after I killed almost everyone inside so I said to myself: "I can't go back without finding something worth coming here" so I did.

Btw only TNM weapons! No Deus Ex weapons like DTS or Scramble grenade!
List here(if you need one)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What's your favourite TNM weapon?

Post by bobby 55 »

The Phat rifle for humour and death dealing. The Quad rocket launcher for the humour. I find it highly amusing being up high and firing at a target, and watch him change directions multiple times and the rocket doing the same.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Stungloves or Digital rhonins katana. I like the gloves better but the katana is a katana and gets a lot of pluses for that.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Vortex grenade!

Stun gloves and the EMP pistol are good too, but apart from those I think I mostly stuck with the regular DX weapons.
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Phat-rifle for utility (makes non-lethal play way easier and PHAT rays piece Kylie's augs when explosive can't IIRC) but Quad Rocket Launcher for kicking serious arse. When fully upgraded and with max skill you have an automatic rocket launcher with big magazine capable of levelling bots, cameras, doors etc. and you can often still frisk bodies for items! With max skill the reload sounds can't even keep up with the animation! An EMP rocket can take out a Milbot in a single hit! A great way to tear loose if you ever get bored and decide to spawn something devestating.

The special weapons (AO's pistol etc.) are good too, escpecially as AO's pistol+scope looks very cool. Never got round to using Trest's pistols though; I'm guessiing you need some mods and high skill for them to be useful

Edit: EMP pistol is very useful too and very useful against spider-bots and hoverbots. It might even make bots too easy. It also looks good and even has a custom scope design (try putting one on and it changes like AO's pistol, but with a scope that fits the rest of the design).
Attachments
EMP Pistol+scope
EMP Pistol+scope
Last edited by Delta2501 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

The Holy Spork of Righteousness. I just love whipping it out and hearing "Halleluja!". It also reminds me of the Worms' holy grenade, which just adds to its comedic value.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Vortex Grenade and the EMP Pistol of course!
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Made in China wrote:It also reminds me of the Worms' holy grenade, which just adds to its comedic value.
I'm pretty sure the sound is directly ripped from Worms 2 - it was something I requested, as I recall. The holy hand grenade in Worms 2 always gave me a good laugh, and it fits the Golden Spork so well.

My favourite weapon is Trestkon's pistols because all main characters should have a signature weapon, and as guns go, those pistols are pretty stylish, even if akimbo pistols have become sort of a cliché by now. The EMP pistol is a close second for being damn near indispensable.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Surely that sound must tip off guards a mile away. As worms weapons go I'd rather replace the ROFL laser with a Concrete Donkey to mash PDX into the ground.

Edit: Anyone remember that trick in the original worms where you could make the uzi/minigun fire bazooka shells? A weapon like that would be awesome (and incredibly impractical)!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Honestly, the three most brilliant weapons in video game history are (in order of awesomeness):
  1. A Ton of Dirt (Scorched Earth)
  2. Super Sheep (Worms 2)
  3. SBC Cannon (Serious Sam)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

I kind of wish Yardbomb had a portal gun tucked away in his shop somewhere, after all we already have an AI with a bad attitude. I wonder if Narcissus and GLaDOS would hit it off...

Speaking of Yardbomb, is it normal not to be able to talk to nineball and the floating head guy on day 2? And is the only way to get stun gloves without pissing off Raving to wait until day 2 before breaking in? (sorry for going a little off topic there)

Edit: We desperately need a Narcissus "Still Alive" equivalent.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Delta2501 wrote:I wonder if Narcissus and GLaDOS would hit it off...
I have an ominous suspicion that Narcissus is busy doing unspeakable things to SHODAN, and vice versa. I'm pretty sure ShadowCode is more on GLaDOS's level - SHODAN would probably just consider him a pathetic fanboy, but GLaDOS at least shares his sense of humour.
Speaking of Yardbomb, is it normal not to be able to talk to nineball and the floating head guy on day 2?
Yeah. I'm not sure why we left them there in the first place, they don't actually have lines on Day 2. They'll be gone in version 1.0.4.
And is the only way to get stun gloves without pissing off Raving to wait until day 2 before breaking in? (sorry for going a little off topic there)
I don't remember exactly what ticks him off. But probably.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Actually, you can rob the storage area without raving going mad. Just don't disable(or trigger) the alarms.
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:Actually, you can rob the storage area without raving going mad. Just don't disable(or trigger) the alarms.
QFT. He doesn't get pissed if you go through the vent to get them. EMP the blue lasers.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:
Jaedar wrote:Actually, you can rob the storage area without raving going mad. Just don't disable(or trigger) the alarms.
QFT. He doesn't get pissed if you go through the vent to get them. EMP the blue lasers.
or pepper spray (Thank you Hassat's walkthrough)
odio ergo sum